[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=G25+G27+G29_NoClipButStronger_recommended.lut

I did like this:
1: Changed in game+profiler settings
2:Changed values in controls.ini file
3: Changed values in assetto_corsa.ini
4: replaced the ff_post_process.ini with the one from the zip file and double checked so all values was right.
5: put the (G25+G27+G29_NoClipButStronger_recommended.lut) in the same folder as the "ff_post_process.ini" file. (thisPC>localDisc>Users>Username>Documents>Assetto Corsa>Cfg.

And yes, im using content manager, is there any fix or should i start using the regular launcher?
Looks very good! In the assettocorsa.ini, gyro is set to "0"? It should be but it would be the only thing where a typo could screw everything up.

Otherwise it might be content manager. The problem is the following:
- you change the used lut from within content manager
- you run the game
- it feels wrong
- you quit the game and see that content manager is using the old lut again

- so you change it again, run the game, same crap happens..

- so you change the lut, quit content manager, run the game from the default launcher (go on track once), then quit the game and default lauchner and start content manager again.

- now cm will use the correct one. So please double check if content manager shows the correct lut and if it does, do the procedure with the default launcher.

If that won't solve the issue: do the other cars feel "correct"? Maybe the e30 needs some higher in car gain or just feels differently than other cars and that's actually "normal".
Always difficult to give support in these rare cases. I would need to drive at your place to be 100% sure :barefoot::roflmao:

Looks very good! In the assettocorsa.ini, gyro is set to "0"? It should be but it would be the only thing where a typo could screw everything up.

Otherwise it might be content manager. The problem is the following:
- you change the used lut from within content manager
- you run the game
- it feels wrong
- you quit the game and see that content manager is using the old lut again

- so you change it again, run the game, same crap happens..

- so you change the lut, quit content manager, run the game from the default launcher (go on track once), then quit the game and default lauchner and start content manager again.

- now cm will use the correct one. So please double check if content manager shows the correct lut and if it does, do the procedure with the default launcher.

If that won't solve the issue: do the other cars feel "correct"? Maybe the e30 needs some higher in car gain or just feels differently than other cars and that's actually "normal".
Always difficult to give support in these rare cases. I would need to drive at your place to be 100% sure :barefoot::roflmao:
The gyro is set to "0".
But you are right, i checked the lut and it was the old one.
If a fix this new lut (following your guide) and then run the game thrue the launcher and it works, huge diffrence! good work!
But i dont realy get how i know what "Lut" CM is using? is there a second folder that CM are using or what?
If i get it right, This would work:
1, follow the guide, get the lut/settings working.
2, run the game thrue the original launcher and enter a track
3, now i should try using CM as regular
4, double check if the lut/settings changed after using CM.
?

thanks for the help, im new to AC and got my first wheel (g27) 3 days ago :p

The gyro is set to "0".
But you are right, i checked the lut and it was the old one.
If a fix this new lut (following your guide) and then run the game thrue the launcher and it works, huge diffrence! good work!
But i dont realy get how i know what "Lut" CM is using? is there a second folder that CM are using or what?
If i get it right, This would work:
1, follow the guide, get the lut/settings working.
2, run the game thrue the original launcher and enter a track
3, now i should try using CM as regular
4, double check if the lut/settings changed after using CM.
?

thanks for the help, im new to AC and got my first wheel (g27) 3 days ago :p
All you say is correct! :)
Cm just... Uses the one that it detects when you start cm and if you change something, it will reset all changes when entering the actual game. Really strange one... But when you do the changes manually and then run the default launcher until you're on the track one time, cm will detect that changes as it's ne "detected settings".

Took me some time to figure that out!

So to be sure that cm got it right: launch cm, check config. Go on track via cm, quit ac, quit cm. Launch cm again and check if it got it right or if it changed back. If it stays the same, it will stay the same :)

All you say is correct! :)
Cm just... Uses the one that it detects when you start cm and if you change something, it will reset all changes when entering the actual game. Really strange one... But when you do the changes manually and then run the default launcher until you're on the track one time, cm will detect that changes as it's ne "detected settings".

Took me some time to figure that out!

So to be sure that cm got it right: launch cm, check config. Go on track via cm, quit ac, quit cm. Launch cm again and check if it got it right or if it changed back. If it stays the same, it will stay the same :)
Like now, the lut config works with the standard launcher so i quit the game and starts CM, go on track, and immediatly feel that CM reset the config/lut.
Sorry for being so retarded.
Would you like to write down how i should do it in ”steps”
Thank for all the help man!

Like now, the lut config works with the standard launcher so i quit the game and starts CM, go on track, and immediatly feel that CM reset the config/lut.
Sorry for being so retarded.
Would you like to write down how i should do it in ”steps”
Thank for all the help man!
Really strange one!
I tried to figure it out but for me it just works. Interestingly I can now change the LUT in CM:
upload_2018-11-19_10-41-16.png

And when I go on track via CM, it will stay like this.
However if I change it, quit CM, run CM again, it will be reset.

So I'm not really sure what to do about it. I guess you just have to try different procedures until Content Manager shows the correct one when you just start it.

