RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
You literally shaved5-6 seconds off of my laptime with this config.you saved my life. i will be donating to your Paypal a token shortly
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoy it!

I don't have a PayPal donation button. I created these configs for myself and only uploaded what I had.
Reading posts like yours is enough value for me to make writing the guide worse the time :)

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoy it!

I don't have a PayPal donation button. I created these configs for myself and only uploaded what I had.
Reading posts like yours is enough value for me to make writing the guide worse the time :)
Hi @RasmusP Thanks for this got my reverb G2 and trying to use my G27. Hi guys are these settings in controls.json and profiler the same for the new lut version 1.2. im using the new v1.2 lut and want to set it up right found this ass well what should my settings be. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1958400217

And do these settings work For ACC as well im running that

Hi @RasmusP Thanks for this got my reverb G2 and trying to use my G27. Hi guys are these settings in controls.json and profiler the same for the new lut version 1.2. im using the new v1.2 lut and want to set it up right found this ass well what should my settings be. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1958400217

And do these settings work For ACC as well im running that
The LUTs aren't updated with version 1.2!
I only put the G920 LUT that some of the G920 wheels need into the pack.

So yep, all the same!

The guide you linked is from someone who asked me before writing it. It's good and you should follow it :)

The LUTs aren't updated with version 1.2!
I only put the G920 LUT that some of the G920 wheels need into the pack.

So yep, all the same!

The guide you linked is from someone who asked me before writing it. It's good and you should follow it :)
Thanks, i will follow it really appreciate your hard work

Hello! Thank you for this Im able to drift. Can i ask what you mean by "Center"? And also after editing files from te folder, do i still edit the CM setting? Im not sure if im doing it right.

Hello! Thank you for this Im able to drift. Can i ask what you mean by "Center"? And also after editing files from te folder, do i still edit the CM setting? Im not sure if im doing it right.
Hi!
Center = when you're not turning the wheel, when you're just driving straight and the wheel wants to stay "centered", in the middle.

CM:
No, CM only changes things in the files. If you do it via CM, you'll see the changes in the files, if you change the files, you will see the changes when you start CM again (don't have CM or AC open while you edit the files!)

Hope that helps?

Hi!
Center = when you're not turning the wheel, when you're just driving straight and the wheel wants to stay "centered", in the middle.

CM:
No, CM only changes things in the files. If you do it via CM, you'll see the changes in the files, if you change the files, you will see the changes when you start CM again (don't have CM or AC open while you edit the files!)

Hope that helps?
Oh okay I see. CM is still open when im trying out the LUT files. Thank you for the reply sir! Im using g27 and may i ask if this reduces its life span? The LUT files are perfect. I can drift easily now but its heating up after like 30 mins of playing.

Oh okay I see. CM is still open when im trying out the LUT files. Thank you for the reply sir! Im using g27 and may i ask if this reduces its life span? The LUT files are perfect. I can drift easily now but its heating up after like 30 mins of playing.
You can also do all the changes in CM! Or check if the things you changed in the files did really change.

About life span:
It's completely fine imo. I'm an ongoing electrical/mechanical engineer and from my basic knowledge about these things, it shouldn't harm the wheel at all!
If you would put the game without my settings to 100% and put the minimum force to maximum, the stress for the wheel would be even higher.

Logitech has limits inside their software that restricts too much force. My settings do you the maximum possible, but still within the limits from Logitech and I've never heard about G27 wheels dying :)
The only thing that can have issues with the G25 and G27 wheels is the potentiometer of the pedals.

You can also do all the changes in CM! Or check if the things you changed in the files did really change.

About life span:
It's completely fine imo. I'm an ongoing electrical/mechanical engineer and from my basic knowledge about these things, it shouldn't harm the wheel at all!
If you would put the game without my settings to 100% and put the minimum force to maximum, the stress for the wheel would be even higher.

Logitech has limits inside their software that restricts too much force. My settings do you the maximum possible, but still within the limits from Logitech and I've never heard about G27 wheels dying :)
The only thing that can have issues with the G25 and G27 wheels is the potentiometer of the pedals.
Okay sir thank you so much! Thank you for all the effort. Thank you!!

Hi Rasmusp.

Thanks for sharing your lut files and settings.

I could use some help.

I mainly play on srp servers with g29.

I have tried your recommend lut files and followed every step.

The cars while standing still and take off shakes/vibrates alot which i dont like.

I have tried lowering the first right row in lutfile and lowering the car gain with no luck.

Do you have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi,
For accelerating it might be the SLIP setting!
Slip gives wheel vibrations, when you get wheelspin or lock up under braking. Or when you slide.
So for drifting it needs to be 0%.
I like some feedback though, but yeah, rattling when accelerating from 0 km/h can be annoying.

However you're saying that it also happens while standing still... Are you driving on very large tracks? Then it's the AC big map vibration bug.
If it happens at Brands Hatch for example too, then there's something wrong.

Can you edit the first right value in the lut fiel to 0? This should get completely rid of the vibrations when standing still.

Hello , i have been using your LUT file for about 80 hours or so now and im enjoying it a lot, but i've been told today that apparently using someone elses lut file can damage your logitech wheel after a while so i wonder if you know anything about this or if its true at all.
Hi,
what's your source for this information, if I may ask?

I'll quote myself from a few posts earlier:
About life span:

So in my opinion, there's nothing to be worried about! I used my G27 for over a year with the LUT and at least 200 hours! No sign of degradation or anything.

The thing is:
No matter what you do with settings or LUT or whatever, the G27 will NEVER output more than "100%".
And the DEFAULTs for any game are mostly 100% ffb and 100% in the Logitech software so with any game at default settings, you will use the maximum of the G27!
My LUT outputs higher forces at the lower ffb levels and it also gives some slight vibration all the time.
But that's not hurting the wheel from my knowledge, since the forces are far away/below of the "normal" 100% while driving!

Hi,
what's your source for this information, if I may ask?

I'll quote myself from a few posts earlier:

So in my opinion, there's nothing to be worried about! I used my G27 for over a year with the LUT and at least 200 hours! No sign of degradation or anything.

The thing is:
No matter what you do with settings or LUT or whatever, the G27 will NEVER output more than "100%".
And the DEFAULTs for any game are mostly 100% ffb and 100% in the Logitech software so with any game at default settings, you will use the maximum of the G27!
My LUT outputs higher forces at the lower ffb levels and it also gives some slight vibration all the time.
But that's not hurting the wheel from my knowledge, since the forces are far away/below of the "normal" 100% while driving!
I met a person today that is trying out assetto for not so long (20hr-ish) and they told me that they still cannot do simple drifts after 20 hours when I was pretty good already after few hours of using your LUT, so I told him that if I had to guess he has the wheel set up wrong and after I suggested your LUT settings he told me that he is in a discord with some people which I don't know and multiple of them told him that he should use his own LUT since logitech wheels wear down if you use someone elses LUT. Not really a credible source but I thought I might as well ask since you still answer questions on this thread and you might know some more info about it.

I met a person today that is trying out assetto for not so long (20hr-ish) and they told me that they still cannot do simple drifts after 20 hours when I was pretty good already after few hours of using your LUT, so I told him that if I had to guess he has the wheel set up wrong and after I suggested your LUT settings he told me that he is in a discord with some people which I don't know and multiple of them told him that he should use his own LUT since logitech wheels wear down if you use someone elses LUT. Not really a credible source but I thought I might as well ask since you still answer questions on this thread and you might know some more info about it.
Thanks for the detailed reply!

My opinion: it's nonsense. Especially the "someone else's lut".

My luts are only a curved shaped minimum force setting, basically.
Using 15% minimum force in the game would give you the same results, but you would either still have a slightly dead center position or you would feel some "notch" when steering left and right because the min force would be slightly too high.

My lut drops the ffb smoothly when at the center and smoothly, but very tight increases the ffb.

That can't hurt the wheel at all..

If it would, then you should never play dirt rally for example. It's way rougher and intense.

The lut vodoo from lut generator is just internet nonsense too btw.
The creator never had a Logitech wheel and the wheel check is just a tool from iracing with a lot of possibilities to do with it.
Thinking a little ffb push that throws your wheel and measures the rotation it did against its motor resistance would be an accurate way to measure the ffb linearity is highly debatable.

I did my tests while driving circles on the skidpad mod track and steering more or going faster should give you linearly more ffb.
And it does with the default settings.

With a wheelcheck and lut generator created lut, it feels super weird and not smooth and linear at all.

Hope that clarifies some things :)

Last edited:
Hello, RasmusP.
Sorry for bothering you, but I'm new to the simracing world (especially in FFB wheels) and I would love to see how would all the in-game settings for my DFGT would look in the Content Manager launcher for AC. Can you show them, please?

Thank you, and take care.

Hello, RasmusP.
Sorry for bothering you, but I'm new to the simracing world (especially in FFB wheels) and I would love to see how would all the in-game settings for my DFGT would look in the Content Manager launcher for AC. Can you show them, please?

Thank you, and take care.
Hi,
here are the Screenshots for the settings one of my friends is using with his DFGT, that I did set up and created the DFGT Lut while driving his wheel.

The damper gain only changes the strength of this "rubber" simulation while standing still and rolling very slowly.
With my Fanatec wheel it feels like "rubber", but with any Logitech wheel, it feels like sand in the ffb motors, so I put it to 0% with Logitech wheels.

AC does NOT send anything else through the damper ffb channel.
Dirt Rally for example uses the damper ffb channel for "wheel weight" and "tyre weight" afaik so I never put the damper ffb channel to 0% in the Logitech profiler.

DFGT_CM_Axis.JPG

DFGT_CM_Settings.JPG

Do you need anything more? :)

Hi,
here are the Screenshots for the settings one of my friends is using with his DFGT, that I did set up and created the DFGT Lut while driving his wheel.

The damper gain only changes the strength of this "rubber" simulation while standing still and rolling very slowly.
With my Fanatec wheel it feels like "rubber", but with any Logitech wheel, it feels like sand in the ffb motors, so I put it to 0% with Logitech wheels.

AC does NOT send anything else through the damper ffb channel.
Dirt Rally for example uses the damper ffb channel for "wheel weight" and "tyre weight" afaik so I never put the damper ffb channel to 0% in the Logitech profiler.

View attachment 466762

View attachment 466763

Do you need anything more? :)
You are a legend, thank you for being kind and reply!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.