AC F3 Championship Q1 Spring 2024 Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the 2024 RD F3 Championship registration page.

F3 image Snetterton.jpg

Last year we ran a championship alongside the real F1 schedule, for 2024 we are doing something similar but with a few tweaks.

We will be running as many of the real F1 circuits as possible but with a few notable changes. Some of the tracks last year proved to be a bit boring or did not really suit the cars abilities, also we have a large number of German drivers but no ‘home’ GP for them.

So for this year we will be including two German Grand Prix’s and an additional race in Italy at the fantastic Mugello circuit in Tuscany. (these will replace Miami, Singapore and Qatar).

Also new for this year is the championship format. The real F1 calender has been extended to 24 races in 2024. This is a long season and so to keep interest all year long for us Sim racers, we will be splitting our championship into four quarters with separate registration and separate points for each quarter. This allows drivers to enter at any time during the year, with a chance of scoring points towards a quarter championship and of course the chance of a different champion in each quarter.

Here are some of the main details.
  • 24 races split into 4 quarters- each quarter to be a separate championship. (requiring separate registration).
  • For each Quarter, 5 out of 6 to score, dropping lowest score.
  • Each quarter has four 60 minute and two 2 × 25 minute Sprint races.
  • All 60 minutes races to have mandatory pit stop, optional for the Sprint races.
  • Sprint race 2 will have a reverse grid up to 7th place.
  • Races to have local weather conditions as close as possible.
  • Set ups are open allowing a wide range of options.
  • Points based on real F1 scores; 25,18, 15, etc. 1 Point for fastest lap.
Dates are the Thursday before the real F1 GP. Get these scheduled in your diary!

Q1February 29Bahrain Grand Prix
Q1March 7Saudi Arabian Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q1March 21Australian Grand Prix
Q1April 4Japanese Grand Prix-Suzuka
Q1April 18Thai GP- Buriram (Chang) International Circuit
Q1May 2German Grand Prix-Hockenheim-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q2May 16Emilia Romagna Grand Prix-Imola
Q2May 23Monaco Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q2June 6Canadian Grand Prix
Q2June 20Spanish Grand Prix-Barcalona Moto
Q2June 27Austrian Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q2July 4British Grand Prix
Q3July 18Hungarian Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q3July 25Belgian Grand Prix
Q3August 22Dutch Grand Prix
Q3August 29Italian Grand Prix-Monza
Q3September 12Azerbaijan Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q3September 19European Grand Prix-Nurbergring
Q4October 17United States Grand Prix-COTA
Q4October 24Mexico City Grand Prix
Q4October 31Sao Paulo Grand Prix-Interlagos
Q4November 21Las Vegas Grand Prix--Sprint (2×25mins)
Q4November 28Tuscan Grand Prix-Mugello
Q4December 5Abu Dhabi Grand Prix--Sprint (2×25mins)

Please note that tracks and details may be subject to change depending on compatibility.

For each event, a thread will be posted as a reminder and for the latest information and instructions.

Server details and timings:
  • Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | - Race Start
All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

So if you have ever wondered what it’s like to drive on F1 circuits in a friendly club environment then this is the place for you.

Sign up: using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

To register, Go to

Car: RSS 3 V6 Formula RSS 3 V6 for AC

1706385434708.png

Download for FREE Version 2 This car is made free as an appreciation to our community. You must not reupload the files for public distribution anywhere else. This is the Formula RSS 3 V6 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa by Race Sim Studio, a car base.​

Optional skins (you will need to download all of these into your car skin folder to see other drivers liveries).

Last edited:
Count me in! :)

The weather thing sounds good. I've seen some spectacular cloud cover in various races.
Here at RD we usually drive with “clear”.
Hi Hank,
I'm still getting a handle on this but hopefully if you have SOL you should see some different cloud formations throughout the year along with track temps as close to real temps as I can get.
That's the plan anyway.

Hi Hank,
I'm still getting a handle on this but hopefully if you have SOL you should see some different cloud formations throughout the year along with track temps as close to real temps as I can get.
That's the plan anyway.
Exciting plan Paul!
I hope to make at least 4 of the races in Q1.
How about a rain race now and then?

Rain race is a nice idea but very problematic on the software side.
It´s not native to AC so it needs a commercial version of CSP which not all of can run (well) because of hardware reasons.

We´ve had our experiences in the multiclass series with the 24h cycle which is less taxing than rain but still led to problems, eg with time synchronization.

Rain race is a nice idea but very problematic on the software side.
It´s not native to AC so it needs a commercial version of CSP which not all of can run (well) because of hardware reasons.

We´ve had our experiences in the multiclass series with the 24h cycle which is less taxing than rain but still led to problems, eg with time synchronization.
Yes, wise words Carsten. I think a version of Pure gives you rain effects but as you say that's at a cost, not only financial but also to your PC performance. And with drivers having different specs of PC/VR and some wouldn't be able to use it, it gets a bit messy.
I did think about running night races like IRL but as this is my first venture into hosting races I want to keep it simple, so small steps and let's see how things go before we try to get too technical.

Interesting changes Paul, the division into quarters is surely the most interesting one as it will give anyone the possibility of getting to grips with the cars and deciding whether it is something they actually want to proceed to further sessions or not.
I didn't like the Agile too much but having reserved a slot in the championship I felt somehow "forced" to join due to having reserved a slot that couldn't be used by someone else.

For sure these cars are quite difficult for someone like me who's not even good at driving the MX5, yet I'll accept the challenge at least for the first quarter (where also Barhain is, if not one of my favourite tracks, one of the ones where I had better results or got close to them in the past races). Hopefully this car will be more enjoyable than then Agile, and if so I'll continue in the series (though this will keep me away from the Wednesday multiclass races :()

Unfortunately I haven't been able to participate in the process of choosing the car, but I read all the debate so I trust that this is the best car that we could choose, looking forward to race it.

