RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

Was a really nice race!!! i know that on the qualify i haven't the speed of the top guys, but i was confident on a good strategy and a nice race pace.

Qualify: did a bad 1.33.990....... was bad because i did some test the day before the race and i was able to reach atleast 1.33.5..... and i know i could gain that time but i the last lap of my qualy i was 0.4s under my time and i know that i could do a bettere chicane and gain more 0.1 or 0.2s (so 0.5-0.6 s ) but i went wide and so lost the 9th spot!!! So i was 14th.

Race: started well, and was just controlling the cars in front of me and waiting for their pitstops for start to do my race pace....had only a panic moment when Martin's Bulgin car, for a lag, svanished in front of me, and i just lift a bit the throttle for my luck and when his car was back again we were really near each others!!!! was really a scary moment...

My pace was good, but not very fast like i did in the test.... i was again 0.5s off my test pace (in test i was able to keep an 33 hig 34 low pace with a PB of 33 low) yesterday i was doing 34 half, but maybe it was only because i was scared to do errors in a so long race and so i was keeping a safely gap to my limit. But in the end my costant pace, some luck, and a good strategy put my car in 3rd position!!!

Thank you everyone for the race, congratz to all who finished, and to the podium, thx Ivo and RD for the event and the nice league!!!

cu at the next race!!! ;)

My report is late cuz i had to sober up.

I had the drive of my life on Saturday. Starting from the back of the grid my plan was simple.
Just make it to the end with 1 pitstop strategy. I must say this was the first time i drove on Suzuka. After some training i was able to develop a very consistent and safe pace. This was also thanks to setup work from Abdul and i would like to thank Him here.

Was able to move up a few places after the start. After the pitstop it turned out ive landed further up front than expected - 9th. I was keeping up with 3 guys in front under 15 seconds behind hoping some of them are on 2 stopper. It worked and soon i was 6th as far as i remember after Bruno's fight with Andreas. Now it was me just behind Andreas fighting for 5th place.

And it ended with a tragedy. At turn 8 (i think) that fast kink with little braking being meters behind Andreas i failed to lift off there. Hitting heavly in to the back of his car i totalled Him and lost front wing. Returned to the pits for repair i went back on tracks just to go out after a few turns later as it also turned out i somehow run out of fuel... (something right what Jamie said about strange consumption)

Please accept my biggest apologies Andreas.Especially considering it was your first time with us. Second race in a row i need to apologize for ruining someone race being fully at fault. In shame and disgrace i regret it turned out this way. Seriously considering im not good enough to compete in F1 races. While the suicidal thoughts are away now im giving myself one more chance, and i hope You guys also will.

On the happy thoughts RW scored some decent points. With Mattias excellent 3rd place delivery and Abdul arriving also very well we are now on 2nd!

Congrats to the winners, finishers and big thanks to Racing Staff as always.

You are racing with us for 3 seasons now Konrad. So dont be to hard on yourself. Yes you had 2 races wich ended not pretty.
But i think you had atleast 16 races where this not happened. So like i said dont be hard on yourself.

Hey, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I was directly behind you guys when that happened, it looked like Andreas was slowing you down somewhat, I caught you at about 2s per lap after my stop. It looked more like a racing incident than silly mistake tbh.

Round 5: Suzuka

Georgios Davakos - 30+ second penalty at next finished event. Not using LC correctly.
Konrad Stanczak - 30+ second penalty at next finished event. Not using LC correctly.
Andreas Hall - 30+ second penalty at next finished event. Not using LC correctly.

Konrad Stanczak - back of grid start at Interlagos. For avoidable contact which caused heavy damage to Andreas Hall and ending his race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 421 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.7%
Back