RDRC S1 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS1 - gravel Finland, one of my favourite track and surface combos. Wasn't very clean, but turned out pretty good, and boy was it a joy to drive. Only 4 seconds behind Warren in a WRC car :eek:
SS2 - tried it only twice before, was very very careful, no risks at all.
SS3 - well, ****. I bloody hate this stage. Went too fast into a corner near the start, easy left my ass, lost the gearbox, stuck in 2nd. Oh well, kept going. I was even faster than the stage record on the second split, LOL. But then slid down the hill 1km before the end. And couldn't restart the engine :(. DNF.
SS4 - luckily, here's gravel Finland again to brighten up my day. A bit messier second run, but 2 seconds faster. Again 4 seconds slower than Warren.
SS5 - awful. Messed up all 90 degree turns, and had to reverse a bit twice
SS6 - I said it before, I'll say it again, new Dusk mode is gorgeous :). Crap stage though.
SS7 - foggy Noiker... Scary. I messed up right at the start, that ditch threw me off the road.
I don't really know the stage, just a couple of spots maybe. But with this fog, and the gravel mod, I couldn't figure out where I was or what was coming next. Didn't have the guts to go flat out on straights, that's how scared I was :D
SS8 - tight, twisty, slow, not my thing. But I didn't fell of, so I'm happy.
SS9 - rolled it once, but overall my favourite Japan stage so far :D
SS10 - a decent run, easier to breathe when you can see more than 20 metres in front :)
SS11 - tried to cut near the end, hit a rock in the grass. No warning?
SS12 - that was a Japan stage? Totally unrecognizable

Forgot about team speak again, joined late. Just now realized, sorry if goodbyes were rude, I was trying to figure out would I have been close to winning without my retirement :D

Turns out that Tuesday is definitely not my racing day :). Only outs, trees hit and ditching. So frustrating that I wanted to quit at some point, but only thing that kept me going was some valuable points for my new team. And yes I manage no CFH and DNF, but the rest was disaster.

Phew!!! I was glad to finish this Rally, I found it veeery demanding, partly due to the Stages, but mainly due to fighting with the new Peugeot. I wasn't used to this car, and it's handling was hugely different to the Pug 206, the 307 is very loose in the tail, resulting in a few bad spins which cost me dearly. Still, it was good to learn a new car.

Ss01 and Ss04 (Finland went quite well for me) but the BTB Stage really undid me the first time. I locked the brakes at one of the early tight right handers, and charged down the escape road into the wooden fence. It took ages to extract myself from the fence, and then found my steering was at 45deg. This lead to a couple more crashes. Next time around, I was more careful and managed a cleaner run.
The Dusk Stage looked very nice, rather eery, but I just couldn't see where I was going, so took it extremely slowly to survive.
Noiker was much the same in the med fog, again just a blurred haze to drive through. I survived it but had a spin or two along the way.
I made a mess of Tanner both times, with a bad spin off into the scrub the first time around.
The last Stage was a fright, it looked like a bushfire had gone through Japan, leaving charred tree trunks. :eek:

All in all, another fun Rally, hard work for me this time, but of course a Rally Championship should be a demanding test, hey :rolleyes: . Well done to Rick for designing this one, and thanks again to Senad for his huge support and organisation skills.

Thanks to Damien and Senad for the TS chats.

Well done to Damien for winning the OC Rally, but sadly Senad advised us that we were light years off the pace of the top drivers in Europe. :eek:

EDIT: Sorry Eddie, you ended up winning the OC Rally. We must have looked at the on-line times before you had finished the last Stage. Well done Eddie, bad luck Damien. :)

I also found a problem, when I blocked the wheels under braking, I tried to regain control with lifting brake pedal but i didn't help my car slide away and I felt that wheels are still blocked, is this normal or I did something wrong, some settings?

