RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have some cool heads, gents? :)

It's easy to get caught up the heat of the action and feel that we've had all manner of things done against us.

Being a little frustrated is fine but accusing someone of cheating is not.

We have a set of rules which we are all meant to follow. If you feel some one has breached them after having some time to get over the adrenaline and watched the replay then follow the appropriate steps.

Finger pointing and mudslinging does not help incidents get fairly resolved and creates bad blood.

I'm pretty sure @CMGARAGE would tell you he and my Dad were battling for most of the race. Just because someone isn't nose to tail with another driver doesn't mean they aren't pushing their hardest to try and close down a gap!

David may of been referring an incident in the race later on, in which case Steve was a fair way back from me due to a couple of spins at that point.

I will wholeheartedly say that earlier, while we were racing at the back, Steve conceded to blue flags amply and much to his own detriment as he was quicker than me but would have to drop back for blue flags and then claw back the gap. This happened several times.

Anyone that's raced with him, as an ever-present at Club races, can vouch for his sportmanship and good nature. :)

Was able to join 6 mins left in Warmup and starting from the back. Only for the game to freeze and crash with 10 laps to go while I as in P9 or something. Oh the emotions...

A valiant effort, Tero.

gentlemen pilots, I'm sorry if I managed people tonight on the track, I was really out of the box, with errors on mistakes, really a nightmarish night, congratulations to those who have finished ... just a little opinion on the post of ferdinand lechner, steve is really a good guy and I can not imagine a strategy on his part;)

Well done for sticking with it, regardless :thumbsup: Hopefully you'll get all the luck next time.

Frustrating event for me.

I knew I would be near the back. Got faster every time I went out but just not good enough against you guys.

Race start was ok, no real dramas apart from one moment when there was so much smoke I couldn't see anything. I then caught the kerb on the 2nd lap and did a 360.

I just wanted to get a finish but I had a quick spin again later on and I was blocking the track. I was seriously worried about collecting the leading group. Managed to move out of the leader's way but with such a close group behind I decided to drop out rather than try turning and collecting someone.

I was stuck solid in the 30's which just wasn't fast enough around here.

I enjoy leagues on RD but it's mentally hammering when you race the AI on 110% and do well, and then race in the league and you're nowhere! Lol

Many thanks to my fellow team mates for their support and setup help. Sorry I let you down.

Roll on the next one....

Can't blame you for your decision Andrew. There's some incredibly fast driver's in this league. Don't be too disheartened. Even at 120% the AI is slower than most of the front runners. :alien:

You've always got the fact you have the sexiest livery to fall back on. :inlove:

You're right, but this was approximately 103 minutes (including the formation lap)... Should have been around 63 laps to match the 90 minutes (for Ferdinand, and 60 for us midfielders :D). Even though my reading skills played a significant role in the confusion, it might be more clean to just put the lapcount there, or reverse the order of info. :notworthy:
To be honest with you, for most of the tracks I ran AI for 90 minutes to see what they could do. This was before they took tire wear into factor, so I assume they werent getting any slower. Either way, only 10 minutes longer never hurt anyone, I did say Approximately ;):p

As with what Matt is saying, let's have cool heads gentlemen. We all knew this was going to be the Monaco of our season, so lets look forward to the final two rounds!

Have a good holiday guys and we shall see you after the break! If I get no reports, results will be up tonight/later today :)

There are a handful of drivers that I trust and respect more than average after having good experiences driving with them. Both Ferdinand and Steve are high on that list. There may have been some mistakes made, but I doubt anything more than that.

After all, I wasn't trying to be a problem on track. I just couldn't control the darn car. I look forward to racing with you all again next month.

I'm on P7 and you P8, you just left the pits with new wheels. I have another strategy different from yours, that's why I'm fighting the position with you, and although I wear worn wheels I do not have to give up my place because you insinuate or want to pass over like a "Panzer" during those three laps we fought. Win it, but not in the way you did in Hockenheim or in Goinia, because if for your aggressive actions, some of us end up against the wall or off track, what's the point? Yesterday, you came back to take me one more time. It is a pity that when mistakes are made, the fault lies with the other driver.

I had a lot of fun until the engine said enough, the funny thing is that it had 92º of engine temperature and it should not have happened, in the workouts that I did not happen at any time, but who knows if it had to see the kiss that takes me in the rear of the car on lap 38. But it's just my opinion. ;):)

As for the third race, a circuit chosen perfectly, difficult as none and in which you can not make a different movement or end up in the pits.
Amazing to see circuit after circuit as the four aliens bend you, masters, my congratulations.
Once again, thank the organizers of the championship.:);)

Well first of all i don't recall anyone ending up in the wall because of my fault completely(not really sure on that..maybe i don't remember correctly but i always try to stay as clean as possible)....for this incendent i am not saying that it isn't my fault....i should have braked earlier just in case but i didn't think you would brake that much earlier than me....even though i brake almost instantly as soon as i realized you already started braking i couldn't change my line at all and thus the collision....what i was saying from the beggining is not that you don't defend your position...of course you will do that , i would as well....but i was faster and 2 times you use me as a turning help(if that makes sense :p) because you were on the inside...at least that was what i saw....again i'm not saying that the collision was your fault....i guess things like this happen in racing...i should work on my patience a bit more :p .... as for your engine problem don't just look at the temperature...think about the engine wear as well...exactly the same thing happened to me in hockenheim and i though the fault was that i was running my radiatior on 4 but i am almost positive that it was my aggresive downshifting and running the gears to the limiter...i had a bit of a problem in this race as well but i managed it by shifting a bit earlier....do a bit more testing on that and try running a higher radiatior size :) :)

Round 3 Qualifying Results
3_qualy.jpg

Round 3 Race Results
3_race.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Joseph. :)

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Christmas break and comes back re-energised.

It's been great going up against some of the best talents AMS has to offer (even if that means I finish 3 laps down on the leader!).

:thumbsup:

hello gentlemen pilots!!!!!!, Soon the fourth round, for that, you have to be fit, so I wish you a happy new year and good health at all and long life racedepartment.:thumbsup:
Olivier Louis:)

Having to pull out of Round 4 - a close family members birthday party, so I won't be able to attend. I have no one to take my place, however I hope this won't be an issue - one of the reserves can take my spot for this round if there are any :)

Having to pull out of Round 4 - a close family members birthday party, so I won't be able to attend. I have no one to take my place, however I hope this won't be an issue - one of the reserves can take my spot for this round if there are any :)
If I'm not mistaken @krzysiek_aleks was showing some interest yesterday, so he might be someone to ask. Don't hold me to it though :p If you find a replacement just let me know. :)

Absolutely, but I don't know if I can, I've done only 2 club events. @Joseph Wright, can I then?

EDIT: Also, I might need to test a little bit before final decission :D
Have a test and see what you feel like and let me know. The points will be for you only, so in any way Dan wont be able to gain points this weekend, so there is no pressure. Just take it as a "test drive" for the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.2%