RDRC S1 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I also like it, never enjoyed even rally seen on TV, but this game made me like a little more, and indeed it takes more concentration than any other motorsport, and I like to play for that, and have the car that i love, Subaru! :cool:

yes, I also like it, never enjoyed even rally seen on TV, but this game made me like a little more, and indeed it takes more concentration than any other motorsport, and I like to play for that, and have the car that i love, Subaru! :cool:

You're right about the concentration :eek:

I especially notice it with Petter Solberg and his new co-driver, geez... When the guy starts blurting out things for 5 seconds without a pause, I'm totally lost, and I'm just watching it :eek: :rally:

You're right about the concentration :eek:

I especially notice it with Petter Solberg and his new co-driver, geez... When the guy starts blurting out things for 5 seconds without a pause, I'm totally lost, and I'm just watching it :eek: :rally:

yes, I think that without the arrows of the game not picked up half the things that co-driver says! :D

well...

I will now sleep for tomorrow be ok at rally, hug guys :thumb:

The rally has finished for me and i,m pleased how it went, no DNF's, no CFH's and only very few spins but no video material from my driving ( have saved all replays but it will be boring as i've intended to finish and was very cautious lol ). As i dropped from the server there are my times ( just in case :) )
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24445989/Times_28_09_2010_01_29_19.html
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24445990/Times_28_09_2010_02_24_22.html

GL guys :)

EDIT: how my times compare to EU guys?? Tell me Senad pls or i won't be able to sleep lol

Thx Senad, that means i should do better then round 1 :), but still over 2 min. to the fast guys, thats like 10 sec on each stage but slowly getting there :). Another 6 months of driving and i should know every corner and pothole and be able to challenge for some wins :)

USX session is empty.

If you happen to know you won't be able to make it, please say so in the thread. Not important for EU or OC sessions, just the nonstandard ones, created for someone.
It takes a couple of minutes to set it up, and juggling 5 sessions when you can only have 3 at a time is a bit of a handful.
coffee.gif

:thanks:

Fun rally, nice long gravel stages. Still coming to grips with the car, but I had time to recce and practice, so had a much better rally than last time. Just a few mistakes, but mostly clean and cautious :)

I completely failed. There were couple of sectors that felt nice, but I was struggling not only for pace, but to even stay on the road. Offs were plentiful (tried to push, not to finish), rolls were common. Worst fail was on Ivato, were I slid behind a tree that turned out to be a diode - it wouldn't let me to pass through the other way :]. Also the fail on Canyon stage was a shameful one - I just merrily stayed on the throttle when co-driver shouted "jump" (but there was no "keep left" or "caution") and it turned out it would be a better idea to take it way slower and from the left. Ah well, multiple roll finished on roof.

That's what I get for forcing myself into practicing on 18:40 GMT yesterday :D.

And - was it supposed to be "dusk" for ALL the stages following the first one during the dusk? Because I was driving in the dark till the BTB stage.

Also the fail on Canyon stage was a shameful one - I just merrily stayed on the throttle when co-driver shouted "jump" (but there was no "keep left" or "caution") and it turned out it would be a better idea to take it way slower and from the left. Ah well, multiple roll finished on roof.
Ah, yes, pace note fail there. Good thing I did that stage twice just before the session :D

And - was it supposed to be "dusk" for ALL the stages following the first one during the dusk? Because I was driving in the dark till the BTB stage.

No, SS7 was the only one in dusk. Everything was fine on my end, strange. Anyone else?

Rick Bamford - JME Rallysport

"That didn't go as I planned" were the words from a disapointed subaru driver at the end of the second RDRC rally for 2010. The tem had put in a lot of work with the set-up over the past 3 weeks and were confident of a good showing on the dry gravel. SS1 went well, setting a good time and feeling positive, but on SS2 - Greenhills - things started to go wrong. "i was in a good flow and driving well, After I went through the second creek crossing, I got to the next left hander an the car just didn't want to stop. it felt like the rear brakes were locking. Maybe I bent somthing in the rear, I just don't know." In SS3 the day got even worse with a high speed off 500m before the jump. The driver clipping the inside of a corner and flipping off the road. A broken driveshaft then meant the car was almost undrivable and caused another roll into retierment.

Ok, here is were a reallife report would end, lol.

SS4 - 8 were great fun. I got into a grove and was really happy with my driving. Should be some good times there.
SS9 was going GREAT except for an early spin, untill the second last juction where I just came it WAY too fast, tried to go up the exit road and hit a tree. Broken gearbox, end of stage.
SS10 -I think I clipped a bank and damaged something, just off the pace.
SS11&12 - back into the grove. I can't wait to see the times from Mineshaft.

Thanks to everone who competed, I hope you all had as much fun as I did but better luck. I think Warren took out the OC tonight. It looked like he and Tony were swapping times well.

Ok, Senad, time to see your good work;)

Oceania Rally is done and dusted, good fun again but quite challenging. Only 4 of us running tonight, and it was my little french Pug vs three Subaru's. Rick seemed to be belting out some veeeery fast Stages, but seemed to have a couple of "incidents??". Tony and I had a great battle all Rally, mostly only a second ot two between us on most Stages, unless one of us had an off.
My rally was pretty steady, no major dramas with a few small crashes, but on SS11, with less than 30 secs to the finish, I drove it head on into a tree. :eek: It was now stuck in 2nd gear but I limped the short distance home, thank goodness it wasn't far.

Thanks to Tony for the TS chatting, look forward to more close Rally action, Tony, Damien, and I are so even in our times, it makes it great racing. :D

Thanks to Senad and Rick for organising. :cool:

Something obviously went wrong for you there Lukasz, because SS07 was the only Dusk Stage for me. This is what was listed in the Race Programme too. Very strange :confused::confused:.

I got caught a little by a wee change from the Programme too. It was listed as mostly all "Gravel" mod, and I had a set up saved for this mod, but when I joined the Rally, it was all "Normal" mod and my setup didn't appear available. So i just went with the default setup, but it seemed ok in the Pug anyway. :rolleyes:

Something obviously went wrong for you there Lukasz, because SS07 was the only Dusk Stage for me. This is what was listed in the Race Programme too. Very strange :confused::confused:.

Don't know what happened for you Lukasz, it seams to have worked for everyone else. Just seams to be VERY strange.

I got caught a little by a wee change from the Programme too. It was listed as mostly all "Gravel" mod, and I had a set up saved for this mod, but when I joined the Rally, it was all "Normal" mod and my setup didn't appear available. So i just went with the default setup, but it seemed ok in the Pug anyway. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the original rally was "gravel" mode but it was changed within a day of going up after you and Senad asked about it. Didn't seam so effect mister smooth though;)

Yeah, the original rally was "gravel" mode but it was changed within a day of going up after you and Senad asked about it. Didn't seam so effect mister smooth though;)

Ooops!! That's what I get for not checking hey. :wink:

As usual, I think I proved that setup changes are nearly useless for me anyway, I hardly noticed any difference using default. They shouldn't let amateur drivers have access to these complicated mechanical things, best left to the expert support crews. :rolleyes::):)
I did have a very promising mechanic sometime ago, but he defected to JME Rallysport. :tongue:

I never manage to post yesterday because some problems with my internet. But was a good race for me, slow start first 4 SS went like I was without turbo :). But the dusk SS was the worse for me because of bad visibility( I think my screen is the problem). Mineshaft - I never took the big jump and roll the car, but now I did it, it would be a great scene for your movie Senad.
Thanks for anyone who participated and for the creators of this event !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back