Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

1. 7/10, apart from the last chicane i did what i could, but i lacked a lot of race pace so i was lucky to get away with that
2. i am a notorious Austria merchant so i hope to be up there again
3. the last croner could be made better with the inside kerb
4. good to still have him in F1, with a better and calmer environment he should also perform ebtter and a good feeling Seb is still a weapon

Incident: @BigC_015 time penalties under Virtual Safety Car.

Connor received two 5 second penalties under VSC, 1 for ignoring yellow flags and 1 for a severe collision and because it is bugged, the game doubles these if they are unserved at the finish line.

Footage:

Race Director:
1600189711367.png
1600189727089.png

Outcome: The footage shows that neither of the penalties were his fault therefore the 20s of penalties have been removed from his race time.

Template for Reports
- Drivers Involved: Myself and @janbo
- Round and Lap Number: Austria, Lap 19
- Description and video: I came out of the pits in front of Janbonator in P7, then he accelerated and overtook me so he decided to let me back past (probably got told to let me through by the game) and I got the notification to let him back through, didn't do it because of the SC overtaking glitch that's out and we would've just been letting each other past constantly so I stuck in front where my original place was after coming out of the pits.
Enquiry is obvs to get the bs 5 seconds removed.:whistling:
1:02

Last edited:
Template for Reports
- Drivers Involved: Myself and @janbo
- Round and Lap Number: Austria, Lap 19
- Description and video: I came out of the pits in front of Janbonator in P7, then he accelerated and overtook me so he decided to let me back past (probably got told to let me through by the game) and I got the notification to let him back through, didn't do it because of the SC overtaking glitch that's out and we would've just been letting each other past constantly so I stuck in front where my original place was after coming out of the pits.

1:02

That's exactly what happened. I don't know who was in front after the pit exit, I only saw an arrow to the right, so I was accelerating not knowing if I was ahead or not. The game then told me to hand over the position, which I did.

Lap 1 turn 1- taken out bake @F4H_Jake which resulted me dropping to back of the grid.

next clips - @alex1994128 defence was a bit too much in my opinion,waiting for me to choose a side then swiping across me. I nearly lost my front wing on both occasions. The first one was on the limit but the second one was verstappen v Räikkönen esq.

my view.

Overestimated the braking zone due to wet conditions, locked up went into the back of Clarky. My apologies @clarky_110 :(

Q: P2

Couldn't have gone much better really on a slightly modified setup for the rain. Took the final sector cautious to not invalidate, would've had to have pushed it to the limit for a chance at pole so P2 very comfy.

R: P7 (likely P6)

Start was decent. Settled in relatively quickly, albeit connor was very impressive lap one at getting into the rhythm. After that I gradually closed up on him, a tenth or two a lap, before I very unusual spin dropped me near the back. The corner was done and I was barely on the curb, not even particularly aggressive. Has happened once or twice before on this game with the way the setups are, just the risk you run I suppose.

Inters came and my god my pace was glorious. I gained a couple of seconds to clarky, who seemed to be the next quickest person on track. Then the safety car... I wanted to get back into the race, so took the gamble to stay out seeing I'd be P3, rather than about dead last on dries. Unfortunately it wasn't a gamble worth taking in the end. Another price to pay for being out of position and taking a chance on a quick fix.

Dry stint was annoying. Had great pace but got jumped in the pits and had no way of using it. Just had to sit on jake/toni's gearbox not using ERS.

The next few safety cars brought me back in it- I struggled to make any impression as the people directly ahead had fresh tyres too, but 1 penalty was enough to make *some* improvements at the end, and I secured the fastest lap with a nice move around the outside of the penultimate corner on the last lap.

Definitely another missed chance as the pace was surprisingly incredible, but I still enjoyed myself so won't be moaning about it. Championship would be nice, but really enjoying this season for the racing and the environment, so genuinely not even that bothered whenever things don't go to plan.

That being said, silverstone definitely marks my best chance of the season so far, so I'll definitely hope to put the race together better and aim for that first win of the season.

