RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey :)

Depending on the LUT, I used either 50% or 100% for the overall gain in the menu.
Then when in the car, using numpad +/- , I start with 100% and then go up and down until the center of the wheel feels perfect.

Too high and you'll get a "notch", too low and you'll get a deadzone/hole in the center. Just dial it in until it's smooth.

My lowest car was around 60% I think and the highest car about 140%. So feel free to dial in whatever you want! I wouldn't go below 50 or above 150 though.. Then there's something wrong somewhere :p

when you say centre of wheel feels perfect, is that while stationery or while driving?

when you say centre of wheel feels perfect, is that while stationery or while driving?
While driving!!!
Stationary is not great in ac with a Logitech wheel.. Only noise and ugly rumbling resistance etc.
Drive at normal speed on a straight and do some left right turning. Should be smooth, when perfectly dialed in :)

I've now gone and tried out so many different LUTS I don't even remember what FFB is meant to feel like now lol.

My 3080 arrived today aswell, so in for an evening of AC in VR with all the eye candy :)

Last edited:
Hello again

I feel disappointed to be honest. After playing for a long time ACC with your lut and all (discussed here a page before) I replayed a bit of old assetto corsa with a friend who bought a VR and wanted to test.

To my unpleasant surprize the feedback on assetto corsa with G29 is SO MUCH BETTER than ACC... the experience was as it should be. felt every kerb, over and understeer.

Then i fired up ACC, same track same car almost.. dead. the wheel is dead really. thats so bad. I talked to friends who have G25-27-29 and they report the same. Seems like this game needs a better wheel from what they say (minimum t300rs lets say - belt driven)

Thats all. Felt like sharing :( i think i ll stick to assetto corsa for now.

Hey mate I hope you're doing well
Like I said earlier I'm using the recommended lut with 50% gain, the wheel feels a little bit too light on the first degrees of rotation and whenever I try to put the ffb with the + and - on the game it just became like very reactive like car can do sideways pretty easily, if you can help me it will be really nice!

This sounds like the curve is strong enough overall but not around the center.
Is your wheel shaking when driving straight?

Is it the same with all cars or is this with one specific car?

Do you feel/hear the rattling when standing still? Do you think you would be OK with a bit more rattling?

I'm asking this because I can make you a bit tighter lut around the center. Just don't want to make it too tight or you end up with a shaking and rattling like crazy wheel.

Is the sensitivity in the Logitech software set to 50% and rotation to 900?

When driving straight the wheel feels really really loose in the first degrees but no shaking (The only time it shakes is when I'm starting the car in first gear)

It happens with all the cars unfortunately

Actually the only rattlings I have are really brief like only 2 or 3 secondes in first gear like I said in the first sentence, to be more precise too, the wheel is really loose around the first quarter of the wheel circle and it became hard after it, but if you think that could help with a tighter Lut in the center I will be very happy with it specially if there is no crazy shaking

Sensivity is set to 50 and degrees are 900 (I also put Slide effect kerb etc to 0 so I won't feel lot of effect and shaking on the wheel abs is 21 %)

Thanks for your fast answer

This sounds more like the lut is not active to be honest.
Maybe there's something wrong with the settings?
Are you using content manager or the standard launcher?

It really seems like the lut isn't working at all. 1/4 of rotation being "dead" is not withing "tolerance of different wheels"...

I'm actually using the content manager but I did all the steps, I don't know if I missed something, I changed controls, assetto corsa ini, put the lut file with that other file in documents, anything I didn't do well you think mate?

I'm actually using the content manager but I did all the steps, I don't know if I missed something, I changed controls, assetto corsa ini, put the lut file with that other file in documents, anything I didn't do well you think mate?

Please look at the attached picture here from content manager.
Do you see the LUT graph in content manager?
When using content manager you don't need to change files. Just configure everything in content manager

OK...stuck on step 1...lol. Profiler?? In the Logitec program? Where? and I don't understand the german in the pic. Help...yes, I am dumb.
What wheel do you have exactly?

G29 and g920 don't have the profiler anymore.

For these wheels you have a different program but don't need to change anything from default so don't worry!

The guide is kinda "complicated" but in theory you only need to do this:

Download the zip, open it, go into the folder with "recommended".

Put the 2 files in that folder into:
...documents\assetto corsa\cfg

Put the ffb gain in the menu to 50% and the min force to 0%.

