[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Downgrading CSP is not feasible as the latest version of pure requires CSP 346.
I'm using rare v1.2.0.0-preview650, the cars crash at the start, but just restart the race once and that's it. The rare version v1.2.0.0-preview800 does not work with the latest graphics settings, so I downgraded rare.

Hey everyone,

Has anyone been able to figure out how to work around an “AI pits every lap” type bug? I’m doing WEC/IMSA style races and the LMP2s have now taken it upon themselves to pit every lap. I’ve tried reinstalling the mod (Yzd Oreca LMP2), and using two different tracks (Monza ORSW and lilski Watkins Glen), still no fix. The Hypercars and the GT3s work just fine, so odd this is just with the P2s. This issue just happened last week. Could there be something that I could look at by unpacking the car or am I going to have to look into another LMP2? Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Has anyone been able to figure out how to work around an “AI pits every lap” type bug? I’m doing WEC/IMSA style races and the LMP2s have now taken it upon themselves to pit every lap. I’ve tried reinstalling the mod (Yzd Oreca LMP2), and using two different tracks (Monza ORSW and lilski Watkins Glen), still no fix. The Hypercars and the GT3s work just fine, so odd this is just with the P2s. This issue just happened last week. Could there be something that I could look at by unpacking the car or am I going to have to look into another LMP2? Thanks!
Hey,

Thanks for the report, I'll try some multiclass racing and see.

What RARE and CSP version are you on?

Last edited:
Hey,

Thanks for the report, I'll try some multiclass racing and see.

What RARE and CSP version are you on?
No worries! I think it’s the car, as I got the URD LMP2 (Loire 07) and it seems to work just fine. I haven’t tried racing it with other classes but I’m almost certain it’ll be fine. I can still edit this post with the RARE/CSP version if you wish.

It’s just odd that it would suddenly do this with only a certain car. I might try and poke around and see about resolving it when I get some time to help anyone else that might have this problem in the future. Appreciate your reply though!

Preview800 does not allow you to choose the soft tire, only the AI can use them. I'm using csp v0.1.80-preview442. It seems like some trouble with pirelli rules as preview650 works.

Is possible to force AI to use 2 types of compound during the race? AI use always medium compound and it changes the same compound at the pit stop.
Is possible to add this feature as the real rules?
Thanks a lot

Is possible to force AI to use 2 types of compound during the race? AI use always medium compound and it changes the same compound at the pit stop.
Is possible to add this feature as the real rules?
Thanks a lot
That shouldn't actually be the case, for me they change the tire compound even without certain tire rules.

Hi,

I was just checking in to see if there was any progress getting RARE working on Race Weekends. I prefer a Weekend format with a short Practice and Quali session, which the RARE layouts still do not support.

I am amazed at what this app can do, but I find myself using the RARE layouts rarely (!) because of this restriction. I'd love to implement the (semi) mandatory tyre change in the F2 and Endurance events I run.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

I'm having a problem where Rare doesn't work. I installed manually but nothing shows up in the app windows in AC and the button to turn on doesn't appear. In Lua debug, it says that "onSessionStart" is nil and shows another line 27 error, but I don't know how to fix this. How can I make it work?

I'm having a problem where Rare doesn't work. I installed manually but nothing shows up in the app windows in AC and the button to turn on doesn't appear. In Lua debug, it says that "onSessionStart" is nil and shows another line 27 error, but I don't know how to fix this. How can I make it work?
This is a screenshot of the problem in Lua Debug
1698875929937.png

I believe that is too low of a CSP version, check the main page of the mod. The minimum version code is 2144, yours is probably lower than that.
Where do I find the version code of my installed version of CSP? If my version is indeed too low, is there an older version of RARE that is compatible that I can find somewhere?

View attachment 704641
Shaders Patch version ID

And no, I have never supported any CSP version below 1.79 2144.
I'm now on version 2501 and everything seems to be working. I just have one last question which is is it possible to display both the RARE config window and the Setup Exchange window at once? My Setup Exchange has disappeared and been replaced by the RARE window. If not, it's not a big deal, but it would just be nice to have.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back