Congrats in particular to Jarod and Hasnain. Great results and it's very refreshing to see you guys get up the order when you had the chance.

See you next week bois

That's exactly what happened. I don't know who was in front after the pit exit, I only saw an arrow to the right, so I was accelerating not knowing if I was ahead or not. The game then told me to hand over the position, which I did.
I knew that you'd get told to hand me the position lol. I was in front after I came out of the pits by a tiny bit but decided to just go in front regardless of whether I was or wasn't in front after coming out of the pits to not make more mess for the guys behind

Quali - 6th. Was low af on practice and couldn't put a lap together to save my life.

Race - 4th for now, 1st once pen's hopefully removed.
Got ****ed off in T1 by Alex who got hit by someone else and then it was just a prime Big Sam comeback anchored by Jozy Altidore. Did things right, changed tyres at the right time, avoided pens for cutting and got lucky af since everyone of similar pace like Connor, Josh, Ben and Jake was towards end of the grid and the closest one on pace on track to be Alex G who got bullied after switch to dries by everyone lol. 8th end of lap 1. 1st by lap 25.
Big GG's as well to Jarod, Hasnain and Alex K for being high up at the end of the race and being in the mix as well. Danny you're ****, can't even blame your internet today g.

See you in Britain where hopefully I'll have a banging scrap for P15 with @HRacingGreen.

Last edited:
What a bizarre race.

Started last, crossed the line in 2nd and stood on 9th after (initial) penalties.

I'd done a fair bit of wet weather practice so I was excited to see a proper downpour. I didn't have much confidence in my pace in dry conditions, so I figured I'd go all-in for the wet in terms of setup. Once again got off the line brilliantly, which in hindsight was a bad thing. Tapped the back of Alex K in turn 1 on the opening lap, even though I thought I was being very cautious. I think I was pretty unlucky to get my entire left end-plate smashed for that contact. There was a big moment with Danny in the S-corner, which almost ended in both of us crashing. He then completed the move through the outside in the penultimate corner, only to cut in front of me and dive into the pits. We made small contact but nothing serious. I do however wonder what was the point of the entire ordeal.

Managed to keep up with the pack with the broken wing until inters. Dropped behind Hasnain because of the nose change, and that's where I was stuck for the entire inter period of the race. Finally I managed to pass him - not sure if he let me through or just went a touch deep on the brakes. At the end of the same lap the SC came out, and I rolled the dice. I was the first to pit for mediums and the next two laps behind the SC turned out to be the trickiest of them all. Did all I could to catch the queue without damaging my tires or crashing, although I did go off the track 3 times in those 2 laps.

The strategy worked and when the SC went out I found myself jumping the entire field into a podium position. I thought it would be nigh-impossible to hang on there with the setup I was running, but did manage to do that and even jump a place into 2nd. Before that happened, though, Jarod was giving me heavy pressure - he seemed to be braking much later. I had to lift off the brakes into T1 to avoid a crash at one point, ran wide because of it and was penalized. I'm hoping that can be taken back by the stewards later. On the same lap into the hairpin he did actually hit me in the back, but I didn't lose much time there.

Once again it was a blast. Thanks guys! Congrats for my team mate Hasnain for a good result. Who knows if that even might turn into a podium after some post-race penalties!

Highlights:

1:44-2:11 Incident with Danny
5:07-5:13 You-go-I-Go with Dawidos
7:08-7:29 Jarod up my butt

Tough race, did everything perfect until the first SC but was handed a lifeline afterwards.

Sorry to Will for smashing into his rear, the soft v medium (dry setup v wet setup) caught me out, more loss for me as I had no penalties and thus looking at Jake‘s finishing position, a top 5 was likely and a decent recovery.

A long season anyway and I’ve shown to be the fastest at basically every track in the dry when it comes to race pace besides maybe Zandvoort and Canada, which was a bit hard to read but even then there were easy podiums on the table.

Congrats to maaaa amazing teammate Dawid on the win, simply perfect so far and Hasnain on a deserved result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%