Randomized Pilots

A simple executable that generates a Drivers.txt with randomized drivers, with the option of generating random staff as well
Features:
- Full Randomization: Every stat is randomized: Names, Skills, Traits, Nationalities, Ages, Aspect, etc
- Gameplay Keeper: Every team will get pilots according to their rank. You ll always have 4*+ pilots on the top teams and they will get worse on lower ranks teams, all the way to Predator Racing.
- Lore Friendly: Teams with certain descriptions will maintain those features. A team that claims to have young talented pilots will have exactly that, or if you choose Silva racing for example, drivers will always be Brazilian/Portuguese, and they will be fighting each other as the game begins.
-Realistic: Nothing is left to chance: Young pilots will be more likely to have potential, and more stars to gain compared to older pilots, appearence will be matching their race, etc
-Balanced: Pilots that requires higher tiers of scouting facilities will be on average better. Pilots available from the beginning of the game with no facilities will have no chances of being spawned in a Rodriguez-like fashion, with high stats and high marketability at the same time. No more overpowered drivers.
-Fully Compatible: you should be able to safely use this with any other mod, just follow the setup guide using your modded resource.assets
-Staff Randomization
-Customizable

Download
http://www.filedropper.com/mmrandomizer13beta3

This tool has been tested for quite a bit from several people, but feel free to report any bugs/imperfection if you find one! Any feedback/suggestion is always welcome!

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
In order to use this in your game you need to download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and load Drivers.txt in your resources.assets
dl from here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor

step by step:
Run MSM_Randomizer.exe, press Generate Files, this will generate a file called RandomPilots.txt in the same folder
Download and Run AssetBundleExtractor.exe
browse into your Motorsport Manager folder, go into MM_Data, find resources.assets, and make a copy of it anywhere you want.
Select File->Open, select the copy of resources.assets you made
select menu View->Search by name->type in "Drivers"
select Drivers (DRIVERS, not Driver) on the list, click Plugins -> Import from txt -> select RandomDriver.txt generated before. (do the same with Engineers and Mechanics for staff randomization)
File->Save into Motorsport Manager/MM_Data folder

Last edited:
First off thank you for the positive feedback, and i am glad you are enjoying your games with my mod. You are the very first person i hear from who is actually playing it, so it means a lot to me, and the fact the feedback is so positive makes me so much happier :)

Now with the designers parts, you have a keen eye recognizing so, that's the only part thats not completely randomly generated, here is what is up with it. Those parts are basically a string of numbers that is associated with each designer, example: "12; 45; 66". Those numbers are each associated with 1 known part, and every vanilla designer would have from 1 to 5 of those. Now, since i could not find the actual database where those parts were stored, i could only work with those numbers, without knowing what number associates to what part.

So the most straight forward way to generate random part would have been: generate from 1 to 5 random numbers, and give them to each designers. Although this way a problem would arise, there is 5 tiers, so the same tier could have generated multiple parts, example 2 epics, and i didnt know how the game would have handled it, probably bug out, and i didnt even try to do it that way.

So since i didnt know which tier each number refered to, i had to find a workaround. What i did was to store into a database every combination of those numbers for every vanilla designer in the game and then just have a randomizer that picked one of those "already knows as legit" combination, mantaining at the same time the same level of "rarity" for 4 and 5 parts designers, which are very uncommon. Most of those generated (something like 80%) have 1, 2 or 3 parts, just like the vanilla game. This is why you see the same combinations all over again. Bothers me a bit cos puts a certain limit on the variance of the designers in the game, at least as far as parts go, but at least its still equal or better then the vanilla, since i used all the combos that were there in the first place.

So its not intended, its more like the best i could do with what i had. I d have liked to be able to randomize them completely, picking every single part separately, to allow a much better variance. The only way to do so its either to find where the databae is stored or check every designer in the game and try to extrapolate those numbers, especially designers with a single part could have helped a lot, but this would have taken too much time, and I thought this workaround does the trick decently after all.

