AC Rd 2 of the Q1 F3 Championship-Jeddah-Thursday 7th March 2024.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I just checked out the setting for tonight's races;

Pit stops- my error, I must have had the settings from Bahrain loaded.:redface: I hope it didn't spoil anyone's race (apart from Steve):(.

However, cuts were enabled and configured but apparently some tracks won't recognise the command. Now as tonight's track was quickly updated by the author earlier this week it is possible that the track limits weren't set up. Las Vegas v1 had a similar problem but got sorted in an update.
But as Hank said above, at least this one is behind us and we move on to more familiar territory down under.:thumbsup:

Fellas I'm going to try my absolute best to make the race tonight but it's possible I'll have to flake on you all tonight. Absolutely burried under with work at the moment.

I am yet to make a setup for the re-made track, but here's the one I had for the previous version that was semi-ok. Might be quite pointy on the new version so perhaps increase the rear suspension travel/soften the rear springs/add a click of rear wing if needed.
Thanks for sharing! I had to work in the morning and barely made to the race so didn't get to try it. Hope you get un-burried from work and get to try your setup at next race!

Pit stops- my error, I must have had the settings from Bahrain loaded.:redface: I hope it didn't spoil anyone's race (apart from Steve):(.

However, cuts were enabled and configured but apparently some tracks won't recognise the command. Now as tonight's track was quickly updated by the author earlier this week it is possible that the track limits weren't set up. Las Vegas v1 had a similar problem but got sorted in an update.
But as Hank said above, at least this one is behind us and we move on to more familiar territory down under.:thumbsup:
Sorry again I couldn''t join you all, but just wanted to weigh in on this. This is possibly a known bug with Assetto Corsa where some tracks simply won't recognise track limits in the race. (If it was only happening in the race that is).

If that is the issue, feel free to share this guide with the track author

It is something we've previously had to fix for tracks ourselves and run a custom version of the mod for events, but obviously that'd be an enormous pain for something like this.

Did not spoil my race Paul, after all the effort i put in to practice i just drove like s**t in the race and it was all my fault.
Strange with the track limits as offline it had no problem telling me when i was out?
On to the next track which i recall is also a spin out special :unsure:

Did not spoil my race Paul, after all the effort i put in to practice i just drove like s**t in the race and it was all my fault.
Strange with the track limits as offline it had no problem telling me when i was out?
On to the next track which i recall is also a spin out special :unsure:
Well Sidekick and CrewChief were able to see the track limits. I got cursed by Jim several times and Sidekick didn't register my best lap (with track limit violation) as a new PB.

Maybe is just setting the black_flag to 5 would be enough.

Well Sidekick and CrewChief were able to see the track limits. I got cursed by Jim several times and Sidekick didn't register my best lap (with track limit violation) as a new PB.

Maybe is just setting the black_flag to 5 would be enough.
I had Jim swearing at me too for track limits Han.
I saw the link in the server on how to fix the cuts, I just need to read it properly and understand what to do but it does look quite involved with having to look at every area where a cut could occur. As Joseph said, something properly best left to Tyrone, I will feedback to him.

I had Jim swearing at me too for track limits Han.
I saw the link in the server on how to fix the cuts, I just need to read it properly and understand what to do but it does look quite involved with having to look at every area where a cut could occur. As Joseph said, something properly best left to Tyrone, I will feedback to him.
I remember I have done this once when Emperor was quite new to us.
I'll see if I can find the thread in which I explained it to the participants.

Paul,

I found the event in which I did the changes for the track limits / cut penalties.

In short: when you make changes to the surfaces.ini file to make the cut penalties work, every participant will also need to copy/replace that file in the track map, unfortunately.

in qualy was working im 100%sure as i got 2 invalid laps
Yes, i got laps deleted when i ran wide too but there is a difference between invalid laps in qualy and the cut penalties in a race where you gain an advantage.
Relying on every driver making changes to the surface file does seem to be risky and messy. In my opinion the track creator is best placed to sort out the cuts so all we have to do is load the update and set the cut penalties in the server. Tyrone did it for Vegas and it worked well.
But it is another aspect of race organisation to look at and learn from.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.