Everything else to your liking and that's it. :)

Hello! Merry christmass! I have installed everything like you said, went in game, did the settings, went out made all the configs as well, i imported the ff file and the LUT into the same folder, and everything is perfect! The thing is, after a while, like 1 or 2 minutes of playing, all of the force feedback dissapears! I will be driving, and all of a sudden i have 0 FFB! The game still works and plays normally, it's just that i have this issue. And then when i restart the game, sometimes i have it back for a minute again, and some other times i don't. I am using a g29, and i am playing with content manager.

EDIT: After a bit more testing, i realized that my ffb setting change on their own, and they change dynamically, like i will be driving and the ffb setting (50) was 0 and this is why i had no ffb. After i changed it to 50 from the ingame editor, i clicked save, and then i had it open, it would go from 50 to 30 and when i changed car and track it was to 133. Did i do something wrong or not i don't get it.

Last edited:
Hello! Merry christmass! I have installed everything like you said, went in game, did the settings, went out made all the configs as well, i imported the ff file and the LUT into the same folder, and everything is perfect! The thing is, after a while, like 1 or 2 minutes of playing, all of the force feedback dissapears! I will be driving, and all of a sudden i have 0 FFB! The game still works and plays normally, it's just that i have this issue. And then when i restart the game, sometimes i have it back for a minute again, and some other times i don't. I am using a g29, and i am playing with content manager.

EDIT: After a bit more testing, i realized that my ffb setting change on their own, and they change dynamically, like i will be driving and the ffb setting (50) was 0 and this is why i had no ffb. After i changed it to 50 from the ingame editor, i clicked save, and then i had it open, it would go from 50 to 30 and when i changed car and track it was to 133. Did i do something wrong or not i don't get it.
Do you have the app "ffb clip" installed? That changes ffb but normally it wouldn't go down to 0%...
Apart from the ffb clip app, I think sidekick can reduce ffb if clipping but normally it won't.
Not sure if content manager or the ffb extension from csp (custom shader patch) have a setting for ffb level/strength that could be bugged?

Do you have the app "ffb clip" installed? That changes ffb but normally it wouldn't go down to 0%...
Apart from the ffb clip app, I think sidekick can reduce ffb if clipping but normally it won't.
Not sure if content manager or the ffb extension from csp (custom shader patch) have a setting for ffb level/strength that could be bugged?
I do have ffb clib enabled, should i remove it? Maybe something is bugged from my side, but i went into the ff file, made it read only, and i think it's okay for now. I never got the chance to say i thank you for this by the way, insane work you've done. One last thing, there is a tiny clipping going on whenever i change surface, like from grass to tarmac, and from tarmac to climbing a sidewalk or something. Is it normal? It's very little so it's not annoying but sometimes it triggers me xD

I do have ffb clib enabled, should i remove it? Maybe something is bugged from my side, but i went into the ff file, made it read only, and i think it's okay for now. I never got the chance to say i thank you for this by the way, insane work you've done. One last thing, there is a tiny clipping going on whenever i change surface, like from grass to tarmac, and from tarmac to climbing a sidewalk or something. Is it normal? It's very little so it's not annoying but sometimes it triggers me xD
Yes please just remove ffb clip!

Clipping isn't always bad! It's a bit complicated but you can imagine it like music production.
No clipping = classical orchestra live. Sometimes very quiet, sometimes very loud!
If you just put a microphone somewhere in the room to record it and then listen to it at home, you won't hear the solo violin and everything will be way too loud when the whole orchestra plays.

A nicely clipping ffb is like a modern pop song. Basically always the same volume/loudness but you still hear a dynamic between the intro and the chorus towards the end.
It's heavily compressed!

Now ffb contains 2 things:
Strength and left/right.
Clipping only cuts off the strength over a certain limit but the left/right information will still be there!

With a kinda "weak" wheel like a Logitech, you need to have the low signals (quiet violin) to be kinda loud to even notice that they are there!

You need to find a level where for example hitting a sausage kerb while being at the grip limit will be cut off and clipping but at the same time you can feel the car when driving normal corners.

And I have to say: the default ffb strength of 100% does this very well! As that's the default from the developers!

When you have a very good wheel like a direct drive, it's like having your own concert location. So you can use very low ffb levels with no clipping and still notice the little things.
But a Logitech wheel is like an iPhone speaker. Only modern pop songs will sound good so you need a constant level and not too low signals!

