RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 387850

Yes, there doesn't appear to be an overall FFB strength setting in LGS that I've ever found, so I just set it in-game. As Rasmus said, don't touch the "sensitivity" setting! Leave it at 50% for a linear steering response :)

Btw, all my LUTs are done with 100% set in the old Logitech Driver!
I had a DFGT and my G27 to create them. G25 and G29 seem to be the same, FFB strength and deadzone wise.
The G920 however seems to have a completely different, very very small deadzone!

I don't know what was happened. I no more worries about center notch, because it may be not notch that others meant. Hmm... Never mind. All other things are perfect (as it can be with my cheap wheel)! So my review may be obsoleted now :) I use default RasmusP's DFGT LUT (with "0 | 0.070" first value) now.

I added some effects (road especially) and... Abarth 500 AC have so bright FFB! I'm happy! Thank you again, RasmusP!

Great mod! for some reason the game deleted my assettocorsa.ini file??, well I have to reaquire it but I'll use JSGME this time so if it deletes again, easy replace.

Great mod! for some reason the game deleted my assettocorsa.ini file??, well I have to reaquire it but I'll use JSGME this time so if it deletes again, easy replace.
Really strange! Even if it gets deleted (probably steam integrity check?), it should just get recreated when you try to run it the next time.
But it shouldn't matter anyway. There's no important setting in there apart from the dampening, which is only active below 3 kph or something similar at default.
Gyro is set to 0 for my settings too, which also is default :)

Hi @RasmusP. Am interested in trying to put a gamma in my customised LUT. Do you have the excel formula that you use for plotting the curve?
I'll be back at home on Tuesday. Gonna have a look then!
Iirc I don't really have a formula for that. I tried a lot but there's no way you get one equation for the whole thing as my luts all drop down rapidly towards zero/zero.
What you can do it do the first 10% manually and then my luts are "auto filled" from that point to 100/100. You can put these two points into the "estimated curve" in excel and then select Polynom grades. One might fit the curve you want!

It's difficult to achieve and I wasted hours on it..

... do the first 10% manually and then my luts are "auto filled" from that point to 100/100.
That is the way I did it for my linear LUT. It is the curve that has got me beaten!

You can put these two points into the "estimated curve" in excel and then select Polynom grades. One might fit the curve you want!
Ok, will try looking at that but if it was difficult for you It will be next to impossible for me!

That is the way I did it for my linear LUT. It is the curve that has got me beaten!

Ok, will try looking at that but if it was difficult for you It will be next to impossible for me!
You could send me your lut and tell me through which point you'd like the curve to go.
Like if you'd have a perfect linear lut you would go through 50/50 at one point and with some gamma it would be 50/60 (x/y).
I would try to get it done for you during the next week :)

You could send me your lut and tell me through which point you'd like the curve to go.
Like if you'd have a perfect linear lut you would go through 50/50 at one point and with some gamma it would be 50/60 (x/y).
I would try to get it done for you during the next week :)
Thanks very much for your offer Rasmus but I eventually managed to come up with something myself. Didn't like the gamma effect though but it could simply be because I am now used to the linear LUT.:)

What do you recommend for drifting?
There's no difference from my perspective between drifting and normal racing.
In both cases you want the most details so you get the most feedback for controlling the car.
For the most details you need the full range of the ffb the wheel is capable of and also the wheel should spin as fast as it can.

Some people want to simulate their road car instead of a race car so you can trade details for a "less springy" feeling but I won't do that to stay competitive.

So in short: my "recommended" LUT which I use since last year and nothing else!
Only if you have a driving force GT and no G25/27/29 I would recommend the DFGT LUT of course :)

Hey! I have been using your settings on the gamma guide for about 6 months and loved them! But now finding your LUT files and testing them out? - EXTRAORDINARY! Really feels like it would in my car. My only issue right now is this "bump" I feel in the middle of my wheel's FFB curve. Whilst going 60kmh or so, and swerving back and forth (Left and right) it is very noticeable that the FFB is week in the middle of the wheel. I've tried the very first LUT file you posted last year on May 11th's post, then the second one you posted and finally the "NoClipButStronger_Reccommended" LUT file, which I'm currently using.

I'm using the recommended Logitech Profiler settings and your updated In-game/file config values on this current guide. Is there anything you recommend I do/change to get rid of the FFB Deadzone I have?

