RD MINI Challenge 2020

That was great fun guys, a welcome return for the Minis and a great way to start my first RD league for... a while!

Had amazingly close battles with @Davy Vandevenne all the way to the halfway point. I had to chuckle when you pitted a lap before me, and when I came out of the pits myself you were literally in the exact same spot 0.5secs behind me as you were going in! :p You gave me a break for fifteen minutes or so, and then it was another close battle for the last ten minutes in which you finally prevailed. Really great stuff mate, cracking good racing! :cool:

See you next week guys!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replay upload @Goffik and @Chris Down ! Ha now I can see who took me out in Ross' mirrors on lap 1 (as I was chasing him up until that point) :unsure: ...just glad I managed to claw my way back up somehow.

So I haven't used AC in awhile and I thought I had all the buttons mapped correctly...I was trying to mute the voice chat in discord as there was quite a bit of talking for most of the race, turns out that button is also mapped to change my camera in AC, ended up in chase cam just before the uphill right :O_o::O_o::O_o::O_o:!!! I drove the rest of the lap in that view, I'm surprised I only lost 1 second to Ben Keough who was keeping up with me.

Great race overall though, looking forward to the remaining rounds!

Last edited:
Is it still up? I can't see it...
Yep, it seems to be still running.

1602281251137.png

@Erik Axelsson @Samuel Fuller What an amazing gaggle we had! Hats off to both of you! It could have been any of us up front, brilliant racing. :notworthy:

Gosh I was missing the Minis... a LOT! Congrats to @Benutzername and @Chris Down for the top spots, too bad for @Ross McGregor missing out on points.

Yea, that was awsome! It's a miracle I got through without any major incidents since it was pretty much 60 mins of battles for me.

I wondered what happened to you after the pit stop until you suddenly showed up in my mirror again.

Last laps was crazy. I don't think you realise how close I was to take you out in the last corner. Thank God that didn't happen... :whistling:

Thanks @Bram Hengeveld for organizing. I look forward to next week!

Here's my VR onboard. Roll on next week!

Chris, what apps are you running? I recognise HelioCorsa (which I'll be installing as wel as CC), but what are the others?

Was a lot of fun last night, especially once I'd realised I'd signed up for my first 'eSports' race :cool::sick: really looking forward to the next Friday (and Monday for the Rookie's race).

The race really drummed home how important consistency is. I could have had a far better finish if, instead of coming off x 2(x3?) I simply sacrificed a place or a 10th, rather than push myself a little too hard.

It also drummed home 'Pressure'; sonofabitch it gets tense, and I need more exposure and experience of that to get used to it.

Lowlight; binning it at the last turn on L3; sorry to all involved in that one.
Highlight: in 14th and closing a gap of 14 seconds to catch 13th; didn't really have the stones to challenge for 13th so was happy to follow you in, rather than risk anything on the last lap.

Chris, what apps are you running? I recognise HelioCorsa (which I'll be installing as wel as CC), but what are the others?

Hey!

On the left:
  • RSR Live Timing (just for hotlapping, really, not useful during a race)
  • FFBClip
  • Stock realtime app
In the middle:
  • Sidekick
  • Helicorsa
On the right:
  • Substanding in global mode (in addition to realtime since it gives more of a feel for race position, rather than track position)
  • Stock tyres app

Somehow I'm way off pace at Okayama... Any baseline setup tips for the car, without spoiling a secret recipe of yours? :whistling: Sadly, I've never been good at the mechanic stuff. :D

Somehow I'm way off pace at Okayama... Any baseline setup tips for the car, without spoiling a secret recipe of yours? :whistling: Sadly, I've never been good at the mechanic stuff. :D

Not sure what the pace is looking like for Friday, but in the default setup I'm now able to challenge AI at 100% for podiums; and I can still see room to improve.

I don't normally look at setups until I can match/beat the AI at 100%...and even then, I'm not particularly good at setups.

For what it's worth, imo the default should be good for (at least) 1:41:xx, even if I'm not. I don't know if this helps, but the track is WAY MORE technical than I thought; between youtube-guides and hours of laps I've gone from hating the track to it being one of my favourites.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back