Anyway, every other aspect of the mod is 100% randomly generated, allowing all the possible combinations with what the game has to offer, such as drivers traits for example, I knew what each number corresponded to, so i just made sure they didnt roll opposite traits (such as nice and mean, ambitious and content) at the same time, but everything else is just randomly picked single handedly, so every combo is possible. And the same applies with everything else but designers parts

Any other feedback is always appricated, i am really happy that you find your playthrough balanced and interesting, thats what i was aiming for! :)

First off thank you for the positive feedback, and i am glad you are enjoying your games with my mod. You are the very first person i hear from who is actually playing it, so it means a lot to me, and the fact the feedback is so positive makes me so much happier :)

Now with the designers parts, you have a keen eye recognizing so, that's the only part thats not completely randomly generated, here is what is up with it. Those parts are basically a string of numbers that is associated with each designer, example: "12; 45; 66". Those numbers are each associated with 1 known part, and every vanilla designer would have from 1 to 5 of those. Now, since i could not find the actual database where those parts were stored, i could only work with those numbers, without knowing what number associates to what part.

So the most straight forward way to generate random part would have been: generate from 1 to 5 random numbers, and give them to each designers. Although this way a problem would arise, there is 5 tiers, so the same tier could have generated multiple parts, example 2 epics, and i didnt know how the game would have handled it, probably bug out, and i didnt even try to do it that way.

So since i didnt know which tier each number refered to, i had to find a workaround. What i did was to store into a database every combination of those numbers for every vanilla designer in the game and then just have a randomizer that picked one of those "already knows as legit" combination, mantaining at the same time the same level of "rarity" for 4 and 5 parts designers, which are very uncommon. Most of those generated (something like 80%) have 1, 2 or 3 parts, just like the vanilla game. This is why you see the same combinations all over again. Bothers me a bit cos puts a certain limit on the variance of the designers in the game, at least as far as parts go, but at least its still equal or better then the vanilla, since i used all the combos that were there in the first place.

So its not intended, its more like the best i could do with what i had. I d have liked to be able to randomize them completely, picking every single part separately, to allow a much better variance. The only way to do so its either to find where the databae is stored or check every designer in the game and try to extrapolate those numbers, especially designers with a single part could have helped a lot, but this would have taken too much time, and I thought this workaround does the trick decently after all.

Anyway, every other aspect of the mod is 100% randomly generated, allowing all the possible combinations with what the game has to offer, such as drivers traits for example, I knew what each number corresponded to, so i just made sure they didnt roll opposite traits (such as nice and mean, ambitious and content) at the same time, but everything else is just randomly picked single handedly, so every combo is possible. And the same applies with everything else but designers parts

Any other feedback is always appricated, i am really happy that you find your playthrough balanced and interesting, thats what i was aiming for! :)

I actually tested the generator the other day and was quite pleased.
I was going to create my own version for an "alternate start" to bundle with my mod. but this seems to do the same thing. That'll save me time in the long run:

ipzRme5W0.png

Here's the ID list for engineer only parts - (the level column referring to part level). Do you have a full list for other areas too? Such as Mechanics Bonuses?

Anyway, whats your future plans for the mod? Are you going to make a generator for a cars "starting stats (Default Parts.txt)" or even go as far as semi-random Rule Sets for championships (championships.txt though being careful not to make conflcting rules) or even swap the championships some teams are in?

Hey there, thx for posting the list, i guess i ll be making those changes then as this made it so much quicker to do, and yes i do have the mechanics traits list and they are being randomized properly.

As far as future plans go i could do all those things you suggested, shouldnt be too hard and shouldnt take too long, only problem is I am not getting too many feedbacks / downloads. Despite all the comments i got were very positive (thank you everyone), there is not many of them as you can see. Seems like there is only few people interested in this kind of things, and i doubt things like randomized starting parts and rules would draw that attection if random drivers didnt, you know what i mean :)

I am glad you found the tool appealing to you, i am also using your mod and its pretty amazing, a true gameplay changer

If there is more interest, suggestions and ideas, in the future I have no problem in making upgrades / adding features

i ll be uploading the new version with properly randomized parts very shortly, time to change the code and test it quickly

Hey there, thx for posting the list, i guess i ll be making those changes then as this made it so much quicker to do, and yes i do have the mechanics traits list and they are being randomized properly.