Just for completion:
This setting is found at:
Content Manager -> settings at the top-right bar -> Assetto Corsa at the top-left bar -> controls -> force feedback -> scroll down

So again, with the current version of CM it seems that you can actually change the LUT now via CM, go on track, quit AC, quit CM, start CM again and it will stay. No reset anymore!

Hope you'll manage to make it stick man, sorry I can't be a better help there :cry:

Hello. I'm sorry for mb obvious question, but how to active the LUT generated file with Iracing? Where to put it and where to make those ini corrections with it?
And if U don't mind, how to read the step log test, to be a graphical representation? Thanks.

Hello. I'm sorry for mb obvious question, but how to active the LUT generated file with Iracing? Where to put it and where to make those ini corrections with it?
And if U don't mind, how to read the step log test, to be a graphical representation? Thanks.
I sadly can't help you. Don't own iracing and also have no clue about it at all. What do you mean with step log test?

Ok, nevermind with IR then)
Step log to measure the speed responce of a wheel on a signal. Or they just make manual data inputs with that logs.

Ok, nevermind with IR then)
Step log to measure the speed responce of a wheel on a signal. Or they just make manual data inputs with that logs.
I know what the step log thing is but I don't really know what it has to do with my look up tables as they are freely created curves to make the wheel feel nice. If you wanna know how they are shaped just throw them in excel and plot a diagram but that's probably not what you meant...
So.. What exactly do you want to do? :)

RasmusP,yeah just thought it can be made in auto mode. Ok, thanks then)
Ah okay! I tried the automated lut generator tool that you can find at RD too but I absolutely didn't like the feel it gave me. Mathematically correct vs testing+feeling on your own is quite a different thing when you don't know how the g27 is built on the inside.
My LUTs basically just change the "minimum force" slider to a curve that makes the wheel tight while not oscillating.
From what you say it seems that you can use LUTs for iracing too? If you want i'm open to try to help you create one. In theory my LUTs could work when you just copy & paste my values.

@Kozzion so let's start to solve your problems :)
So you don't have any force feedback at all?
This seems like somehow the ffb got switched off in general...

The problem: AC doesn't have a setting like "FFB = 0/1" so there must be something else going on.

So I'll start with everything that comes to my mind:

1. Did you have force feedback before doing what's in my guide?
    If not -> Point 2.

2. Do you have the power cable plugged into your G27? If you don't have it plugged in you can steer etc but you won't have any force feedback!
    If you pull out the usb cable and plug it back in, does your G27 start to rotate to both ends on its own??

3. Since everything is in my guide in pictures and text, I guess you have the Logitech profiler and the ingame settings like they should be?

4. If you go on track, drive out of the pits and then press the "+" on the numpad. What value gets shown at the top of your screen? It should be around 100%.

@Kozzion so let's start to solve your problems :)
So you don't have any force feedback at all?
This seems like somehow the ffb got switched off in general...

The problem: AC doesn't have a setting like "FFB = 0/1" so there must be something else going on.

So I'll start with everything that comes to my mind:

1. Did you have force feedback before doing what's in my guide?
    If not -> Point 2.

2. Do you have the power cable plugged into your G27? If you don't have it plugged in you can steer etc but you won't have any force feedback!
    If you pull out the usb cable and plug it back in, does your G27 start to rotate to both ends on its own??

3. Since everything is in my guide in pictures and text, I guess you have the Logitech profiler and the ingame settings like they should be?

4. If you go on track, drive out of the pits and then press the "+" on the numpad. What value gets shown at the top of your screen? It should be around 100%.

Hey Rasmus! Thanks for your very quickly reply and assistance!

1. I honestly don't know. When I saw that my wheel didnt match the ingame wheel in terms of rotation (i had to move my steer 5 cm to the left or right and it would make a complete 180° ingame) I immediately came to your post and started the process.

2. My steer has FFB and is plugged in. Until I go ingame and then any FFB stops.

3. Logitech and ini files should be oke. I copied your recommended profile map and placed that map into the folder.
Since my wheel was 100% correct in terms of turning ° I thought It worked, but then having no FFB that felt strange.

4. Ingame it shows 100-103%.

thanks again for your ongoing help! I gave 5 stars since its pretty Obvious that the dedication and work is there, and that its just this noobs own fault that its not working as intended :))

Hey Rasmus! Thanks for your very quickly reply and assistance!

1. I honestly don't know. When I saw that my wheel didnt match the ingame wheel in terms of rotation (i had to move my steer 5 cm to the left or right and it would make a complete 180° ingame) I immediately came to your post and started the process.

2. My steer has FFB and is plugged in. Until I go ingame and then any FFB stops.

3. Logitech and ini files should be oke. I copied your recommended profile map and placed that map into the folder.
Since my wheel was 100% correct in terms of turning ° I thought It worked, but then having no FFB that felt strange.

4. Ingame it shows 100-103%.

thanks again for your ongoing help! I gave 5 stars since its pretty Obvious that the dedication and work is there, and that its just this noobs own fault that its not working as intended :))
Very very strange then. Do you have any FFB in other games with the same Logitech profiler settings?
If so, it's Assetto related. If not, we got another problem.

