RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We shall try our best to rectify and improve the curbs before the final, custom version of the track is released in the next fortnight.
not sure what the curb of death is? it used to be the first curb after the first corner.
I have noticed in testing that if i hit certain parts of curbs such as the S curbs (after turn 2) i get some minimal damage. If i hit a stake in the ground, i also get damage. not sure if this can be rectified?
i tried different ride heights but still got damage

I've found curb of death to be the very beginning point of the outer curb on T1. If you wash out wide and hit the curb "front on" the booooom! Day over.

Other than that the wide curb on the final corner before the back straight (the second last corner of the lap), that has a bit of a suction effect if you are quite wide onto the strip, causing the car to pull off the track and go lawn mowing into the field.. which is just desserts I suppose for over cooking the corner slightly, but maybe worth a little look?

not sure what the curb of death is? it used to be the first curb after the first corner.
I have noticed in testing that if i hit certain parts of curbs such as the S curbs (after turn 2) i get some minimal damage. If i hit a stake in the ground, i also get damage. not sure if this can be rectified?
i tried different ride heights but still got damage
The "curb of death" is, as you have guessed, at the outside of the first corner. This was a priority to resolve, and a fix, which will be available when the custom version of the track is released, has now been applied.

As for the problems with the "S" curbs and the "stake in the ground", we will investigate. If you could please provide screenshots indicating where specifically you have experienced issues it would be a great help, and they shall allow us to determine where exactly fixes may need to be applied.

I've found curb of death to be the very beginning point of the outer curb on T1. If you wash out wide and hit the curb "front on" the booooom! Day over.
Indeed, the first corner curb has been a long standing problem at Sebring, at least since the track was introduced for rFactor 2, and it has claimed many a victim over the years in both club races and other leagues! This will definitely be fixed when the custom version of the track is released!

Other than that the wide curb on the final corner before the back straight (the second last corner of the lap), that has a bit of a suction effect if you are quite wide onto the strip, causing the car to pull off the track and go lawn mowing into the field.. which is just desserts I suppose for over cooking the corner slightly, but maybe worth a little look?
Ah yes, another classic curb at Sebring! I'm not sure if it will be possible to fix the "suction" issue, but we shall at least take a look.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback - it is much appreciated! :)

EDIT: Ninja'd big time by @Gijs van Elderen! :ninja: Damn it! :roflmao:

Team name: Corkscrew Team Satellite
Team owner*: Cameron Sansano
Team owner forum name*: @Cameron Sansano
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Alexander Jones, @bigcatfish80
Driver 2*: Zack Roberts, @Mongoose75
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES*
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

*Zack Roberts (@Mongoose75) would get premium membership if [somehow] the entry is accepted. :p

Team name: Corkscrew Team Satellite
Team owner*: Cameron Sansano
Team owner forum name*: @Cameron Sansano
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Alexander Jones, @bigcatfish80
Driver 2*: Zack Roberts, @Mongoose75
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES*
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

*Zack Roberts (@Mongoose75) would get premium membership if [somehow] the entry is accepted. :p
You'll be glad to hear that your entry has been accepted as there shall be a space available on the grid! :thumbsup: I shall send through the official confirmation, including your license and start number, right away! :) I have also removed @bigcatfish80 from the #27 Deltec Racing Team driver line-up.

HAHAHAHA! Thank you very much mate! I think that I will spend my time trying to catch up on some much needed sleep, as well as other games and a few TV series! :laugh:

That would be Sod's law! :p
Hi.well I may have been mistaken. The damage is certainly from hitting the posts e.g near pit exit but more importantly. ..the posts on the left and right before the final straight . Can this be rectified? They look like flimsy traffic cones but maybe they're meant to be heavy duty ?!

Ah yes, another classic curb at Sebring! I'm not sure if it will be possible to fix the "suction" issue, but we shall at least take a look.
That is in enduracers really, not much you can do to help afaik. Raising ride height and using insane high packers help it, but it is a physics issue. Happened on all tracks when using the grass.

As for the problems with the "S" curbs and the "stake in the ground", we will investigate. If you could please provide screenshots indicating where specifically you have experienced issues it would be a great help, and they shall allow us to determine where exactly fixes may need to be applied.
I've been getting this as well, but it isn't really damage, ever since some updates ago on the beta I've been getting this slight damage warning. Just found out it increases drag minimally. Can't be repaired on pits as well.

My guess is that it must have something to do with the new damage model (scratches).

