RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

Again i couldnt get my pb times at qualy so i had 5th on grid.
Good jump off the line and tried to take the outside of Jan into T1 but the small piece of tarmac availble became less as we came close to turn in.Lost a few places on the grass just to get back up to 5th behind Jan and Lee again at end of lap 1.
Trying to get a good run out on straight after T3 when Lee and Jan came together and i had nowhere to go and hit Lee in the side when he was sideways on the inside curb.Luck let me keep the front wing but i had some damage to the arms holding the front right wheel leading to me having to countersteer the rest of the race.Damage also affected topspeed and as i was running low downforce it wasnt the best that could happen.
Well....enough crying,i think i had the race pace to atleast be close with Martin and Nico but that was out of question after the incident.
Had some great fights with Mattia and Bruno and ended up in between them in 5th.
After DNF at Suzuka and 5th last night my 30 p lead is now only 3 points for last race.
Grats Martin for winning and all finishers aswell.Thx to Rd,Ivo and all who help organising the events :)

Practice server for Abu Dhabi is up.
The ingame time is 4:30 pm instead of the usual 12:30 pm.
The server is also set on 4:30 pm. So if you practice offline dont forget to change the time to 4:30 because its abit colder then 12:30.

In comparison to Suzuka this race far less enjoyable for me but in contrary ended much better.
Was starting from the back again and the launch was right on green. Still Ondrej had a small delay so i had to dodge right and lift off. That was a good move as someone from the right lane overshot the LC and flew across the track to the left barely avoiding collision. I settled the car in the back of the pack in to T1 after this drama.
Gained a few positions as some guys clinched on lap 1 that resulted damage for them.
Since i was running a low down force setup i was able to overtake Ondrej on the main straight.
The car did not felt good in the turns section 5-6 especially and i don't think i had a single perfect lap, can count the fairly good ones on a single hand. Had a handful of runoffs but fortunately without a spin or damage. I trusted my single stop strategy and decided to just make it to the end. At 2/3rds distance Morten and Chris emerged behind me and we had a short 3-way tussle but knowing how bad my handling was in the 5-6 turn section ive let them pass. Defending my position would not give me anything since i had a +30secs penalty... except danger of things going wrong. And it was a good call as Chris went out a few times and received critical damage while Morten to His misfortune got a disconnection. No chance of gaining up to Jan i settled and kept a +30 seconds buffer to the ones behind me.
Now i can render Interlagos as not the most favorite track.

A Magnificent result for Reise Wagon. Congratz to Martin for the win and podium finishers - yes! my team mates Abdul and Mattia. Big thanks to organizers and all participants as always.

I was first in last turn. Didnt have enough va va vooom to take pole. Thanks Ivo for the comparison.
That wasn't the va va vooom - after last turn you should have bust the parachute that was on the rear of your car :)

Did I say that I love these kind of videos :rolleyes:. They reveal such differences very nicely.

You also suffered from the high downforce during the first phase of the race. You put a lot of pressure on me but on the straights I was out of danger. (In Spa it was exactly the other way round. There I was the one with high downforce and stuck behind you in the middle sector, without a chance to pass in 1st or 3rd sector.)

I'm going to struggle to make it, depends on LMS start times (The reason I put LMS ahead of FPWS is that LMS was the league that brought me to RD). However If I am doing a leter stint in LMS i should be able to make this race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes