AC Rd 2 of the Q1 F3 Championship-Jeddah-Thursday 7th March 2024.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Saudi Arabian GP Thursday 7th March 2024.

Jeddah 1.jpg

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to drive a single seater around the same circuit as the F1 drivers? Well here is your chance as we will drive on the Jeddah Street circuit just a few days before the real F1 race.

1709246624134.png

Track link

Not registered yet?
All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Click here for Championship registration information.

The race format for this race is:

Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • Password is the usual Mid-week one. If you need it PM me.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | - Race Start

2 x 25 minute races (pit stop optional).
  • Reverse grid for race 2 (to 7th place).
  • Tyres-S,M,H options
  • PLEASE NOTE: DRS is disabled here due to zones not working in this mod.
  • Temperatures as close to real conditions as possible.(Weather conditions can be found on the events tab on the Championship link)
Further info can be found on the Q1Championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS.

We look forward to seeing you on track

Last edited:
For anyone suffering from the white car problem you can try what I did...

o Unregister from the championship
o Delete the car
o Reinstall the car
o Delete the skins directory from the car
o Manually copy the new skins folder into the car folder
o Re-register for the championship and pick a skin
o Rebooted your PC

Probably only some of these steps are needed but all of this worked for me

For anyone suffering from the white car problem you can try what I did...

o Delete the car
o Reinstall the car
o Rebooted your PC

Probably only some of these steps are needed but all of this worked for me
I'm just trying to sort this out Colin but what you say is a way of resolving it.

All- Please wait until I have refreshed all the files as there are some conflicts that the above won't solve.
I'll update all when I have it sorted.

OK, hopefully I have now sorted the skin problems. There were some conflicts with some skins. I have re-uploaded the car on the server with all the skin packs available so your favourite should be there now.
Many thanks to Colin with his instructions above and Joseph for his help, do this and all should be OK now.:thumbsup:

o Delete the car
o Reinstall the car
o Rebooted your PC

I have updated the Championship page so any new registrations should be OK.
Apologies for any inconvenience.

Last edited:
A problem Paul. I know, you love problems. lol
Nukdrop tracks are great with all the stuff going on but are badly optimised. This one is no exception. In VR, which more of us are using, it is very hard to play even turning the settings down quite a lot. Have not even tried it in the dark. We had this issue last year and he tuned the track up for us. Cant remember the track, might of been last but one. ... Las Vegas.... Anyway, could we not ask him to do the same for us as he really came through for us last time?

Last edited:
A problem Paul. I know, you love problems. lol
Nukdrop tracks are great with all the stuff going on but are badly optimised. This one is no exception. In VR, which more of us are using, it is very hard to play even turning the settings down quite a lot. Have not even tried it in the dark. We had this issue last year and he tuned the track up for us. Cant remember the track, might of been last but one. ... Las Vegas.... Anyway, could we not ask him to do the same for us as he really came through for us last time?
Hi Steve, We are running in daylight which should help but I'll drop him a line to see what he can do. Not sure if anything can be done in time though.
I can't recall any problems last year with the Agile but I'm on triples.

What do others think, if no changes can be made do you want a different track?

Hi Steve, Tyrone has responded, he will see what he can do in the limited time he has before Thursday,
I guess you have minimalized all what you can, spectators etc? Is anyone else in VR having performance drop off? ( that sounds worrying at our age!):D

Hi Steve, Tyrone has responded, he will see what he can do in the limited time he has before Thursday,
I guess you have minimalized all what you can, spectators etc? Is anyone else in VR having performance drop off? ( that sounds worrying at our age!):D
I'll do some testing and get back to you, but I do know there are a few tracks that are only really bad at night, so daytime might help. (Also I do have a 3090 so it might not be that representative).

By the way, if anyone is worried about setup etc, I will always be sharing my setups for each race so you can always steal mine. I can't guarantee they'll fit your driving style but I'll do my best to make them drivable as I'm too old and slow nowadays for the really pointy setups.

I've done an enormous amount of setup work with these cars over the years and have spent a lot of time looking at Motec graphs and the like, so if anyone needs tips I'm happy to help out, although it'll probably just have to be on Thursday as I'm a teacher so I have zero time nowadays.

Thankfully for some of the tracks I've got setups saved so those weeks I can share in advance.

By the way, if anyone is worried about setup etc, I will always be sharing my setups for each race so you can always steal mine. I can't guarantee they'll fit your driving style but I'll do my best to make them drivable as I'm too old and slow nowadays for the really pointy setups.

I've done an enormous amount of setup work with these cars over the years and have spent a lot of time looking at Motec graphs and the like, so if anyone needs tips I'm happy to help out, although it'll probably just have to be on Thursday as I'm a teacher so I have zero time nowadays.

Thankfully for some of the tracks I've got setups saved so those weeks I can share in advance.
That's great and very generous of you Joseph. While there as some very fast and experienced drivers in the championship, many of us are still finding our way with set ups and having a good base is a huge step up to making the race a better experience.

Hi Joseph,

It would be great to have your setup! But I am even more excited to hear you "have spent a lot of time looking at Motec graphs":p Could you also share a data log of your fast laps?

I am still working on getting consistence in my driving and figuring out where I can push more and how. A data log of fast lap would a huge help to me on that front.

Thanks!

Hi Joseph,

It would be great to have your setup! But I am even more excited to hear you "have spent a lot of time looking at Motec graphs":p Could you also share a data log of your fast laps?

I am still working on getting consistence in my driving and figuring out where I can push more and how. A data log of fast lap would a huge help to me on that front.

Thanks!
Yeah I can do that. And/or post a video if you want. There are faster guys than me here nowadays I think but I'm happy to help! Just going to do a few now so I'll send it over.

Ok, performance of the track in VR in the daytime with no other cars is fine for me. Not amazing but fine.

The track itself though is shocking. As with bahrain it's far off the real thing, but the main issue is there are no brake markers, no reference points, not even any advertising boards for most of the track making learning it impossible. On top of that there are no DRS zones, for some reason the author has put gravel everywhere with a massive drop off the tarmac, and I've already found one hold in the barrier where my tyre got stuck.

I've had my rant. I will now endeavour to learn the track.

Hi all,

I have just had a message from Tyrone, he has updated the track......but hold off.................still no DRS but he will try to get it sorted by Wednesday.
I know it will be short notice but it will be the same for all of us so fingers crossed we will have a better track to race on come Thursday.
If Las Vegas is anything to go by Tyrone does a very nice job with the updates.

OK, there is now an updated version that includes DRS, however, I don't see any DRS boards so have fed this info back to Tyrone.

But if you want to give it a go, feel free. The track is on the link https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jeddah-street-circuit-f1-2021-night-race.40825/
as in the first post.
For me it was like driving around a Rubix cube at high speed with all the colours on the run off areas that at first were distracting, but after a while my poor old yes got used to it, (I'll just have to wear sunglasses :cool:).

Yeah I can do that. And/or post a video if you want. There are faster guys than me here nowadays I think but I'm happy to help! Just going to do a few now so I'll send it over.
Thanks Joseph!
For me the log data is more useful (and less hassle for you to share) than the video. It seems not many people use Motec here:( That is why I was really excited when you said you spend lots of time in Motec :)

Last edited:
Ok, Tyrone came through for us again. Track is now optimized and i get no stutters even with my res. turned up high.
However...............he has said he has updated the track using a more accurate reference info.
It is a different track in the hardest S bend section and needs learning afresh. Plus as Joseph said, no more braking points to refer to. Plus as Paul said, distracting colours right where we need to change our race line.
To sum up, everyone will need to relearn the track and i assume everyone will need to change the setup. I know i will have to. It is the same for everyone as Paul said so i am on it :thumbsup:

P.S. forget current lap times

Last edited:
Thanks for the early feedback Steve, I'm not sure if the DRS will get sorted but it's not the end of the world if we run without it.
I agree, it feels like a completely different track, seems tighter in places and I know what you mean about the 'S' bend feel....Spin city until you get the hang of it !

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.