RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

Talked to Bridgestone. They will come with extra snow tyres. ;)

We at Toyota Reise Wagon are happy to announce our development team is brining critical updates with aero package callisgned The Plow

funny-car-photos-call-mr-plow-thats-my-name-that-name-again-is-mr-plow.jpg

It's a shame they clash and I havent missed a race in three seasons of racing F1 here at RD, but I cant let my teamate down in RDLMS, we setup his three monitors at my place and drive from the one pc, we will be doing this for the RDLMS test race this saturday and I shall keep the setup for FPWS at Interlagos straight after, I know Ivo has tried to find another date but is it possible to run it on a weekday ? what are the problems in rescheduling Ivo ?

Thats my issue, I've already screwed my team around at Monza with a Family meal, I'm really trying to sort this out so I can do both but it looks like I'm going to be missing one of the leagues.

@ Jan yeah we did, but the RDLMS staff changed the date of their second round IIRC.

I'm going to apologise now Ivo, for if can't make it. Really am trying to make time.

Real life commitments and happenings makes us drop out of racing events, but I still have a hard time understanding why you all prioritize the league you joined secondly prior to FPWS when the on line racing dates collide...

Of course it your decision in the end, and you all don't want to let your RDMLS team mates down.... but what about us who committed for FPWS to get a full race season with full grid of nice racers to fight with, your are letting us down instead.

I think the Endurance events are pretty special though and no one wants to miss an 8 hour event I know I dont, this is not to denigrate FPWS though, I have said before in posts here that the RD F1 league is the most proffesional and well run league I have raced in and I will add to that the most enjoyable as well, I dont take missing events lightly even club events I hate to miss if I have signed up and have only done it a couple of times IIRC, I havent missed a single F1 race in 3 seasons of driving in the F1 league here at RD and I dont like having to miss Abu Dhabi but I am sure Ivo understands, once again I will say it is a shame we couldnt all agree on a date change.

I have just had this thought and am throwing it up in the air, how about we run the race on the original date the 18th but we start the event earlier so people involved in RDLMS could finish the F1 race and then make qualifying for RDLMS ? any chance of this Ivo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 112 88.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.3%