My lut does a good job at getting the iPhone speaker to sound nice over the full range but you still need a good level. And some clipping will be there, while not being bad!

That's why I recommend to use my lut (which boosts the ffb to 150%) and 50% gain in the game menu.
100% for the in-car gain.

This will result in 75% overall gain, so some clipping but not that much. I boosted the low forces to get rid of the dead center.

Now an important part:
Remove ffb clip, start with the 50% menu gain and 100% car gain and then drive some chicane style left and right.
Increase or decrease the ffb for each car (numpad + and -) until the center feels as smooth as possible.
Don't look at the clipping!!

Just go higher or lower for each car until driving left and right will feel perfect for the center position and then you'll have the perfect level :)

For Assetto Corsa Competizione, which one do you recommend for Luts?

By the way, which is your favorite?

The attached image was how you used it on Logitech Profiler and Assetto Corsa ??

Attachments

• 140157093_1142003682923951_2119074784514393841_n.png
    140157093_1142003682923951_2119074784514393841_n.png
    584.2 KB · Views: 76
For Assetto Corsa Competizione, which one do you recommend for Luts?

By the way, which is your favorite?

The attached image was how you used it on Logitech Profiler and Assetto Corsa ??
Hi,
sadly I can't really answer the question (which is why I didn't upload another Guide for ACC).
I bought a Fanatec CSW wheel before ACC implemented the possibility to use LUTs.

From others I've heard that the "recommended" LUT with 50% gain would work just as nicely in ACC as it does in AC.

I see you're using 50% gain so I guess you're using the recommended LUT?
I heard that ACC can be a bit more stiff and brutal so if you wanna try something else, I would probably use the "normal center" LUT, since that LUT isn't as stiff and tight as the others.

You need to set the gain to 100% with the normal center LUT though!

The rest of your settings look good!

Btw:
Spring: is not used by any modern game. So 0% or 100% does not matter at all.

Damper: this ffb channel is only used for the "standing still rubber effect". But it's awful in AC and ACC on Logitech wheels so I put the damper to 0%.

With my Fanatec wheel however, this standing still resistance feels very awesome and like real life! So I have spring + damper at 100% with my fanatec wheel.

As far as I know "Dynamic Damping is part of the normal FFB channel in ACC. So the damper slider doesn't change this.

I would lower it to 50% though, the Logitech wheels are a bit too weak to be damped so much.

Road effects at 10% looks good, don't go higher or you'll get too much vibration and noise to feel the tyres.

And I have absolutely no clue what the correct Hz setting for the Logitech wheels is.. sorry

Hi,
sadly I can't really answer the question (which is why I didn't upload another Guide for ACC).
I bought a Fanatec CSW wheel before ACC implemented the possibility to use LUTs.

From others I've heard that the "recommended" LUT with 50% gain would work just as nicely in ACC as it does in AC.

I see you're using 50% gain so I guess you're using the recommended LUT?
I heard that ACC can be a bit more stiff and brutal so if you wanna try something else, I would probably use the "normal center" LUT, since that LUT isn't as stiff and tight as the others.

You need to set the gain to 100% with the normal center LUT though!

The rest of your settings look good!

Btw:
Spring: is not used by any modern game. So 0% or 100% does not matter at all.

Damper: this ffb channel is only used for the "standing still rubber effect". But it's awful in AC and ACC on Logitech wheels so I put the damper to 0%.

With my Fanatec wheel however, this standing still resistance feels very awesome and like real life! So I have spring + damper at 100% with my fanatec wheel.

As far as I know "Dynamic Damping is part of the normal FFB channel in ACC. So the damper slider doesn't change this.

I would lower it to 50% though, the Logitech wheels are a bit too weak to be damped so much.

Road effects at 10% looks good, don't go higher or you'll get too much vibration and noise to feel the tyres.

And I have absolutely no clue what the correct Hz setting for the Logitech wheels is.. sorry

Hello Rasmus.

I've already been in the ACC folder, and I can't find those files you mention for Assetto Corsa 1: \\.

Attention The image attached in the comment above was not mine. I put these in the Logitech Profiler that are attached now, which I think was yours at the time. is that correct?

Attachments

• ramusp.jpg
    ramusp.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 60

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering