Randomized Pilots

A simple executable that generates a Drivers.txt with randomized drivers, with the option of generating random staff as well
Features:
- Full Randomization: Every stat is randomized: Names, Skills, Traits, Nationalities, Ages, Aspect, etc
- Gameplay Keeper: Every team will get pilots according to their rank. You ll always have 4*+ pilots on the top teams and they will get worse on lower ranks teams, all the way to Predator Racing.
- Lore Friendly: Teams with certain descriptions will maintain those features. A team that claims to have young talented pilots will have exactly that, or if you choose Silva racing for example, drivers will always be Brazilian/Portuguese, and they will be fighting each other as the game begins.
-Realistic: Nothing is left to chance: Young pilots will be more likely to have potential, and more stars to gain compared to older pilots, appearence will be matching their race, etc
-Balanced: Pilots that requires higher tiers of scouting facilities will be on average better. Pilots available from the beginning of the game with no facilities will have no chances of being spawned in a Rodriguez-like fashion, with high stats and high marketability at the same time. No more overpowered drivers.
-Fully Compatible: you should be able to safely use this with any other mod, just follow the setup guide using your modded resource.assets
-Staff Randomization
-Customizable

Download
http://www.filedropper.com/mmrandomizer13beta3

This tool has been tested for quite a bit from several people, but feel free to report any bugs/imperfection if you find one! Any feedback/suggestion is always welcome!

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
In order to use this in your game you need to download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and load Drivers.txt in your resources.assets
dl from here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor

step by step:
Run MSM_Randomizer.exe, press Generate Files, this will generate a file called RandomPilots.txt in the same folder
Download and Run AssetBundleExtractor.exe
browse into your Motorsport Manager folder, go into MM_Data, find resources.assets, and make a copy of it anywhere you want.
Select File->Open, select the copy of resources.assets you made
select menu View->Search by name->type in "Drivers"
select Drivers (DRIVERS, not Driver) on the list, click Plugins -> Import from txt -> select RandomDriver.txt generated before. (do the same with Engineers and Mechanics for staff randomization)
File->Save into Motorsport Manager/MM_Data folder

Last edited:
Hi Eddie really like it. The program creates more free drivers the game itself in the game, which is great.

- When we start a new Create your own team game the drivers that our team gets doesn't change at the moment. And that is because those drivers use a different .txt file. The file name is 'Create Team Drivers.txt'. Here is the file, if you need it.

- Also there is one bug I found so far. The highlighted driver (Asuman) is a only Single Seater Racer. But she is on a GT team. When I click her to see her stats, it opens but few seconds later the game shuts itself. At first I tought that was the problem. But then I tried out on other drivers and this happened only when I try to look at some GT drivers. I can look at the drivers in Formula teams, no problem. But when I try it on GT teams drivers the game shutdowns after a few second.

- Also when generating drivers, you could also give them random traits too. Having always the same driver traits even when there name changes kills the mood after sometime. Just a suggestion.

Attachments

• Create Team Drivers.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Wrong League.jpg
    Wrong League.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 190
Hi Eddie really like it. The program creates more free drivers the game itself in the game, which is great.

- When we start a new Create your own team game the drivers that our team gets doesn't change at the moment. And that is because those drivers use a different .txt file. The file name is 'Create Team Drivers.txt'. Here is the file, if you need it.

- Also there is one bug I found so far. The highlighted driver (Asuman) is a only Single Seater Racer. But she is on a GT team. When I click her to see her stats, it opens but few seconds later the game shuts itself. At first I tought that was the problem. But then I tried out on other drivers and this happened only when I try to look at some GT drivers. I can look at the drivers in Formula teams, no problem. But when I try it on GT teams drivers the game shutdowns after a few second.

- Also when generating drivers, you could also give them random traits too. Having always the same driver traits even when there name changes kills the mood after sometime. Just a suggestion.

new version:
http://www.filedropper.com/mmrandomizer13beta2

- The additional file for the user created team drivers can be easly done, will be there on the final release, lets fix bugs first

- I fixed the division eligibilities, there will not be anymore drivers assigned into the wrong divisions. Check if the game still crashes please

- What do you mean? Drivers do have random traits, beside some who have them fixed, just to stay loyal to team desc when you are picking it (example, Steinmann have Ego problems and both wants to win). Very few drivers have fixed traits, 95% of them all random, and 100% of the free drivers have random traits

thx again for the feedback, very appreciated!

If anyone else is willing to help all you need to do is test the new releases and give feedbacks, and we can make this happen :D
the more people partecipates, the faster is going to be, thanks ;)

I've actually posted the "Drivers.txt" earlier, but whatevs.

Thanks for updating this btw. ^_^

EDIT: I've just noticed that Rafael Rodrigues isn't in the database while he's mentioned in the team description. I hope you can fix that.

sorry I am only reading this now for some reason ^^

you sure have keen observation, noticing that Rodriguez is missing :D. He is the only one i decided to ignore from all team desc, on purpose :p

reason: he is too famous, and the idea of having him in would somewhat give a less feeling of randomization: "oh look there is Rodriguez, no need to scout anymore".
Now the hardcore user would still know which team and which seat Rodriguez would be and who is the random guy replacing him, but without mantaining the name the casual user would avoid randomly bumping into him sometime down the line. Either way his stats and traits would be completely randomized anyway, so no big deal really, he is just going to be a guy like another, stats wise. But even then just a random guy named "Rodriguez" might be enough to give a false feeling of "no need to scout, cos Rodri is here", and i wanted to avoid that.

I doubt he would be getting the same level of fame as he did before in this new version as he is not free as the game starts, even without randomization.
You could say Rodriguez is the main reason why i made this mod in the first place, just to exterminate him :p

You guys think i should put him in?
I could give him 0 marketability, terrible stats and a bunch of bad traits, just as a joke ^^

Last edited:
- I fixed the division eligibilities, there will not be anymore drivers assigned into the wrong divisions. Check if the game still crashes please

Nope, so far no more crashes. :thumbsup:

- What do you mean? Drivers do have random traits, beside some who have them fixed, just to stay loyal to team desc when you are picking it (example, Steinmann have Ego problems and both wants to win). Very few drivers have fixed traits, 95% of them all random, and 100% of the free drivers have random traits

No problem with the free ones. I some how always choose Predator or Archer. And whenever I choose Archer one driver had the Racer+Hate Team Orders Trait always, but I get what you mean with staying loyal to team desc. ;)

I know I asked you about this before but I just wanted to know more (The Nationalities). There is a Regen Nationality Weight.txt file. Every nation has a number (USA and UK have 600, a lot of other countries have just 1) and I can adjust it so that the regen drivers nationalities are more wider in range. But what about the start of the game. Does your randomizer choose drivers from a specific pool? Is there a file for starting drivers nationality chance? Could you make it so that all nations (maybe not same % but at least closer) chance to generate a driver at the start?

sorry I am only reading this now for some reason ^^

you sure have keen observation, noticing that Rodriguez is missing :D. He is the only one i decided to ignore from all team desc, on purpose :p

reason: he is too famous, and the idea of having him in would somewhat give a less feeling of randomization: "oh look there is Rodriguez, no need to scout anymore".
Now the hardcore user would still know which team and which seat Rodriguez would be and who is the random guy replacing him, but without mantaining the name the casual user would avoid randomly bumping into him sometime down the line. Either way his stats and traits would be completely randomized anyway, so no big deal really, he is just going to be a guy like another, stats wise. But even then just a random guy named "Rodriguez" might be enough to give a false feeling of "no need to scout, cos Rodri is here", and i wanted to avoid that.

I doubt he would be getting the same level of fame as he did before in this new version as he is not free as the game starts, even without randomization.
You could say Rodriguez is the main reason why i made this mod in the first place, just to exterminate him :p

I could give him 0 marketability, terrible stats and a bunch of bad traits, just as a joke ^^
Ah, I see now. :roflmao:
Well, I'd love to see that. Just to trick people thinking they have the same godly driver by his name when in fact it's not.
You should definitely do that, just as a joke, but change his last name to Godrigues or his first name as Lord. Just for the lolz.
You know that's actually a good idea too. Maybe we need some changes in Frontend.txt if you wanna go with that, Eddie.

Haven't yet had the opportunity to use the mod in a proper game, but I love the idea!

However, 13beta2 does not create a full file for me, it usually stops after creating only ~40-50 drivers. 13beta1 did not seem to have the same problem, it created approximately 200 drivers.

One of the partial txts created with 13beta2 attached.

Edit: After a dozen or two tries I got a 233 driver list that allowed me to try it in the game, and everything seemed to work fine, mod starts ok, I can look at the drivers with no problems, scouting works normally and so on.

Attachments

• RandomDrivers.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Correction: I tried what previous versions I could find, and they also sometimes create files that are cut from the middle, sometimes not even long enough to fill the existing teams.

I also used version 1.1 to create the other staff files, and they worked just fine as long as the GT teams were added (I combined 2 files to do that, simply changing the team numbers from the other).

Last edited:

I say leave him in and randomize him like any other driver. Players might still be tempted to sign him automatically and that may be a good or bad thing. It would make people scout him at least.

Another thing I noticed, more from the balancing side: There's almost no free agent pay drivers created in my files, and the few that are there are of high scouting level. Surely it would make more sense that the pay drivers were rather well known than hiding? Similarly it might make sense if the fame level and and pay driver status were linked?

As a side note... where exactly can I find the data files where the names are coming from? I'd like to take a look at the finnish list.

Nope, so far no more crashes. :thumbsup:

No problem with the free ones. I some how always choose Predator or Archer. And whenever I choose Archer one driver had the Racer+Hate Team Orders Trait always, but I get what you mean with staying loyal to team desc. ;)

I know I asked you about this before but I just wanted to know more (The Nationalities). There is a Regen Nationality Weight.txt file. Every nation has a number (USA and UK have 600, a lot of other countries have just 1) and I can adjust it so that the regen drivers nationalities are more wider in range. But what about the start of the game. Does your randomizer choose drivers from a specific pool? Is there a file for starting drivers nationality chance? Could you make it so that all nations (maybe not same % but at least closer) chance to generate a driver at the start?

The drivers generated from my tool are taken from a pool i made myself, there is noway of using the ingame pool, my tool does not interact with the game, its a program by its own. Now, generating 1 driver for ech country the first issue that comes to mind is: how many coutries there are in the world? 1000? means i have to generate 1000 drivers ^^. Second problem, for each different country a pool of male names, female names, and last names must be added, not to mention rules to have faces match their origins (so that there is no black guy with blonde hair coming from asia :)). Thats a lot of work for every country so there is a chance to spawn maybe 1 driver... the more coutries you add the least chances there will be to get someone from that country since the number of drivers is limited.
The pool atm is from 30ish countries, the ones i could generate random names from with the tools i found on inet, from all around the world, with the "biggest" countries having higher chances to be picked over the smaller ones.

Haven't yet had the opportunity to use the mod in a proper game, but I love the idea!

However, 13beta2 does not create a full file for me, it usually stops after creating only ~40-50 drivers. 13beta1 did not seem to have the same problem, it created approximately 200 drivers.

One of the partial txts created with 13beta2 attached.

Edit: After a dozen or two tries I got a 233 driver list that allowed me to try it in the game, and everything seemed to work fine, mod starts ok, I can look at the drivers with no problems, scouting works normally and so on.

thats probably related to your computer perfomance, your cpu was busy multitasking or soemthing, and the file was cut, try to close others programs while you generate. I cant be sure its the issue tho.

Another thing I noticed, more from the balancing side: There's almost no free agent pay drivers created in my files, and the few that are there are of high scouting level. Surely it would make more sense that the pay drivers were rather well known than hiding? Similarly it might make sense if the fame level and and pay driver status were linked?

