Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?

5/10. Very happy with the pace, particularly in the wet. 99% of the race my driving was brilliant, but that 1% cacks it's up again :D Strategy wasn't brilliant either but had to take a gamble where I was to get back in the picture and ultimately chose the wrong one.

2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?

Definitely this represents my best opportunity to win so far this season. It's not a track I expect myself to win at, but one of the ones where I need to be picking up a good result to make a good championship campaign. Without another seizure I'd at the very least expect a return to the podium.

3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?

Make copse slightly more of a challenge again with the higher downforce cars

4. With the PS5 coming out soon, what has been your favourite game on the PS4?

Weirdly I'd probably have to say Black Ops 3. At the time it was out I really enjoyed playing cod and sunk quite a lot of hours into it- definitely the cod I was best at too.

5. What is your favourite Ice Cream?

Strawberry. Anyone who says Mint touches children.

Austrian GP Results:
1. Connor Mcdonagh - 5
2. Ben Goldie - 4
3. Dawid Wiśniewski - 3
4. Jake Taylor - 3
5. Martijn Boontje - 2
6. Hasnain Aslam - 1
= Alex Gerasimenko - 1

A mixed up race gives another low scoring round, with Connor taking his 3rd win of the season. Ben and Dawid round out the podium.
Here's how everyone predicted:
Predictions R7.png

Standings after R7:
1. Connor Mcdonagh - 50
2. Ben Goldie - 49
3. Cian Geraghty - 36
4. Dawid Wiśniewski - 35
5. Jake Taylor - 35
6. Daniel Newcombe - 31
7. Alex Gerasimenko - 27
8. Hasnain Aslam - 24
9. Michael Fleming - 23
10. Martijn Boontje - 22
11. Luke Cage - 9

Connor takes jumps 1 point ahead of Ben with his 3rd win of the season but no major position changes all around.

Total Wins
1. Connor Mcdonagh - 3
2. Daniel Newcombe - 2
3. Cian Geraghty, Ben Goldie - 1

Last edited:
1.How do you rate your performance in the previous race?
5/10, my driving wa terrible, but getting no pens and the right strategic call saved my sorry butt

2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
Traditionally Silverstone is one of my weakest tracks so just finishing of Dawid would be a success

3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
The Last section is just so weird to dorve and also trying to include the old bridge section would be great

4. With the PS5 coming out soon, what has been your favourite game on the PS4?
F1 2016 on the online side and AC Origins/Uncharted as Singleplayer games

5. What is your favourite Ice Cream?
Dark Chocolate and Tiramisu Ice cream

I won’t be racing this week and now give up the full time seat as previously agreed with Hasnain because I will be attending few if any races from now on. So if I could be added to the reserve list again that would be great.

Car stood still at the start so got overtaken by all drivers at the back, but had a really nice first stint on the mediums. First safety car completely ruined it, worst timing ever for us medium runners and to make matters worse I got a drive trough.. Did the drive through after everyone had green again. Hoping for anothee safety car which came luxkily quite soon after, what a lifeline. Would not be me if I completely focussed only on what kind of sets of tyres I had left jnstead of looking at the delta, so I got disqualified. The focus is not there this season and it really needs to change ASAP.

Felt my final warning when I had wing damage was unfair and I would like it removed if possible.

Attachments

• 11A7306F-4FAF-4275-A12E-8304DE4633F3.jpeg
    11A7306F-4FAF-4275-A12E-8304DE4633F3.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 55C84EF4-3C30-4FCA-ADD4-03D0656CE3E2.jpeg
    55C84EF4-3C30-4FCA-ADD4-03D0656CE3E2.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 40

this is one of my worst tracks and i barely practiced so i am happy with the outcome but my lack of race pace is worrying, i really struggle to put consecutive laps on the limit, meanwhile i can get my act together in quali.

anyway 3 podiums in a row is a decent turnaround for now, and hopefully i can keep this momentum up, well done to Ben and Josh.