Hi.well I may have been mistaken. The damage is certainly from hitting the posts e.g near pit exit but more importantly. ..the posts on the left and right before the final straight . Can this be rectified? They look like flimsy traffic cones but maybe they're meant to be heavy duty ?!
Thank you for the clarification and details Andrew. :thumbsup: We shall investigate, and look to see what we can do to prevent these posts from inflicting damage. Just to confirm, are the posts alongside the pit exit lane also causing damage upon collision, or is it just those immediately before the final straight?

@Gijs van Elderen, would you please be able to take a look at the posts (I believe they are at Le Mans Curve, on the left prior to the penultimate corner, and on the right at the apex of this corner) before the Ulmann Straight? :rolleyes:

That is in enduracers really, not much you can do to help afaik. Raising ride height and using insane high packers help it, but it is a physics issue. Happened on all tracks when using the grass.
I have seen this behaviour exhibited by other cars as well, not just those in the Endurance Series mod, but I think you are right about the problem being physics related.

I've been getting this as well, but it isn't really damage, ever since some updates ago on the beta I've been getting this slight damage warning. Just found out it increases drag minimally. Can't be repaired on pits as well.
Right, OK - thank you for the information. :) Hopefully raising the ground level a little will prevent this from occurring.

My guess is that it must have something to do with the new damage model (scratches).
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the new damage model not only apply to cars that have also been appropriately updated (e.g. the GT3 Power Pack cars, which are the only cars to fully utilise the model at the time of writing I believe)? Also the new model is supposed to be visual only, and should not affect performance in any way as far as I'm aware.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the new damage model not only apply to cars that have also been appropriately updated (e.g. the GT3 Power Pack cars, which are the only cars to fully utilise the model at the time of writing I believe)? Also the new model is supposed to be visual only, and should not affect performance in any way as far as I'm aware.
Visually only to cars that have the contact shaders. As I said if there is any performance effect as a result of the "damage" it has been negligible imo. Although I think in longer straights there will be a really small difference. Same as you'd get after repairing a car after they reduced significantly the drag penalty in a patch.

About the grass issues ground level should help as well. URD LMP2 also had this iirc and the IndyCar as well, but not as noticeable as enduracers.

What about making the cones non collideable. It is not like we are supposed to hit them anyway.

Visually only to cars that have the contact shaders.
Indeed, that's what I mean - only cars with the new shaders, etc. will exhibit visual damage owning to the update, but no cars will be physically affected (performance-wise, handling-wise, or in any other way) by the changes to the damage model as far as I'm aware.

As I said if there is any performance effect as a result of the "damage" it has been negligible imo. Although I think in longer straights there will be a really small difference. Same as you'd get after repairing a car after they reduced significantly the drag penalty in a patch.
Right, OK - so the car must be making contact with something to cause some minor damage, but whatever it is cannot be related to the updated damage model since the effect is only visual, therefore I expect this was also happening before the game update was released. As you have said, this is the classic case of a car sustaining seemingly insignificant damage, which may not even be indicated by the 'vehicle status' display, and experiencing a minor loss in top-speed and maybe also acceleration - this is incredibly frustrating!

About the grass issues ground level should help as well. URD LMP2 also had this iirc and the IndyCar as well, but not as noticeable as enduracers.
We shall check how the behaviour changes (if indeed it does) once the modifications have been made to the track. Hopefully the effect can be alleviated, even if it is only by a small amount.

What about making the cones non collideable. It is not like we are supposed to hit them anyway.
That is a possibility. We will either do this, or remove the posts / cones entirely as they are not strictly necessary.

It is a great reference point for turning imo. Also helps to see where are the track limits there.
You make a very good point, and in actual fact it crossed my mind as well after posting my previous response. :laugh: We shall therefore look at making the posts / cones non-collidable instead of removing them entirely. :thumbsup:

Making them non collidable sounds good to me. Unless somebody else has an issue with it.
Darn, you beat me to it again! :giggle: I was going to send you a message about it this morning, but you have already seen Matheus' post now! :p Making the posts / cones non-collidable sounds good to me as well! ;)

If i don’t remove them somebody else will in the first 2 laps of the race. :D
HAHAHAHA! I was thinking exactly the same thing! :roflmao:

RD_Sebring v1.10 is in the RD Workshop for offline testing:

Things done:
- DX11 Update By MonSum: Public version will come soon, don't share the RD Sebring version.
- T1 Killer curb fixed.
- Pit exit posts and T16 post are non-collidable

Any issues please report ASAP.

Edit: If some wants to take a nice screenshot for the loadingscreen. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks