RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

I think the Endurance events are pretty special though and no one wants to miss an 8 hour event I know I dont, this is not to denigrate FPWS though, I have said before in posts here that the RD F1 league is the most proffesional and well run league I have raced in and I will add to that the most enjoyable as well, I dont take missing events lightly even club events I hate to miss if I have signed up and have only done it a couple of times IIRC, I havent missed a single F1 race in 3 seasons of driving in the F1 league here at RD and I dont like having to miss Abu Dhabi but I am sure Ivo understands, once again I will say it is a shame we couldnt all agree on a date change.

I feel the same as Martin, its not me saying "oh I can't be bothered" @ FPWS, I really want to race FPWS of course I do. I appreciate all of the work Ivo's done for this league, even offering a solution of moving the FPWS race, but I can't find a solution to this problem. Do I drive FPWS and let down my team (who without trying to sound bigheaded, probs won't race If I can't make it. Not going to go into that in public) or do I drive RDLMS and then let down Ivo and the other racing guys.

Its not a case of league jumping either. When I signed upto RDLMS the dates didn't clash. Martin's suggestion proberly won't help me as I'm at work but if it allows you guys to race with the RDLMS guys I would vote for it.

I have also never had league's clashing like this and I have never missed a FPWS race for a very long time and now I happen to have person life things to do on the upcoming Interlagos race so I can't make it. Then on the RDLMS I thought there wouldn't be a clash but the date where changed afterwards and well I can't do anything about it.

I might have a chans of running the last race but I would not bet my money on it because a 8 hour race is a hard one to plan out.

It's not that I don't like this league or that I feel like RDLMS is more important then FPWS. It just happens that my team needs me in RDLMS and there for I have attemt to the race.

My goal was successful - finished... and it was amazing to watch Martin's and Nico's fight as they overlapped me five times - really shame that Nico didnt manage the last lap

Great race it really tested my "skills" to dont push for cross the finish line :D thanks for the chance to participate and well done podium

Qualified in a 4'th spot

Lost one place in T1 due to me being (to) careful... but then long before the start finish line i took the place back since i had much higher top sped.
Sadly i was then hit from behind on lap 2 , just between T2-3, sending me off into a 180 spin damaging my rear wing.

Luckily the car was not totally wrecked and i rejoined in 12'th place.
Keep fighting as hard as i could to take as many places as possible back, but with some 20 laps remaining I realised I could not get any further up than my current 7'th place.

Ripped from taking advantage of my nice qual position i finished the race in a decent 7'th place.

grats podium guys.
Thanks RD and Ivo for making this happened.

Really a nice race and a nice night!!!

Qualify: 10th....not bad and near my PB (1.10.9xx) but in any case was happy enough

Race: started well and was able to gain some position, after that i had some nice battles with Mikael, always clean and nice fights, after my pit stop i had again some fights with some nice overtakes with Mikael and Bruno..... in one of those fights i was behind Bruno in T1, i lift the throttle and brake before the usual point, but i musjudge the braking of Bruno and i hit his back, i hope that he wasn't too much damage for that.....i have a bit of damages, but for my luck i didn't lost the front wing.....sry again Bruno for that!!! ;)
after that i did again some fights and after that they went to pit stop and i had enough gap to take at home the car.....in the last lap Nico was really unlucky and blown the engine and so i was 3rd!!!!

so i want say thank you to all, thank you Ivo and RD for the leagues and congratz all the guys that take at home the car and that raced with us tonight!!! ;)

thank you again and cu at the last race of the season!!! ;)

Qualy: P6 surprised that everyone was in the 1,10’s then i surprised myself by doing the same.

Race P5:
1st Stint
Poor start as usual dropped down to 10th behind Martin B. , took a few laps to pass him now i was pushing and trying to catch up to the next spots which was Mattia and Mikael who were fighting for position, so I went pushed to catch them. Caught to Mattia 1st were I could clearly see that he was running a lower aero package than me and had a heavier car, this was really highlighted into T5 were I was clearly much faster from that turn but he would position himself well so I couldn’t pass him.
Got stuck behind him until my 1st stop.

2nd Stint
Somehow I passed Mikael in the stops (must have been fixing damage), but now I was running 5th
Managed to get 4th for a short while when Mattia done his pit stop now us 3 would have a battle for the remainder of my stint.

3rd stint

Got out behind Chris in P6, passed him on the start of the next lap but it was too late as Mikael got enough of an advantage to stay ahead of me. Still I pushed and tried to catch him but at the end he just had enough to defend from me.

Finished in P5 thanks to Nico’s engine blow out.

Thanks to all who raced it was fun

yes you crash m8 :(..........the race went to the finish for all the other cars. ;)

did you read a "connection lost" messages??? or you you crash into desktop??

I'm still baffled about what happened, I was just about to overtake Ondrej when he vanished from the track and, I think to myself I hope I don't hit him, and then the game freezes and goes to the screen you get when you log out of the server and get experience points, there were no error massage or anything, I wasn't even touching the mouse or the keyboard, and the only thing I have installed in this version is FPWS, I hope it's not the XD I have Installed.

Qualy: P13 had no grip at all before Abdul and Ivo helped me with some set up. :)

Race: Finished p10.
Made a good start, but the car in front of me was slightly slow off the start and which meant that I had no where to pass and slowed me down off the start. Had some good battle with some guys in front. But most of the race was it.
Just brought the car home and score some points for APEX GP.
I just don't have the pace and more downforce means sacrificing top speed through straights.. :)

Congrats mate: Martin Vrba.
Thanks Ivo for the event.

Qualified 11th and finished 9th, I had a pretty uneventfull race apart from getting a drive through for speeding when I made my first stop of 2, I dont think it made a lot of difference overall though, The FSR tracks we have used this season have been superb IMO they seem to go with the mod really well, thanks to Ivo and RD for a great season and good luck to the title battlers at Abu Dhabi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 48 54.5%