RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT!

The server update process has now been successfully completed, and all servers are available once again for testing and training.

Please remember to update your rFactor 2 client installation (verify that this has been automatically performed by Steam, or manually start the update process yourself if you have turned off the option to automatically install updates or if you are using DX11) before attempting to enter the server.

Those who are using DX9 will typically be updated automatically, if the option is enabled. In this case the 'None - Opt out of all beta programs' option must be selected under the 'Betas' tab of the 'Properties' menu.

Those who are using DX11 will need to manually force by the update by switching from 'v1108-DX11-open-beta' to 'v1109-DX11-open-beta' under the 'Betas' tab of the 'Properties' menu.

Those who have selected an alternative beta will need to switch from their current option to either 'None - Opt out of all beta programs' (for DX9) or 'v1109-DX11-open-beta' (for DX11) under the 'Betas' tab of the 'Properties' menu in order to be able to access the servers.

The 'Properties' menu can be accessed by right-clicking on the game in your Steam library.

@Daiman Patel Any Infos why you are updating? I have done that too but concerning the change log there isn't something special we/you can benefit from.
The reason why we are updating the servers is because most clients will be automatically updated by Steam, a number of players will be acquiring the new GT3 Power Pack which relies of the update, and also many other online communities will also be updating their servers; therefore this option is primarily for the benefit of our members who play rFactor 2, so that they do not have to continually switch between builds. There is currently no argument or reason not to update, even if there is nothing obvious from which we can benefit for the league, so we might as well keep our installs up to date. And if there are any issues that surface over the coming weeks then we can revert back to v1108. Given that you have updated anyway this should not be a problem.

@Daiman Patel Any Infos why you are updating?
If you don't experiment with beta builds, your rF2 will update to v1109 automaticly.

edit: Nija'd. :ninja: :barefoot:
Yeh, what he said! :p If we don't update the servers then people will ask us why we are not updating the servers, followed by more questions about how to switch between builds, etc. By updating the servers and using the latest version of the game we are making things simpler for everyone and reducing the possibility of confusion by not forcing players to switch to an older build before logging in to an RDLMS server.

Done!

The Irland storm brought exceptional good weather for this time of year to Belgium. :) So I'm working in the garden as much as i can. Tomorrow the good weather will be over. :cry:
Fantastic, thank you very much! :D Mr. @Sweet Thunder will be elated! :laugh:

HAHAHA, so basically what you are saying is that Belgium is basking in glorious sunshine while the UK is being battered by heavy winds and rain... well I suppose you need it at some point! :roflmao: Enjoy the last of the decent weather, and your time in the garden! :cool:

Last edited:
Is the killer curb still present at the Sebring v2.02? I thought (hoped) it was fixed already.
Yes, I can confirm that this issue is unfortunately still present. :unsure: I was going to send you a message about this later - I'm currently at the office, and I have a few exams this week so I need to cram in some last minute revision - but now you have seen the report for yourself. :D Would it be possible for you to look at adjusting the ground level please, as you did for Le Mans? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

This is a reminder for all teams to submit any new and updated livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 6. The instructions for creating and submitting your custom livery can be found here. New entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). If you choose to revise your livery design then we also ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps". If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you shall be asked to make appropriate amendments and will need to resubmit your skin files for Round 6. Any files that have been sent already will be processed as soon as possible.

The submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the final version of the custom car / skin pack (v6.0) is at 23:59 GMT on Friday 27th October, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 28th October, 3 weeks prior to the sixth and final race of the season. The deadline has been moved forward by one week because I will be away between Friday 3rd November and Wednesday 8th November, during which time the updated resources would usually be released. By making this announcement now I hope to give teams sufficient notice and time to make preparations in advance. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause / has caused.

IMPORTANT!

This is a reminder for all teams to submit any new and updated livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 6. The instructions for creating and submitting your custom livery can be found here. New entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). If you choose to revise your livery design then we also ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps". If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you shall be asked to make appropriate amendments and will need to resubmit your skin files for Round 6. Any files that have been sent already will be processed as soon as possible.

The submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the final version of the custom car / skin pack (v6.0) is at 23:59 GMT on Friday 27th October, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 28th October, 3 weeks prior to the sixth and final race of the season. The deadline has been moved forward by one week because I will be away between Friday 3rd November and Wednesday 8th November, during which time the updated resources would usually be released. By making this announcement now I hope to give teams sufficient notice and time to make preparations in advance. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause / has caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes