Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

What a bizarre race.

Started last, crossed the line in 2nd and stood on 9th after (initial) penalties.

I'd done a fair bit of wet weather practice so I was excited to see a proper downpour. I didn't have much confidence in my pace in dry conditions, so I figured I'd go all-in for the wet in terms of setup. Once again got off the line brilliantly, which in hindsight was a bad thing. Tapped the back of Alex K in turn 1 on the opening lap, even though I thought I was being very cautious. I think I was pretty unlucky to get my entire left end-plate smashed for that contact. There was a big moment with Danny in the S-corner, which almost ended in both of us crashing. He then completed the move through the outside in the penultimate corner, only to cut in front of me and dive into the pits. We made small contact but nothing serious. I do however wonder what was the point of the entire ordeal.

Managed to keep up with the pack with the broken wing until inters. Dropped behind Hasnain because of the nose change, and that's where I was stuck for the entire inter period of the race. Finally I managed to pass him - not sure if he let me through or just went a touch deep on the brakes. At the end of the same lap the SC came out, and I rolled the dice. I was the first to pit for mediums and the next two laps behind the SC turned out to be the trickiest of them all. Did all I could to catch the queue without damaging my tires or crashing, although I did go off the track 3 times in those 2 laps.

The strategy worked and when the SC went out I found myself jumping the entire field into a podium position. I thought it would be nigh-impossible to hang on there with the setup I was running, but did manage to do that and even jump a place into 2nd. Before that happened, though, Jarod was giving me heavy pressure - he seemed to be braking much later. I had to lift off the brakes into T1 to avoid a crash at one point, ran wide because of it and was penalized. I'm hoping that can be taken back by the stewards later. On the same lap into the hairpin he did actually hit me in the back, but I didn't lose much time there.

Once again it was a blast. Thanks guys! Congrats for my team mate Hasnain for a good result. Who knows if that even might turn into a podium after some post-race penalties!

Highlights:

1:44-2:11 Incident with Danny
5:07-5:13 You-go-I-Go with Dawidos
7:08-7:29 Jarod up my butt

sorry for being up your butt mate I just really like you.. haha

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Race Stream:
Host: Ben Goldie | CRG_DemoN
Backup Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282

S12 Pole: Ben Goldie (1:26.197)

S12 Podium:
Paris Burrell
2. Ben Goldie
3. Connor Mcdonagh

S12 Fastest Lap: Toni Sokolov (1:28.797)

Most Poles: Connor Mcdonagh (3)
Most Wins: Dawid Wisniewski (3)
Most Fastest Laps: Sjors van de Brug, Ben Goldie (2)

Drivers Standings (Top 3):
Dawid Wisniewski (Renault) - 109
2. Ben Goldie (Haas) - 87
3. Connor Mcdonagh (Renault) - 84

Constructors Standings (Top 3):
Renault - 193
2. Haas - 149
3. Ferrari - 80

Pre Race Questions:
1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
4. With the PS5 coming out soon, what has been your favourite game on the PS4?
5. What is your favourite Ice Cream?

Notified Absences:
- Daniel Newcombe (Harry will reserve)

Reserves:
- Harry Green

Last edited:
Canadian GP Results:
1. Ben Goldie - 7
2. Daniel Newcombe - 5
3. Hasnain Aslam - 4
4. Michael Fleming - 4
5. Alex Gerasimenko - 3
6. Jake Taylor - 2
7. Connor Mcdonagh - 2
8. Luke Cage - 1
9. Cian Geraghty - 0
= Dawid Wiśniewski - 0
= Martijn Boontje - 0

A low scoring round including 3 no scores but it's Ben who takes his first win of the season, with Dan in 2nd and Hasnain rounding out the podium on countback.
Here's how everyone predicted:
Predictions R6.png

Standings After Round 6:
1. Connor Mcdonagh - 45
2. Ben Goldie - 45
3. Cian Geraghty - 36
4. Dawid Wiśniewski - 32
5. Jake Taylor - 32
6. Daniel Newcombe - 31
7. Alex Gerasimenko - 26
8. Michael Fleming - 23
9. Hasnain Aslam - 23
10. Martijn Boontje - 20
11. Luke Cage - 9

Ben is now level on points with Connor who holds onto the lead on countback. Cian now 9 points behind the pair of them in 3rd.

Total Wins
1. Daniel Newcombe, Connor Mcdonagh - 2
2. Cian Geraghty, Ben Goldie - 1

Last edited:
Pace was poor (especially in that last stint) and just tried to stay out of trouble for most of it and managed to get it to the end at least, but still quite a way off the points.
Congrats to Dawid on the win, nice recovery from Clarky, also nice job by Jani who had some very good pace here and was nice to see Harry back racing with us also.

- Drivers Involved: Myself and Jarod

- Round and Lap Number: Austria, lap 25

- Description and video: Jarod was giving heavy pressure and seemed to be braking much later. Coming into T1 on lap 25, I noticed in my virtual mirror while braking that his closing speed was too much, and if I didn't go off the brakes we would have a crash. So, instead of trail braking I went completely off the brakes and drifted wide to avoid contact, which you can see in my brake telemetry. Because of that I got a 3 second time penalty. It being the last warning of the race for me, I'm petitioning to have it removed. The very next corner I didn't go off the brakes in the same manner and we made a bit of contact.

The incident
Race Director

Also, the position juggle with Dawidos, which resulted in him getting a time penalty, can be seen from my POV here.

Incident: @Dawidos 5s penalty under VSC

Outcome: The stewards agree to remove the 5s penalty.

Incident: @clarky_110 and @F4H_Jake lap 1 incident

Outcome: 10s time penalty to @F4H_Jake for causing a collision and failing to wait.

Incident: @clarky_110 and @alex1994128 battle

Outcome: Warning to @alex1994128 for the late move in the 2nd clip.

Incident: @janbo warning removal

Outcome: No Further Action. Janbo went off on his own accord so the warning will not be removed.

Quali was poor but a good lap wouldn't have made much difference. Didn't really do much in the race, made the wrong decision at the first safety car but I guess it meant I could just stay out of trouble at the back for the ones after. Managed to bring it home in P9 which became P4 after all the penalties, which as it turns out is my best ever RD result!
Of course I'd prefer to have a result like that on pace alone but I did have to be there to pick up the pieces and with the pace I have this season I'll take it however it comes.
Congrats to Dawid on his 3rd win of the season and to Jarod on his first ever RD podium and well done to Alex on his podium.

9/10. Bottled quali and made a bad start but then made overtakes, had good pace and made the right strat call.
Might as well let my nan race for me and she'd still do a better job at Britain.
Install sprinklers in every corner so I can have some hopes of doing well.
Black Ops 3
Magnum's and Cornetto's.

Last edited:
8/10. Didn't expect much from Austria so I'm happy with whatever I got. Again I had a few bad laps were I racked up 3 warnings per lap, I need to get rid of that if I want a good result. Gamble with the tires saved my race.
Pretty similarly to Austria. Driving around Silverstone feels good but I'm missing around half a second of raw pace in order to be competitive. Hoping for some English weather.
Probably the last sector. Somehow it interrupts the flow of the track.
Dirt Rally & Dirt Rally 2.0
Aino Ihana Maitosuklaa (godly chocolate ice cream).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 15.4%