Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

This is not an enquiry per se, but there's a rule that has been violated in every race I've participated so far:

6.3 Chatting
To drive a proper race a certain amount of concentration is required. To make sure this concentration is not broken it is forbidden to text chat during qualification and race sessions. Only the staff may use the text chat to communicate important information to the drivers. There are no exceptions to this rule. Offenders will be penalized. Verbal communication via console party chat is voluntary and accepted. Chat must not be made in-game.

I leave my notifications on in case the admins need to communicate something, but instead it's been frustrated drivers sending messages mid-race that could've well waited until the race was over. In Silverstone it was a contributing factor to me losing concentration and spinning behind the SC. I hope it will be enforced better in the future.

Incident: @BigC_015 warning removal.

Outcome: No Further Action.
Connor went off on his own accord and wasn't forced off so the warning won't be removed.

Incident: @Mitchell Haverlag and @danny blake incident.

Outcome: 10s time penalty to Danny.
Although it looks like there is some lag involved, everyone is responsible for their own connection and from the footage provided Danny is at fault for this incident.

Incident: @NSX_Berreh and @Liam Stead

Outcome: 10s time penalty to @Liam Stead (to be applied at next race due to DNF).
It seems as though Liam was trying to cut across into the pit lane however they should've been more aware of drivers behind when doing so.

Incident: @Shly38 time penalty removal

Outcome: 5s time penalty removed.
Michael was below the limit with the limiter on before they accelerated and the time penalty wasn't served at a pit stop therefore the stewards agree to the removal of the 5s time penalty.

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Race Stream:
Host: Ben Goldie | CRG_DemoN
Backup Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282

S12 Pole: Dawid Wisniewski (1:15.493)

S12 Podium:
Dawid Wisneiwski
2. Mitchell Haverlag
3. Sjors van de Brug

S12 Fastest Lap: Paris Burrell (1:17.990)

Most Poles: Connor Mcdonagh (3)
Most Wins: Dawid Wisniewski (3)
Most Fastest Laps: Sjors van de Brug, Ben Goldie (2)

Drivers Standings (Top 3):
Dawid Wisniewski (Renault) - 115
2. Ben Goldie (Haas) - 112
3. Alex Gerasimenko - 92

Constructors Standings (Top 3):
Renault - 199
2. Haas - 192
3. Ferrari - 92

Pre Race Questions:
1. How do you rate the first half of your season
2. What are your ambitions for the rest of the season
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
4. Which driver(s) do you think will be the strongest in the remaining races?

Notified Absences:

Reserves:

8/10. Usually I find myself cut adrift in the first half so to be 3 points off top is decent. Definitely though there was potential to do a lot better, but pretty satisfied on the whole. Not too long until we get to Singapore for demonszn

More wins and the Championship. Not too bothered by the Championship but now we're here and firmly in the mix it'd be nice to secure it.

Chicane feels disgusting codemasters wtf have you done to it

Dawid and Connor should be strong for the next few, not really sure beyond singapore after how last season went down lol

5/10, average really, a few too many missed opportunities from my side and some shocking race pace

Depends on how the next 3 go, i am seriously bad at some of the last few tracks so, maybe anither race win would be nice

No idea what i would change because codies' model of this track is shocking

seriously surprised with Dawids consistency so if he can keep it up then he Ben and Connor will be the fastest 3 drivers, especially as Connor has already some race experience on the upcoming tracks

My poor quali form continues. This time I was over a second off the pace that I was doing in practice pre-race. I don't know what's up with that really. Maybe it's because I never get to drive the Alpha apart from the league races and the cockpit views have some variations. I don't know. Need to sort it out. Obviously it wasn't an easy session for anyone but this problem has been on-going.

Started in P10, happy to see some rain again. Made a few positions at the start and slotted in behind clarky_110. He overtook BigC_015 quickly and pulled away a big gap in a couple of corners. I felt like I had much more pace in hand and I thought Connor must have had some damage. I got a good run out of T11 and sent it up the inside on T12 and made it stick. I was surprised to see him fight back, but it turns out he didn't have damage after all. Maybe cold tires? I don't know.

After that I was just driving in queue behind Josh. Had some more pace in hand, as I think he did too, but overtaking was out of the question. At around half-way through the race I made a small mistake under braking and Shellay got by. Instead of trying to secure a decent point finish I was only thinking about how to progress higher up the field. Seeing that most drivers opted to wait for the track to dry out, I decided to roll the dice and do the opposite, even though Jeff said the rain was ending in 10 minutes - I don't have that much faith in his predictions. After the stop I hammered in the fastest lap, but just one or two laps later it started to dry up, so that was that.

On dry tires I had a tough time getting into rhythm. Simply put I was just too slow and cautious. When Connor caught me on the last lap(s), my defense was terrible. Misjudged the braking point twice and almost took him out both times. Worst wheel-to-wheel action from me all season, but I'll put it down to not racing a single race since the Silverstone event. Will do better next time.

1602588806372.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Race Stream:
Host: Ben Goldie | CRG_DemoN
Backup Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282

S12 Pole: Nicolas Giraud (1:43.008)

S12 Podium:
1. Connor Mcdonagh
2. Alex Gerasimenko
3. Dawid Wisniewski

S12 Fastest Lap: Luke Cage (1:45.954)

Most Poles: Alex Gerasimenko (4)