[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,

Does this apply to all tracks? If yes, only in specific corners?

I used to have frequent issues with aggressive AI, even at level 0 in CM (and without RARE enabled).

In most cases, it's the exaggerated or missing "ai_hints.ini" files to blame (in the data folder of the track).

Most tracks lack this file, and by default, the AI seems to drive at 110%.

For testing purposes, try creating an "ai_hints.ini" file and insert the following:

[HINT_0]
START=0
END=1
VALUE=0.8

Then save and close it.

The 'Value' here represents the strength and/or aggressiveness in percentage between the Start and End points.

You can create virtually endless points, one for each corner.

It's important to number everything correctly, so after [HINT_0], there should be [HINT_1], and make sure the Start and End points do not overlap.

Additionally, if you're already using a RARE layout, remember that the "ai_hints.ini" file should also be placed in the data folder of the RARE layouts
Little Correction: The default ai_hints works with 90 or 100 , not 110 %! Iam not sure!

Last edited:
yea I also made the Ai fill their tanks to the brim and I am currently running Ai strength at 95%.
Tyre wear I have changed to 1.5 and they must pit when tyres are at 91% as Assetto Corsa's Tyre wear indicators are not accurate.. I mean you start slipping everywhere when the tyres are at 90%?

This basically forces Ai to pit at least once a race of 25 laps.
I have my tire wear set at 1 but I run longish races (30+ laps) so at least one pit stop for the race is fine for me.. and yes 91% tyre wear is perfect, I also noticed that running RARE with anything less than 95% strength the AI does stupid things on startup, like running into walls, so i run that on 100% but my overall difficulty is set at 90%, which makes qualifying a bit easier without these ridiculous times set by AI.

What track are you racing at? In my experience I have found that anywhere from 35% to 50% tire wear for the ai to pit seems to work. Fuel I have no idea about since I usually just turn off fuel consumption for modern F1 cars. And as far as ai strength, I usually just do a few 2-3 lap races until I find the number that works best.
I run championships so I race full seasons on all the tracks. I like the Fuel managements because I have noticed that running full tanks vs empty ones the times do differ but I set the AI to fill up on races to keep with standard F1 rules.

I tried the app and "it works" but it completely broke ai level.
First of all, thanks A LOT for your job.

I was looking for a "realistic DRS" and it works but the ai level is broken.

I'm used to race against F1 custom grid with ballast and unique ai level to have some realistic results in qualification (and in race), it works well.
When the app is ON the AI is like running @ 100%, i tried to activate/desactivate AI option in the app, modify the level, quit, restart ten times different AI config/option.

Is it possibile to release a very very light version of this mod than only allow a realistic use of the DRS ?

Thank you !

I tried the app and "it works" but it completely broke ai level.
First of all, thanks A LOT for your job.

I was looking for a "realistic DRS" and it works but the ai level is broken.

I'm used to race against F1 custom grid with ballast and unique ai level to have some realistic results in qualification (and in race), it works well.
When the app is ON the AI is like running @ 100%, i tried to activate/desactivate AI option in the app, modify the level, quit, restart ten times different AI config/option.

Is it possibile to release a very very light version of this mod than only allow a realistic use of the DRS ?

Thank you !
Hi, I'm familiar with the issue; despite adjusting the individual AI strength setting, trying to adjust the Strength scale with +-x doesn't have any effect, but it did ensure that the AI gets its correct individual strength and no longer remains at 100%.

Hi, I'm familiar with the issue; despite adjusting the individual AI strength setting, trying to adjust the Strength scale with +-x doesn't have any effect, but it did ensure that the AI gets its correct individual strength and no longer remains at 100%.
hi my friend , and thanks for your helping , as you see on the pic , i made many grids like this with every hybrid fomula i have from every year , when i open the rare simply bypass my strenght settings and everybody became much faster than me . when i select a car i put on me the ballast from the team and i delete the driver who i take , i am slow driver , i am about 89% from ai .
i ask for a rare app only with drs rules , i am not complain , this brilliant app its free , but i cant race with rare , if i find a solution i make a donation too , i want to make donations because i want devs to keep AC alive .

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (3).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (3).png
    80.4 KB · Views: 77
hi my friend , and thanks for your helping , as you see on the pic , i made many grids like this with every hybrid fomula i have from every year , when i open the rare simply bypass my strenght settings and everybody became much faster than me . when i select a car i put on me the ballast from the team and i delete the driver who i take , i am slow driver , i am about 89% from ai .
i ask for a rare app only with drs rules , i am not complain , this brilliant app its free , but i cant race with rare , if i find a solution i make a donation too , i want to make donations because i want devs to keep AC alive .
We all request a simple DRS app in fact :D

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

Incoming Update This Weekend

Hi all, I’ve been AWOL while I was working on the VRC Formula Alpha 2023… but now I’m finally back.

I’ve been reading through the discussion board and I’m taking notes of the issues people have been having.
This weekend I’ll try and get a hotfix out that will fix some issues I’ve seem to be widespread, especially on the preview versions of CSP. I’ll also have a some performance optimization coming alongside the bug fixes.

For those of you that are struggling to use the compound color...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

Compound Color Correction for VRC Formula Alpha 2023

Since the VRC Formula Alpha 2023 and 2022 cars have their tyre textures in a zip file, the RARE config file for these cars need to have the string "tyre_textures.zip::" before the rest of the tyre texture name. Also be sure to not have ".dds" in your config.

You can update the config outside of using the in game config menu by opening the config file in RARE\configs\vrc_formula_alpha_2023_csp.ini

Then update these fields with the following

INI:
[COMPOUND_DEFAULTS]
SOFT_COMPOUND=1...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi everyone!
I like to run GT and WEC style championships, with 15-25 laps per race (depending on the track lenght, I try to go 150km) but I can't make it to work on championships, despite that I'm using all the RARE layouts. I also get an error at the beginning of the race (can't figure it out what the log says bc of the tiny red font on the RARE debug window). Image attached.

I only use the tyre pit function with the tyre treshold between 55-60 % and the tyre wear x4 on CM, but still can't make the AI to make pit stops on my championships. When launching a single race, the app works tho.

Any suggestion or someone who has encounter the same issue?

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 88 70.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages