RDRC S1 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k plan A failed, plan B (Huh?), plan C (wish i had a plan B), plan D..survive to Finish! lol!:)

Yeah, my rally ended up being a comedy of error's for most stages?? eg: smash windscreen led to engine damage, which went onto no brakes and on 1 stage led to virtual manslaughter, i now have 2 skulls painted on the side of my car.

Thanks to all the guys on the Eu session, a bit early for me, but i still enjoyed the challenge.

Congrats to whoever takes-out the top spots, well done!
Thanks to Senad & Rick for housekeeping.

I hope to put in a better effort next time, sob-sob.

OC people are not in the top 5, and have no stage wins.

yep, the speed of the top Euro people was just mind-goggling. me, I had some great fun after halftime. Here are the details:

stage1: not having touched RBR for close to two weeks paid off big time (hahah), a mighty double flip at the first 90 degree junction and one more call for help left me limping to the finish
stage2: another two offs with help needed left the front hood instable and it flipped open as I headed into the second watery part. took me a while to figure out I had a bumper camera as well as the blasted thing stayed up and then went out of the river the wrong way :(
stage3: was going fine for the first time till a really trifling mistake sent me into a tree which in turn killed the engine :(
stage4: dreadful graphics but I avoided that killer jump luckily, still one call for help
stage5: dreadful drive with many small mistakes resulting in a big off moment which cost three spectators their lives. However, the same people merrily put my car back on track. ah, the wonders of the virtual world
stage6: a stage to forget
stage7: a really nice drive at last, enjoyed the dusk, nice atmosphere, pity it doesn't show in the replay
stage8: first one I went "great job, man"-ing myself after the stage was finished
stage9: another smooth drive just one off but I managed to weave through some trees without toch and regained the track
stage10: nice one
stage11: almost did my best run ever at mineshaft but missed the second to last 90 degree turn and had to reverse
stage12: why did i have to test how solid these ads along the track really are on this stage. cement! concrete! steel! still, second lap was decent and rounded off a nice second half of the rally!

thx organizers and participants alike, a great night of sim-playing, loved it (well, the second half at least ...)

replay stages 1/2/8 will be packed tonight and sent to Senad.

My rallye report :

Stage 1 : time to find my feeling with my Mitsubishi, not a great special but managed until the end without major mistakes.
Stage 2 to 12 : now, I am in this second round and made a fantastic driving without any mistakes for all other special. I am really pleased by my performance.

Gravel is really good and I like it, just time to find the good feeling and keep a good drifting style without pushing out of the limit.
Objectives are complete, no mistake with a good pulse. I have certainly done my best rallye here.
Thanks for the staff and all other drivers, not sure my replay was really interesting, maybe one where I managed my best performance.

My report:

SS1 : At the end of the first sector, I look at the time and see that I have less than 1s behind Jakub Sulej. But with this deconcentration I missed the turn and touch a tree. At the end, 4s behind Tor Anders Berven and less than 1s behind Jakub Sulej.
SS2 : I won the EU stage (gain time)
SS3 : I won the EU stage (gain time)
SS4 : I won the EU stage (gain time)
SS5 : I won the EU stage. And Now first in the EU.
SS6 : Finish 3rd but didn't loss lot of time
SS7 : during the 2 first sector, I made a good run. In the same second as Tor Anders Berven. So I though, now I can take less risk and be safe. But 2-3 laps after that, I fell in the hole. Have to ask for the assitance. Damn, maybe the modification of my pace. (30s loss...)
SS8 : no over choice, I need to come back. Tor Anders Berven won this stage
SS9 : Don't remember but not a lot of time between me Tor Anders Berven.
SS10 : I won the EU stage (gain time)
SS11 : I won the EU stage (gain time)
SS12 : I won the EU stage (gain time)

At the end, I was 9s behind Tor Anders Berven, my assitance was my big mistake. Instead of that the EU will be mine.

Nice job Tor Anders Berven and Jakub Sulej, very pleased to run against you. That is a big challenge for me maybe I have to make some practice now.

Overall Rally Results

20100830rdrcs1round2.png

Congrats to our winners, Tor in the A league, and Ludovic in the Premier, two in a row :good:

Tor took the overall win by less than 10 seconds, but this was still a Project D dominated rally; both drivers in the team had the most stage wins in their respective leagues.

Only 5 different stage winners this time, 3 in the A, and 2 in the Premier league:

Ludovic Cogotti: 10 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Sebastien Levret: 7 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Tor Anders Berven: 4 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star::star:
Senad Subasic: 2 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star:
Jakub Sulej: 1 stage win (A League) :star:

Good result for Robb in the Premier league, second podium in two rallies.
Sebastien in A league has two podiums as well, a win was just out of reach on both occasions.
Nice debut for Tony Hutchins, second in the OC session, had some fast times there.
Aaron DeMarre had a decent rally, got a podium position, quite an improvement after his 6th place in the first rally.

Steve Bean was in the wrong car, but since he didn't drive after SS4, and didn't score any points, I kept his times.

Thanks to all who participated, and thank you Rick for organizing the whole thing, I had a great time :)

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to me at senad.subasic@gmail.com , or upload them to http://www.speedyshare.com
:thanks:

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view. Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Attachments

• 2010-08-30 RDRC S1 - Round 2.png
    2010-08-30 RDRC S1 - Round 2.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 296
Podium finish for me- yuppeeeeeeeeeeee :) :).Yesterday i was sure i was going to lose my 3rd to Rick and Warren at least, thx guys for letting me keep it :). I,m very glad with my performance, now its time to practice before the next round so i can become familiar with the stages and instead of cautious driving i should be able to push a bit.
Congrats to Tor and Sebastien ( watch out guys :tongue: ) and big thanks to organizers for their hard work on the league. Well done all:):)

Great work again Senad.

Congrats to Tor, Seb and Dariusz, as well as Robb and Lukasz. Good showing from Tony and Aaron. I hope all you guys put in your replays (not just the crashes but the stages you went well on to) and I'll be looking forward to another great movie.

Did anyone have problems with the BTB stages in the rally this time?

A bit of a disapointment that only 20 drivers turned up out of 32 but i guess we will loose some along the way.

Oh sweet, I felt like I was having a good rally, but wasn't expecting 2nd in Premier! I don't think I could have caught Ludovic tho, even without the mistakes I would have been way off his pace.

I really like the Subie, I might run it more often. Really fun car to drive.

From 7th to 4th :), the top 3 will be impossible to catch this championship so will need to defend from Warren, Rick and Eddie, its going to be tough.
BTW: Senad, i think you forgot to add Helder to overall results.

Ah, it's because he hasn't scored any points this round. Will add him, and anyone else with 0 points (32 drivers total)

Oh sweet, I felt like I was having a good rally, but wasn't expecting 2nd in Premier! I don't think I could have caught Ludovic tho, even without the mistakes I would have been way off his pace.

I really like the Subie, I might run it more often. Really fun car to drive.

Ludovic is a bit out of our league (pun very much intented :D). One more win, and he's off to the A league, and then maybe the rest of us can get a win or two :tongue:

Ughhh holy CRAP are you serious? I looked at this several times and thought that the US stages started at 11pm on the 28th not at monday night! Man i was so pumped for this.. is there anyway i could still drive it with a significant penalty? Even if the penalty is in DNF? (I at least want experience with how this RSRBR app works)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%