Hey! I have been using your settings on the gamma guide for about 6 months and loved them! But now finding your LUT files and testing them out? - EXTRAORDINARY! Really feels like it would in my car. My only issue right now is this "bump" I feel in the middle of my wheel's FFB curve. Whilst going 60kmh or so, and swerving back and forth (Left and right) it is very noticeable that the FFB is week in the middle of the wheel. I've tried the very first LUT file you posted last year on May 11th's post, then the second one you posted and finally the "NoClipButStronger_Reccommended" LUT file, which I'm currently using.

I'm using the recommended Logitech Profiler settings and your updated In-game/file config values on this current guide. Is there anything you recommend I do/change to get rid of the FFB Deadzone I have?
Hey :)
Thanks for the feedback!
If you have a "hole" in the middle try to simply raise the ffb for that car. Go on track and press numpad + until it feels good.
If you have a too strong "notch" in the middle, use numpad minus to lower the ffb for that car.

Please report back if that is with all cars or just with some and with which cars please to make sure that there isn't something else that's incorrect :)

Hey, thanks for all the great work.

I'm wondering, I've followed the whole guide and my G27 feels a lot better. But I don't seem to have any of the vibration you mentioned.

Any ideas why?

Hey, thanks for all the great work.

I'm wondering, I've followed the whole guide and my G27 feels a lot better. But I don't seem to have any of the vibration you mentioned.

Any ideas why?
They! Thanks for the feedback :)

The vibrations are produced by the very first value in the LUT being amplified. It's "no FFB at all" amplified to "noise". Similar to when you put your speakers to the absolute maximum without playing music. You will hear some noise.
So either your G27 is a bit "worn out" and the noise is not enough to make your wheel vibrate or you somewhere have a different setting and the noise isn't amplified enough.

Which of my LUTs are you using? The vibrations are different between them!
Overall: if it feels good, than let it be. It's probably only 1-5% overall force that you'd need on top to get the vibrations but if you don't feel a deadzone at the moment, don't touch anything :)

If you want to try you could just go into the driver settings and raise the global FFB slider slowly while being on track. It works on the fly!
Go on track, open the logitech driver and touch the slider. If it doesn't apply on the fly try to close the settings, minimize the driver window etc. It normally should work while driving :)
See if the wheel starts to shake while rolling in a straight line. This "noise" is kinda violent! When it's too much the wheel will start to rotate on it's own, shake like crazy and "become alive", lol!

Im not sure if i got this to work like it should.
Im new to asetto corsa and just got me a g27 wheel setup. I followed your steps and installed everything and it seems to work BUT when i drifting the e30 the ffb is way to low, at least it feels like it.
i used the "no clip but stronger lut" im on 50% ingame. 100% profiler, and 120% on the car.
any suggestions?

Im not sure if i got this to work like it should.
Im new to asetto corsa and just got me a g27 wheel setup. I followed your steps and installed everything and it seems to work BUT when i drifting the e30 the ffb is way to low, at least it feels like it.
i used the "no clip but stronger lut" im on 50% ingame. 100% profiler, and 120% on the car.
any suggestions?
It should be working but maybe you could just tell me all the steps you did so I can spot if you forgot one or did something wrong? :)
How does your ff_post_process.ini look like? And do you use content manager? Because content manager has a bug that resets the lut settings if you don't close it after changing something.

Well figure it out! For me the e30 drift feels great!

It should be working but maybe you could just tell me all the steps you did so I can spot if you forgot one or did something wrong? :)
How does your ff_post_process.ini look like? And do you use content manager? Because content manager has a bug that resets the lut settings if you don't close it after changing something.

Well figure it out! For me the e30 drift feels great!
My ff_post_process.ini looks like this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=G25+G27+G29_NoClipButStronger_recommended.lut

I did like this:
1: Changed in game+profiler settings
2:Changed values in controls.ini file
3: Changed values in assetto_corsa.ini
4: replaced the ff_post_process.ini with the one from the zip file and double checked so all values was right.
5: put the (G25+G27+G29_NoClipButStronger_recommended.lut) in the same folder as the "ff_post_process.ini" file. (thisPC>localDisc>Users>Username>Documents>Assetto Corsa>Cfg.

And yes, im using content manager, is there any fix or should i start using the regular launcher?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.