Could you check the ff_post_process.ini from step 4. please?

4. open the ff_post_process.ini
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini"
set VERSION=1, TYPE=LUT, ENABLED=1, VALUE=1.0, Curve=%nameOfYourLutFile%

Maybe the value is off or the "Curve=" name is wrong for some reason?
Since there is no "ffb on/off" switch in AC as far as I know there are only 3 possibilities for no ffb:
1. wheel/logitech profiler wrong, then other games would be the same

2. gain at 0%. Overall gain in the menus or per car multiplier with numpad +/- on track. But you tested this already...

3. the ff_post_process.ini is trying to use a wrong lut-file (especially a not existing or empty lut).
Or the type, enabled or value are wrong.

Could you try what happens if you set "enabled" to "0"? This will deactivate the ff_post_process.ini completely.
You should have force feedback then! Maybe weak and not great force feedback but some force feedback at least!

I uninstalled the game and did a fresh installment. My FFB works when I turn on the computer and in windows i feel it when I turn the wheel. Then when I open AC it suddenly stops and I can move the wheel freely around.

For some strange reason now, FFB works ingame.
I will try to redo your guide and see how this works.

I do have a question about the files. you say that you need to put the the LUT into the same folder as the ff_post_process.ini!folder. I
I see when I download your package , that there are 3 files inside. Do I need to place those 2 (without the readme ofcourse) inside that folder and copy & replace the old ff_post file ?

I see there is already one LUT file wich is called Crazy1.LUT. do i need to delete this file ?

oki I redid all the steps and I got it right this time for sure. I think that I did not copy paste the LUT name correctly to put in the ff_post folder. Also I did just copy the entire folder in that CFG folder. Now i placed the LUT file directly into the CFG map.

I feel FFB now , I am too new to discover the magic of driving with your settings. I do not have any before and after feeling logically, but I am at least certain that I will learn to drive in the correct way now so you have my gratitude :D

I uninstalled the game and did a fresh installment. My FFB works when I turn on the computer and in windows i feel it when I turn the wheel. Then when I open AC it suddenly stops and I can move the wheel freely around.

For some strange reason now, FFB works ingame.
I will try to redo your guide and see how this works.

I do have a question about the files. you say that you need to put the the LUT into the same folder as the ff_post_process.ini!folder. I
I see when I download your package , that there are 3 files inside. Do I need to place those 2 (without the readme ofcourse) inside that folder and copy & replace the old ff_post file ?

I see there is already one LUT file wich is called Crazy1.LUT. do i need to delete this file ?
Okay that is good! Great stuff!

Yes, the ff_post_process.ini and the LUT file need to be in the same folder. Also the name in the ini after "curve=" need to match exactly the LUT file-name.
This is why instead of writing into the guide to rename everything etc, I simply created both files to make it drag&drop :)

The crazy.lut is there when you do a fresh install. I don't really know why they created it but anyway, you can have as many lut files in there as you want.
Only one file will be picked and used by the .ini.
this is what my file looks like in step 4

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5

[LUT]
CURVE=crazy1.lut
This is the default, yes.
So TYPE= is either "GAMMA" or "LUT" and needs to be LUT of course. Gamma is a different thing. It shapes the ffb in a curve and you select the shape of the curve via "value".

So TYPE=LUT needs to be done, "value" should be 1.0 just to make sure the LUT doesn't get shaped in a strange way.
Then the CURVE= need to match the LUT-File-Name.

And finally, "ENABLED=" needs to be "1" to activate the whole thing. At "0", the whole ff_post_process.ini is not doing anything.

oki I redid all the steps and I got it right this time for sure. I think that I did not copy paste the LUT name correctly to put in the ff_post folder. Also I did just copy the entire folder in that CFG folder. Now i placed the LUT file directly into the CFG map.

I feel FFB now , I am too new to discover the magic of driving with your settings. I do not have any before and after feeling logically, but I am at least certain that I will learn to drive in the correct way now so you have my gratitude :D

Great to hear man! :D
This is why I did the folders in the download-zip. Just drag&drop and you're good to go.
The readme for the "NoClipButStronger_recommended" thing is just to make sure you really set the game-menu "gain" to 50% instead of "100%" :)
NOT the Logitech Profiler game, just the in game gain slider.
So you have:
Logitech profiler = 100%
in game menu slider = 50%
in car multiplier (numpad +/-) = around 100% to your liking

I made a mistake, I can definitely feel the greatness, now im actually driving a car :D awesome man!!!! have a nice weekend !
Perfect :D That was a quick solving process. I was prepared to spend the whole weekend posting here. Now you can spend the whole weekend driving with nice FFB instead. Nice! :cool:

A few words about my settings vs all other or default settings:
I basically took the standard force feedback and only raised the very low forces in a curved shape.
So you have a tight feeling around the center and on straights but no "notch", "edge" when passing the center position like you have if you use the standard ingame "minimum force" :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.