As a side note... where exactly can I find the data files where the names are coming from? I'd like to take a look at the finnish list.

Would also make sense that the better drivers would be the most famous ones, but then what would be the point of increasing the scout facilities if the more you increase the worst the drivers become? Depends what you mean with balacing. The tool does the exact opposite, generally things are always randomized so you can always get an amazing driver with no scouting but the chances of that happening are lower compared to tier 3 scouting, thats exactly to balance the game and give scout facilities a meaning, thats what i personally call balance. As far as pay drivers go, there is the same chances of them spawning across all scouting tiers, you just got "unlucky"

The names come from a database inside the tool itself that i made by using random names generators from the internet. I personally took care of the italian and english name eliminating the wierd ones those sites generate, but i cant do the same for the other languages, here is the finnish name list, feel free to give back a refined one eliminating wrong/wierd names and adding better ones if you wish, dont add special char like wierd letters with special accents as they wont work, just standard letters used in English language. If anyone else feels like doing the same for any other nationality, just tell me

Name["Finland","M"] := [ "Hannu", "Arvo", "Sami", "Vesa", "Leo", "Jouko", "Mikael", "Joonas", "Benjamin", "Eemeli", "Manu", "Miika", "Elo", "Iisakki", "Siimon", "Ilkka", "Arttu", "Ano", "Esko", "Luukas", "Natanael", "Kristo", "Alvi", "Aake", "Vilho", "Antti", "Ernesti", "Salomo", "Orvo", "Sami", "Kaappo", "Aukusti", "Eelis", "Roni", "Siimon", "Joona", "Andreas", "Seet", "Jere", "Hemmo", "Aatami", "Asmo", "Sulo", "Ernesti", "Elmo", "Ari", "Nyyrikki", "Asseri", "Tomi", "Teppo", "Jonne", "Waltteri", "Mattias", "Jari", "Antti", "Samu", "Janne", "Gideon", "Aaron"]

Name["Finland","F"] := [ "Lemmitty", "Tuula", "Tilda", "Ulla", "Eeva", "Tuulia", "Suoma", "Anja", "Emmi", "Saima", "Kaisa", "Eira", "Jonna", "Impi", "Anu", "Hannele", "Soilikki", "Johanna", "Lemmikki", "Terhi", "Esteri", "Aulikki", "Kata", "Elena", "Heta", "Eelin", "Terhikki", "Marja-Terttu", "Aliina", "Mari", "Virve", "Emma", "Helmi", "Maaria", "Eini", "Sari", "Kirsi", "Airi", "Sohvi", "Johanna", "Eevi", "Elina", "Roosa", "Orvokki", "Saana", "Inkeri", "Milla", "Karoliina", "Moona", "Linnea", "Hely", "Alisa", "Varpu", "Miina", "Erika", "Terhikki", "Marjukka", "Liisa", "Sanni", "Jenni"]

Name["Finland","S"] := [ "Nevalainen", "Mantyla", "Kettunen", "Iivonen", "Perttula", "Knuutila", "Jokelainen", "Makelainen", "Honkala", "Heiskanen", "Palo", "Virta", "Asikainen", "Nurmi", "Huttunen", "Latvala", "Penttinen", "Junttila", "Haapala", "Kapanen", "Kangas", "Makela", "Pukki", "Junnila", "Lehto", "Makitalo", "Lappalainen", "Makitalo", "Hanninen", "Myllyla", "Johansson", "Nykanen", "Vesa", "Parviainen", "Nevalainen", "Korhonen", "Paasio", "Vepsalainen", "Kotka", "Harmala", "Kotilainen", "Miettinen", "Pietarinen", "Heikkinen", "Lahti", "Viitala", "Pekkala", "Kulmala", "Maatta", "Haavisto", "Lehtinen", "Paavola", "Karhu", "Karppinen", "Anttila", "Janhunen", "Kauppinen", "Waris", "Heikkila", "Uusitalo", "Hannula", "Ilves", "Tuominen", "Sundqvist", "Simonen", "Villanen", "Hakala", "Parviainen", "Kivinen", "Uotila", "Juhola", "Laurila", "Kivi", "Leskinen", "Toivonen", "Heikkinen", "Joutsen", "Pitkanen", "Leskinen", "Johansson", "Aaltonen", "Pesonen", "Kuisma", "Vayrynen", "Isometsa", "Nurmi", "Pietarinen", "Oivio", "Heikkinen", "Partanen", "Mantyla", "Nykanen", "Hakala", "Nurminen", "Marttila", "Nenonen", "Myllyla", "Raita", "Kettunen", "Koskela", "Haavisto", "Pentti", "Pekkanen", "Myllyla", "Salminen", "Jarvinen", "Kivinen", "Uotila", "Talo", "Pietila", "Elo", "Anttonen", "Salo", "Lappi", "Hautala", "Raita", "Leppanen", "Leskinen", "Huhtala", "Laakkonen"]