Last edited:
Quali - started well but then on my last run I don’t think Danny knew I was on a lap and by the time he did it was too late and I was compromised going into the middle sector. I then dropped to p4.

Race- I once again got hit from behind into turn one but luckily didn’t spin for once lol. Pace was ok but I struggled to attack Connor and Ben as I was the 3rd man in DRS train. I got unlucky with the last few corners as I got caught up in the front 2s collision. Finished p2 which was a great result! GG Ben!

Last edited:
Q: P2
First two sectors were amazing. Two tenths purple nearly. No comment on sector three xD

R: P1

Cushty start to the race. Was pretty sluggish to spring into life, but once the DRS kicked in and I put my laps together Alex was pretty light work. Wasn't too sure when to pit, but thought about where everyone's position in the pit lane was and thought if I go lap 8 I remove the risk of undercut. Safety car was pretty poorly timed in the end, so Connor got the jump from 3rd to 1st.

On the first restart Connor pushed like crazy from the off. At first I thought I didn't have the pace to live with it, but in the end it seemed to just be warm up for the first lap. The gap went to 1.2/3, but a big fastest lap brought me well back in DRS and dropped Alex off behind. Set about saving back up the ERS, fairly comfortably, before the next SC.

Second restart was deja vu really. Wasn't too concerned when Connor initially gapped me that time, and just made sure I'd give myself a chance of the fastest lap and be there in his DRS when it mattered. Lost the FL by 0.02 in the end so devastating xD How it developed there after I knew I had the pace in hand over Connor ahead, and Clarky was a good arms length back, so we set about the big finale. I knew he potentially had a speeding penalty, but was uncertain whether it'd get removed so we went for it. Whenever I was P2 I knew I'd get the run when it mattered, it was just about making sure Clarky didn't make an opportunistic attack somewhere unconventional, which would be his best chance at a pass. I got the move made once on Connor before a bit of a bottle- got my head back down though and righted the wrong. Final lap showdown was great to be a part of, and fortunately I survived relatively unscathed to take the flag.

One of the most enjoyable races I've ever had, which is testament to the environment here and the people in the league. Throughout the race and quali I definitely got the pace showcased, in the end was really just about seizing the initiative to get that first win of the season. Race craft wise also I'm very happy, I think a bad attack/defence could've easily seen me spin myself or be picked off from behind.

GG everyone who came across me in the race- obviously Connor especially for the battling. Very nice way to head into the break, see you on the other side lads :D

Q: P2
First two sectors were amazing. Two tenths purple nearly. No comment on sector three xD

R: P1

Cushty start to the race. Was pretty sluggish to spring into life, but once the DRS kicked in and I put my laps together Alex was pretty light work. Wasn't too sure when to pit, but thought about where everyone's position in the pit lane was and thought if I go lap 8 I remove the risk of undercut. Safety car was pretty poorly timed in the end, so Connor got the jump from 3rd to 1st.

On the first restart Connor pushed like crazy from the off. At first I thought I didn't have the pace to live with it, but in the end it seemed to just be warm up for the first lap. The gap went to 1.2/3, but a big fastest lap brought me well back in DRS and dropped Alex off behind. Set about saving back up the ERS, fairly comfortably, before the next SC.

Second restart was deja vu really. Wasn't too concerned when Connor initially gapped me that time, and just made sure I'd give myself a chance of the fastest lap and be there in his DRS when it mattered. Lost the FL by 0.02 in the end so devastating xD How it developed there after I knew I had the pace in hand over Connor ahead, and Clarky was a good arms length back, so we set about the big finale. I knew he potentially had a speeding penalty, but was uncertain whether it'd get removed so we went for it. Whenever I was P2 I knew I'd get the run when it mattered, it was just about making sure Clarky didn't make an opportunistic attack somewhere unconventional, which would be his best chance at a pass. I got the move made once on Connor before a bit of a bottle- got my head back down though and righted the wrong. Final lap showdown was great to be a part of, and fortunately I survived relatively unscathed to take the flag.