Roman, I did the same thing a couple of times, especially at the BTB Stage. I think it was due to the gravel surface (which seemed more slippery in that BTB Stage). I think that when you lock the brakes and start sliding, it takes some time to regain traction, which I would think is normal for a gravel surface. On gravel, you need to ensure that you don't badly lock brakes, and some cars even require an adjustment to the brake prerssures and bias to help minimise that.
The BTB Stage seemed more dangerous in this regard due to being more slippery and getting very late co-driver calls for a couple of the hairpins. I impailed myself on the wooden fences twice there due to brake lock-ups, and I'm normally gentle on the brakes. :eek:

You might also be able to help minimise the brake locking by adjusting the sensitivity curve of your brakes using the in-game Controller settings. I use a lot of curve for Brakes and Accelerator.

I had a solid rally until Pirka Menoko where i accidently understeered off course and hit some bamboo... It caused my gearbox to fail and i had to retire from SS 9. I was very cautious at first but slowly began to build up my confidence throughout the rally stages. My favorite stage of this rally had to be the BTB stage... that was such a perfect stage and reminded me of back roads in my area... i love narrow gravel stages! However, i think i made up a lot of time in the Noiker Fog stage. I took quite a chance taking the risks i took there but it ended up paying off as i scored a good time.

I am not yet sure how i compared to everyone else, but i am very satisfied with my performance in that i was not overly cautious and overly risky. I kept a moderate style of attack and only had about 3-5 noticeable mistakes with 2 of them being major. Now i just need to start practicing more before the rally and get some setups on that Xsara!

Overall Rally Results

20101025rdrcs1round3.png

Congrats to our winners, Sebastien in the A league, and Lukasz in the Premier :good:

After missing out on the win by mere seconds in Round 2, Sebastien came back with an awesome performance. 4 whole minutes in front of P2. Amazing drive :trophy: :eek:
In P2 was Simone, a very nice debut for him :good:

Lukasz ended Ludovic's domination in Premier, but things were much closer there, three drivers within a minute.

7 different stage winners this time, 3 in A, and 4 in Premier league:

Sebastien Levret: 10 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Lukasz Demolin: 6 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star::star::star::star::star:
Ludovic Cogotti: 2 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star:
Senad Subasic: 2 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star:
Gaëtan Legastelois: 2 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star:
Tor Anders Berven: 1 stage win (A League) :star:
Jakub Sulej: 1 stage win (A League) :star:

Honorable mentions: Gaëtan Legastelois, another newcomer, was going really fast, but unfortunately, had two big retirements, which put him a bit lower than expected.
I'd like to honorably mention myself too :D, this is the closest I've ever been to winning a rally. If only I hadn't retired on SS3 :rose-dead:

Thanks to all who participated, and thank you Rick for organizing the whole thing :)

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to me at senad.subasic@gmail.com , or upload them to http://www.speedyshare.com
:thanks:

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view. Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Attachments

• 2010-10-25 RDRC S1 - Round 3.png
    2010-10-25 RDRC S1 - Round 3.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 321
Wow, I am very happy with this result, I manage 11 very good stages. Only one assitance for the SS6.

Congrats to my teamate for his second place and congrats to Gaetan for the very fast specials for his very first rally event. Need to avoid "retired" for the next rally and you can be on the podium.

Thanks everybody for the fun and the admin for this event.

Congratulations Seb, that is one awesome win, 4 minutes faster than anyone else. :eek: :cool:
Half of that was gained in the two BTB Stages, staggering times for those. :pray:

Clearly on another planet. :wink:

Congratulations Seb, that is one awesome win, 4 minutes faster than anyone else. :eek: :cool:
Half of that was gained in the two BTB Stages, staggering times for those. :pray:

Clearly on another planet. :wink:

I'll second that; I had a reasonably good night, with only a few spectator deaths to slow me down but your times are astounding! How do you do it?!

Congratulation to my teamate, really impressive in this rallye.
Congratulation too for Lukasz which take the victory here, really nice drive and some great times.
I'm really enjoyed to see some competitor in my class, with Gaetan, Aaron, Robb and Senad it is more closed for this round where I really unknow a lot of special.
I encounter some difficulties on BTB stage and Noiker (like a lot of people) which cost me certainly the victory.
Thanks to Rick, Senad and Ondrej for their excellent work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back