RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 4 Qualifying Results
4_qualy.jpg

Round 4 Race Results
4_race.jpg

I leave Brasilia with good feelings, when apart from the training, you have a great setup, you enjoy games like AMS or rFactor2, if not, you are sold.
Great QF and race, until going third on lap 39 to enter the pits at 71 km / h and take a well deserved Drive Through .. only my fault.
Congratulations to my mate "Anchoainiou Navarro", great race friend! I'm very happy to see that pilot # 10 did not manage to bend you.
Congratulations to all the pilots and especially to those who, even with problems, were able to reach the finish line.

See you in the last race, Carlos.

Well done to the top three and a good result for the main RiP team with all the cars in the top ten :)

I really just wanted to try and get a solid finish, although that didn't happen I did get to the end and score some points so that was something.

I spent most of Thursday afternoon practicing on the server and then did some quick races against AI to practice stops and get a feel for the track and where to try and pass (If I got chance!)

I was in the 45's mostly (with the occasional 44's) and although that didn't look great I only did running with nearly full tanks so I knew some pace was in hand once I took the fuel out.

The team kindly shared their setup with me during official practice, the setup was largely the same as mine although the route we went on aero levels was the complete opposite to one another! :) In discussion in seems there wasn't necessarily a wrong way of doing it, one method was just kinder on tyres compared to the other.

Start was ok and I managed to avoid the confusion in the first few laps, couple of cars in the middle of the road but I managed to avoid any contact.

I was up to 17th and just keeping pace with Steve in front of me when I got my right side tyres in the dirt under braking, thought I'd caught it but the car the went round and I found myself on the outside kerb.

I was rolling back but someone caught my front wing, apologies to who that was, not deliberate and I was trying to move out the way at the time.

So I pitted, fixed the damage, changed the tyres and carried on the best I could. As I was out of sequence the pit stop had filled the tank so I was stuck in the high 45's and 46's for the rest of the race (every time I stopped it filled the tank). So although I could make some impression when others started to suffer tyre wear, once I was being caught by leaders my race was effectively finished.

An enjoyable track and good fun whilst it lasted. I think I could have finished maybe 14th or 15th without the dramas but that's about as high as I my pace would allow.

I did go overboard on backing off for leaders but that was just because with the load cell pedals I tend to brake much earlier than some of you and the last thing I was want is one of you crashing into the back of me.

Oulton Park will be interesting. Being an old style British circuit, it's narrow and doesn't allow much room for passing, although it is entertaining to drive. We'll see how that goes... :)

Round Number: Round Four - Oulton Park
Reason: Work Requirements
Name of Substitute Driver: @Daniel Monteiro

I'm afraid I have work commitments that mean I will not be finishing till around 10 or 11pm. Did try and work around it but looks like I can't, would much rather be racing!

Double wammy as it also means I'll be working all day and missing most of the Rolex 24 :(

Last edited:
Name of Substitute Driver: (In the process of messaging a potential stand in today).

I'm afraid I have work commitments that mean I will not be finishing till around 10 or 11pm. Did try and work around it but looks like I can't, would much rather be racing!

Double wammy as it also means I'll be working all day and missing most of the Rolex 24 :(

Currently contacting a few drivers to see who wants to stand in for me, will update in a few hours.
Thats a shame Andrew! There's always next season ;)

Name of Substitute Driver: (In the process of messaging a potential stand in today).

Currently contacting a few drivers to see who wants to stand in for me, will update in a few hours.

Interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back