One of the most enjoyable races I've ever had, which is testament to the environment here and the people in the league. Throughout the race and quali I definitely got the pace showcased, in the end was really just about seizing the initiative to get that first win of the season. Race craft wise also I'm very happy, I think a bad attack/defence could've easily seen me spin myself or be picked off from behind.

GG everyone who came across me in the race- obviously Connor especially for the battling. Very nice way to head into the break, see you on the other side lads :D

Congrats on the win!

Drivers Involved: FTRL_Danny
- Round and Lap Number: Silverstone - lap 24
- Description and video:
Danny and I were side by side for a couple of corners in sector one and while I gave him a lot of space at turn 4 and 5, at least on my screen, I feel like he didnt gave me the same. Coming out of turn 5 I went so wide I even got a corner cut and after It looked like he hit me 2 times wich resulted me in the wall.

Drivers Involved: Me & Lee Mather
Lap: 9
Description and Video: Codemasters' inability to implement a pitlane speed limiter.

As seen in the video, I slowed down to 29mph and engaged the pit limiter well before pit entry in an attempt to comply with the pit lane speed limit of 37mph. The game decided to screw me and the pit limiter failed to do its job and allowed up to 38/39mph which in turn gave me a 5sec penalty demoting me from P2 to P6.

I feel that I did more than enough to ensure I didn't speed into the pitlane and on this occasion the game itself let me down and cost me a fair amount of points despite my care and due diligence. As such I'm requesting that my 5 second time penalty be removed.

Video evidence below:

First and foremost congrats to Ben on a deserved win. I really liked your decisiveness from pre-race onwards. Also kudos to Hasnain for getting an Alpha on the score sheet with a clean and steady race.

I really enjoyed the race, even though I utterly bottled it behind the SC. Just a total loss of concentration cruising behind the Safety Car. It wasn't the first time but hopefully the last. It didn't help that someone just sent a message to our PSN group the corner before. Anyways, dropped from P7 to last. The race wasn't over though, I was still on good tires but I made the wrong call with the last SC. Instead of pitting for softs, I continued on the used mediums. Every car behind me was on new softs and after the last restart I was struggling so hard trying to keep cars behind. Shame really, I feel like I had a very good low-drag race setup, and five laps before the end I only had one warning so the ingredients were still there. After nearly crashing at the exit of Beckets I spent the last 4-5 laps driving well enough to earn 6 warnings.

Lots of close racing, thanks everyone involved for clean and exciting battles. Side-by-side at some point with one car or another through Club, Brooklands, Luffield, Copse and Stowe. Doesn't get much better than that.

Highlights are pretty long for this one but I added time stamps at the end to help sort through anything of interest. I recommend watching the bottle.

00:00-01:52: Quali lap + results
01:53-04:05 First lap
04:06-05:14 Lap 5, overtake on iSuperScrub
05:15-05:43 HRacingGreen91 pits, SC comes out
05:44-06:23 Shellay and I pit, I jump HRacingGreen91
06:23-06:47 I think Ericsson hit us
07:04-08:02 First SC restart, S_vandeBrug tries to send it in Village, I overtake Hasnain into Brooklands
08:03-09:25 Lap-long battle with S_vandeBrug, side-by-side through Copse and Stowe
09:33-10:46 Almost crashing twice chasing Jarod, get by him after he almost spins
13:23-13:42 Raimith92 overtakes me through Village and The Loop
13:43-14:22 Jarod makes a move through the outside of Brooklands
14:23-15:29 Hanging on for dear life against HRacingGreen91
15:30-15:51 HRacingGreen91 takes the inside line into Brooklands, I try to hang on and we make small contact in Luffield
15:52-16:19 I try to get a run back at him, but lose it on the exit of Becketts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back