The drivers generated from my tool are taken from a pool i made myself, there is noway of using the ingame pool, my tool does not interact with the game, its a program by its own. Now, generating 1 driver for ech country the first issue that comes to mind is: how many coutries there are in the world? 1000? means i have to generate 1000 drivers ^^. Second problem, for each different country a pool of male names, female names, and last names must be added, not to mention rules to have faces match their origins (so that there is no black guy with blonde hair coming from asia :)). Thats a lot of work for every country so there is a chance to spawn maybe 1 driver... the more coutries you add the least chances there will be to get someone from that country since the number of drivers is limited.
The pool atm is from 30ish countries, the ones i could generate random names from with the tools i found on inet, from all around the world, with the "biggest" countries having higher chances to be picked over the smaller ones.

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. And for the record what are these 30ish countries?

All that left is then the Mechanics and Engineers I guess. If you need the files, here they are.

Attachments

• Engineers.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Mechanics.txt
    16 KB · Views: 354
Country := ["UnitedStates", "Canada", "UK", "Ireland", "Mexico", "Finland", "Sweden", "Norway", "Denmark", "Iceland", "Netherlands", "Belgium", "Germany", "France", "Spain", "Portugal", "Switzerland", "Austria", "Italy", "Greece", "Poland", "Bulgaria", "Slovenia", "Ukraine", "Croatia", "RussianFederation", "China", "Thailand", "Japan", "SouthKorea", "Australia", "NewZealand", "Brazil", "Argentina", "Turkey"]

The problem indeed was related to my gear. I was using the exe from a network drive, and that seemed to cause the problem. Should have thought of that.

Regarding the balancing things, fair enough, was just throwing some ideas. Personally I'd actually also prefer to have some of traits visible even without scouting, but that's a bit outside the scope of this topic, I guess.

BTW, there's only about 200 countries in the world, so one from each wouldn't overcrowd the list... ;) The rest of the problem with the names lists required and faces would of course remain.

How many names would you like to have on the lists? The top 1000 most popular names in Finland are freely available from our population information system... ;)

BTW, there's only about 200 countries in the world, so one from each wouldn't overcrowd the list... ;)
It probably would be an issue when you have to do various checks for things like the physical appearance for each country. It's a time-consuming thing that should probably be saved until last. Hardly the most entertaining thing in the world to do either since it's really mindnumbing.

Speaking of, OP, how did you find out things like which physical trait matched which number? I'm not talking about the table layout since that's in the file itself, but rather for each individual entry (like, say, whether the whitest skin color has number 0 or something). I'd previously been trying to come up with a few test drivers to see how it works, but doing things manually would be extremely painful and time-consuming, especially for the hairstyles which have a lot of options.

Speaking of, OP, how did you find out things like which physical trait matched which number? I'm not talking about the table layout since that's in the file itself, but rather for each individual entry (like, say, whether the whitest skin color has number 0 or something). I'd previously been trying to come up with a few test drivers to see how it works, but doing things manually would be extremely painful and time-consuming, especially for the hairstyles which have a lot of options.

Look here Personnel Number Guide

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea