RDRC S1 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake I'd double booked myself last night...:frown:....the good news I guess is I'm now in the finals for a club pairs title (lawn bowls..dont laugh!! :tongue:) the bad news is I'll now miss the V8Factor league race I compete in over here tomorrow night as well to play it.....o well next round, and apologies again for not racing with you guys this week :rally:.

I would beat you again Senad if my engine wouldnt stop without any warning on Noiker :( I was downshifting for hairpin and engine died on 2nd shift without any damage, and was over

I am going for 2 days of break out of rally or I will cry next whole week :D

I would beat you again Senad if my engine wouldnt stop without any warning on Noiker :( I was downshifting for hairpin and engine died on 2nd shift without any damage, and was over

Ondrej, did you try to restart your engine? If that doesn't work, did you try the Call for Help?
I have previously stalled my engine without warning, sometimes it will restart, sometimes not. Once when it wouldn't restart, I used Call for help, and it restarted the engine.
Just wanted to mention this in case you didn't know.

My mistake I'd double booked myself last night...:frown:....the good news I guess is I'm now in the finals for a club pairs title (lawn bowls..dont laugh!! :tongue:) the bad news is I'll now miss the V8Factor league race I compete in over here tomorrow night as well to play it.....o well next round, and apologies again for not racing with you guys this week :rally:.

Ah, too bad. But if that happens again, feel free to ask for an additional session, Saturday, Sunday, any time you can drive.

Good luck :D

Ah, racing driver excuses... :tongue:
And if my easy left was really easy left, you'd be miles behind :tongue: :D

Anyway, added the points scored

There have been car changes, team changes, and a few new drivers. The possibility of me making a mistake is higher than usual :D. Let me know if you notice anything. :thanks:

Uploading one part of the video now.
As usual, Sony Vegas decided to crap all over it at the very end of rendering. So there are a couple of glitches near the end. Will re-render tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend another video capturing software? Fraps is actually causing the problems.

Are you having the issue where Vegas cannot decode a frame and it tells you to reinstall fraps? When this happens to me I save the project and close then reload the project and the "undecodable" frames are back again.

I am not 100% sure it is solely a fraps issue, but rather the interaction between vegas and the fraps codec. For example I never get issues when viewing the fraps capture directly, only when manipulating the video in vegas.

Before I bought fraps I was using WeGame which worked well on my XP machine, but had bad performance when I switched to Win7, so I bought fraps. There is also camtasia, I have not used it.

Are you having the issue where Vegas cannot decode a frame and it tells you to reinstall fraps? When this happens to me I save the project and close then reload the project and the "undecodable" frames are back again.

Yup, I do that too. Did it three times last night, lost over an hour of rendering and opening a massive project each time.

This last time there were no error messages, so I figured everything was okay.

Anyway, it's not just with Vegas, I think it's with Adobe's software too. Fraps messes stuff up.

Cheers

Anyway, Re: Fraps fails. Found one solution: resave all as AVIs with VirtualDub. Problem: if I want to save compressed, it's awfully slow, so it will more than double the rendering time. Raw avi isn't as slow, but takes up a lot of disc space, which I don't have (resaved files are 10 times bigger, would require 600+ GB :eek:).

I'll take my chance with rendering directly. Wish me luck :D

EDIT: movie done, gonna render it now, and then upload when I wake up.

EDIT2: movie still done, gave up on rendering, will pass it through virtualdub first after all. Found the proper way to do it, not slow at all.

EDIT3: same error after an hour of rendering :damnit:

EDIT4: okay, finally done :). One hour of converting in VirtualDub, two hours of rendering. Now just 5 hours of uploading left :woot: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 173 7.9%