[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi everyone, I need help. When I start the game, it shows me ''error has occured'' and also I cannot find any RARE settings menu. Please how can I solve this?

check the debug window

I can't make the red inject button appear. The mod is showing up on the apps list while in session, but once I select RARE (the first one, not debug/settings), nothing happens while racing or when I go back to setup screen/pits. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? ty

in-game menu where you change car setup - the first one that shows up after start and you click "drive" - there you inject RARE. just remember next time to select the version of track that has RARE in the name.

Guys, now I have other problem. In the setup menu I cannot find the button to inject RARE and debug with settings are completely empty. How can I solve this please?
acs 2023-06-27 11-32-01.png

Guys, now I have other problem. In the setup menu I cannot find the button to inject RARE and debug with settings are completely empty. How can I solve this please?View attachment 675113
in-game menu where you change car setup - the first one that shows up after start and you click "drive" - there you inject RARE. just remember next time to select the version of track that has RARE in the name.

Great addition to the game,any chance when this will be available for weekends too? Thanks
It already is although @Schmawlik probably doesn't know about this workaround - you just need to open compounds.lua file when the game ends the quali session and waits on setup screen to start the race, add a space in the lua file, delete said space, and save the file. This causes the script to reload and sets compounds for AI.

It is the only way I found the script to work properly with full race weekends as Assetto Corsa does not refresh the lua scripts after a session ends. (yes I discovered this on my own when editing the files)

It already is although @Schmawlik probably doesn't know about this workaround - you just need to open compounds.lua file when the game ends the quali session and waits on setup screen to start the race, add a space in the lua file, delete said space, and save the file. This causes the script to reload and sets compounds for AI.

It is the only way I found the script to work properly with full race weekends as Assetto Corsa does not refresh the lua scripts after a session ends. (yes I discovered this on my own when editing the files)
Great thanks,what if I don't start the race straight after qualy but i will close thea game down and restart it later or the day after still have to open compounds.lua and go through all the motion as described by you?

Great thanks,what if I don't start the race straight after qualy but i will close thea game down and restart it later or the day after still have to open compounds.lua and go through all the motion as described by you?

possibly yes, I never closed the game down at this point and don't know if you can restore it later with exact same starting grid

I haven't tried this yet as I'm new to AC but does this bring the 3 practices and real qualy as well? (Q1,q2 and Q3).
Also will it work with drive as Oscar piastri 2023 championship by geraint thomas?
Thanks

I haven't tried this yet as I'm new to AC but does this bring the 3 practices and real qualy as well? (Q1,q2 and Q3).
Also will it work with drive as Oscar piastri 2023 championship by geraint thomas?
Thanks
Ciao Alessio, no the Qualify will stay one single run.
regarding Geraint's championship it is a while I am trying to get RARE app working with that but I still see a lot of strange behavioures. I am not sure if because RARE is in conflict with that championship or just becasue RARE is not yet designed for a complete weekend of race ...
Hope I have been helpfull, the app is very smart, but still need some improvement in my opinion.

regarding Geraint's championship it is a while I am trying to get RARE app working with that but I still see a lot of strange behavioures. I am not sure if because RARE is in conflict with that championship or just becasue RARE is not yet designed for a complete weekend of race ...
Hope I have been helpfull, the app is very smart, but still need some improvement in my opinion.
Ciao Gianni, thanks for your reply, hopefully soon the qualy will be like the real F1 too.
Thanks

Was wondering the same about using RARE with Geraint's champ. Thanks for the info. I wanted so bad to apply DRS rules to that, it's a shame. Such two awesome mods tho

You should learn the difference between "asking" and "complaining", and other things besides, but this is not the right forum for that.

So you should learn to read. RARE has a github repository, you can basically keep up with what thing Schmawlik has prepared recently for next update. And looking at dates there, you are in the wrong, not us.

Plus one basic thing, people have private life, you know.

Last edited:
So you should learn to read. RARE has a github repository, you can basically keep up with what thing Schmawlik has prepared recently for next update. And looking at dates there, you are in the wrong, not us.

Plus one basic thing, people have private life, you know.

I'm not looking to be right, it was a simple question. My idea was to participate in the patreon but I couldn't find if once it went to patreon and github, if the project had continued in development... that's why I was asking.

It is curious the level of aggressiveness that some of you develop over a simple question. And as I said before, this is not the place to deal with the problems you may have when you don't understand the difference between a question and a complaint.

Regards

Last edited:
Might be a dumb question, but what are the steps to force a compound change in general? I see you can restrict compounds for F1 but not seeing where you can force AI to use two different tyre sets. I’m looking to use this with the RSS Americas 2020 Road, for a race at Long Beach (for AI to use at least one Soft/Hard like irl)

I see in the debug compound change is false, so I think it’s possible? I could very well be overlooking something. Thanks in advance!

Might be a dumb question, but what are the steps to force a compound change in general? I see you can restrict compounds for F1 but not seeing where you can force AI to use two different tyre sets. I’m looking to use this with the RSS Americas 2020 Road, for a race at Long Beach (for AI to use at least one Soft/Hard like irl)

I see in the debug compound change is false, so I think it’s possible? I could very well be overlooking something. Thanks in advance!
the code responsible for this is in ai.lua, getNextTyreCompound

Last edited:
Hi to all, does anybody know if RARE is changing the grid preset I insert in a weekend setting, using the opponent strength and the ballast of each AI driver? I am struggling to understand why while I use RARE the results of each drivers is very different to the grid I setup for the weekend.
Is there any file I can check what RARE is touching, if any?

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 167 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 111 44.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 46.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.9%
Back