Also, wise decision about having 2x starts, at Monaco and Azerbaijan! Are you playing Wreckfest when not in AC?
:D:D I like your thinking Omar, no Wreckfest on my PC but just gave it a bit of thought.
The quarter idea came from Han and it does make sense so a bit of an experiment, let's see how it works out. Getting drivers interested is difficult enough for one race let alone 24.
Last year there was a mix of race lengths with varying amounts of likes and dislikes .
So I decided to have 2 sprint races in each quarter and tried to match them to tracks where overtaking has been difficult in the past.
It will be good if you can join in so sign up now even if you can't make all the races, we all understand that real life gets in the way of this hobby sometimes.:thumbsup:.

Interesting changes Paul, the division into quarters is surely the most interesting one as it will give anyone the possibility of getting to grips with the cars and deciding whether it is something they actually want to proceed to further sessions or not.
I didn't like the Agile too much but having reserved a slot in the championship I felt somehow "forced" to join due to having reserved a slot that couldn't be used by someone else.

For sure these cars are quite difficult for someone like me who's not even good at driving the MX5, yet I'll accept the challenge at least for the first quarter (where also Barhain is, if not one of my favourite tracks, one of the ones where I had better results or got close to them in the past races). Hopefully this car will be more enjoyable than then Agile, and if so I'll continue in the series (though this will keep me away from the Wednesday multiclass races :()

Unfortunately I haven't been able to participate in the process of choosing the car, but I read all the debate so I trust that this is the best car that we could choose, looking forward to race it.
Omar, don't beat yourself up. I am not any good with the Mazda MX5 also. But when it comes to more interesting and harder to drive cars i tend to raise my game as i believe you will. This F3 car is very good out of the box but does require more effort to drive fast. I am sure you will enjoy it and probably surprise yourself :thumbsup:

Welcome to the 2024 RD F3 Championship registration page.

View attachment 724824
Last year we ran a championship alongside the real F1 schedule, for 2024 we are doing something similar but with a few tweaks.

We will be running as many of the real F1 circuits as possible but with a few notable changes. Some of the tracks last year proved to be a bit boring or did not really suit the cars abilities, also we have a large number of German drivers but no ‘home’ GP for them.

So for this year we will be including two German Grand Prix’s and an additional race in Italy at the fantastic Mugello circuit in Tuscany. (these will replace Miami, Singapore and Qatar).

Also new for this year is the championship format. The real F1 calender has been extended to 24 races in 2024. This is a long season and so to keep interest all year long for us Sim racers, we will be splitting our championship into four quarters with separate registration and separate points for each quarter. This allows drivers to enter at any time during the year, with a chance of scoring points towards a quarter championship and of course the chance of a different champion in each quarter.

Here are some of the main details.
  • 24 races split into 4 quarters- each quarter to be a separate championship. (requiring separate registration).
  • For each Quarter, 5 out of 6 to score, dropping lowest score.
  • Each quarter has four 60 minute and two 2 × 25 minute Sprint races.
  • All 60 minutes races to have mandatory pit stop, optional for the Sprint races.
  • Sprint race 2 will have a reverse grid up to 7th place.
  • Races to have local weather conditions as close as possible.
  • Set ups are open allowing a wide range of options.
  • Points based on real F1 scores; 25,18, 15, etc. 1 Point for fastest lap.
Dates are the Thursday before the real F1 GP. Get these scheduled in your diary!

Q1February 29Bahrain Grand Prix
Q1March 7Saudi Arabian Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q1March 21Australian Grand Prix
Q1April 4Japanese Grand Prix-Suzuka
Q1April 18Thai GP- Buriram (Chang) International Circuit
Q1May 2German Grand Prix-Hockenheim-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q2May 16Emilia Romagna Grand Prix-Imola
Q2May 23Monaco Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q2June 6Canadian Grand Prix
Q2June 20Spanish Grand Prix-Barcalona Moto
Q2June 27Austrian Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q2July 4British Grand Prix
Q3July 18Hungarian Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q3July 25Belgian Grand Prix
Q3August 22Dutch Grand Prix
Q3August 29Italian Grand Prix-Monza
Q3September 12Azerbaijan Grand Prix-Sprint (2×25mins)
Q3September 19European Grand Prix-Nurbergring
Q4October 17United States Grand Prix-COTA
Q4October 24Mexico City Grand Prix
Q4October 31Sao Paulo Grand Prix-Interlagos
Q4November 21Las Vegas Grand Prix--Sprint (2×25mins)
Q4November 28Tuscan Grand Prix-Mugello
Q4December 5Abu Dhabi Grand Prix--Sprint (2×25mins)

Please note that tracks and details may be subject to change depending on compatibility.

For each event, a thread will be posted as a reminder and for the latest information and instructions.

Server details and timings:
  • Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | - Race Start
All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

So if you have ever wondered what it’s like to drive on F1 circuits in a friendly club environment then this is the place for you.

Sign up: using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

To register, Go to

Car: RSS 3 V6 Formula RSS 3 V6 for AC

View attachment 724829

Download for FREE Version 2 This car is made free as an appreciation to our community. You must not reupload the files for public distribution anywhere else. This is the Formula RSS 3 V6 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa by Race Sim Studio, a car base.​

Optional skins (you will need to download all of these into your car skin folder to see other drivers liveries).

Hi, i dont have an Emperor account yet, could you provide me one?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.