As far as future plans go i could do all those things you suggested, shouldnt be too hard and shouldnt take too long, only problem is I am not getting too many feedbacks / downloads. Despite all the comments i got were very positive (thank you everyone), there is not many of them as you can see. Seems like there is only few people interested in this kind of things, and i doubt things like randomized starting parts and rules would draw that attection if random drivers didnt, you know what i mean :)

I am glad you found the tool appealing to you, i am also using your mod and its pretty amazing, a true gameplay changer

If there is more interest, suggestions and ideas, in the future I have no problem in making upgrades / adding features

i ll be uploading the new version with properly randomized parts very shortly, time to change the code and test it quickly

You're probably not seeing as many downloads as this relies on users to download the asset bundle extractor, open the right file and import the files, save in a new location, etc. It's a bit more work then the average mod user would do - particularly the silent majority. It's a great utility for people who can manually mod a little bit, then too daunting for most.

You may have more luck by uploading and rebranding the work as an 'alternate start' resource.asset package or two, with your generated items. People who want to start a new vanilla game but don't want to do the same starting things (hiring the same people from their last game) will probably feel it more like using it. That would then be the mod, and this would be more of a modders utility,

When the workshop hits, you can probably quickly and easily make dozen of alternate start packages - and a much wider audience will use it. I, with your permission, will probably use a generated alternate start it and package it with my mod - once I'm closer to the final versions.

Anyway, don't worry too much about download numbers. I'm usually quite happy if two people like using the mod. And beware some users are strange. I have a part 1/2 Of an asset file, with one being useless without the other. Yet lots more people download part 1 then 2.

Yeah i guessed that, too much hassle for the average user. I thought of making a "ready to use" asset but feels so limiting compared to the tool full functionality, yet you are probably right, that would get so many more dls and interest then this, i ll give it a shot.

Feel free to use my tool for your own package if you want and thx for the encouragement ^^

@TheCed not yet, sorry, maybe in the next days ^^

new version is up btw, fully randomized Engineers Parts

http://www.megafileupload.com/oZz4/MM_Randomizer_1.1.exe

EddieStyle, I created an account on racedepartment for 2 raisons. 1st I want to thank you ! You've done an amazing job with your mod. It really is a lot more enjoyable to restart a career. I'm using it since few days. I really love the fact that you let us the possibility to choose what we want to randomize (only drivers, or staff too). Please keep up with this !

2nd : I feel so sad that you don't have more feedback despite the quality of your mod, so here is mine. I only restarted once with your mod (with predator), so my feedback may not be representative.

- I've got the feeling that there are more free drivers, but their stats are very close and they have less traits than in vanilla game. For example, I couldn't find a single pay driver during my 1st season and finally I took Bao Tang from Dragon Team. Maybe you could add an option to have more traits by driver to increase variety ? And I think the bonus/malus +/- 2 from vanilla are too low, could you add an option to increase it to +/-5 for example (but maybe it requires the modification of another file, I don't know).

- Not important but I would appreciate to have faces corresponding more with nationalities.

Last edited:

As Red said, it's probably down to being more than 'download, install' which has made people not download yet. I've been following this mod here and the Reddit thread when it was on the front page of the MM sub, but I haven't used it yet as I'm quite deep into a playthrough with Red's balance mod, and I'm not clued up enough to manually combine the two mods myself. I'd then have to play without Red's mod, which is not really an option for me anymore because vanilla is just way too easy.

Whether Red incorporates your mod into his, or Workshop support allows mods to work together better, I will use it in a future playthrough. However, keep up the fantastic work, I will be keeping an eye on it still. Is the 95:5 male/female ratio version going to be supported going forward?

Awesome stuff EddieStyle! that means I'll have to start another career! I'm currently struggling through season 7 of the FlamingRed's 1.2e. BRUTAL!

I think a championship randomizer would be interesting, but after 4 seasons it's all a jumble anyway. Maybe a calendar randomizer? I think there are still some layouts I haven't raced. I would say be careful about regions, but the game doesn't seem to care about it.

Akro - the traits are accessible in asset bundle extractor - personality traits. have a look and you can change the strength and duration of all the traits. Pay Drivers is also there, it has a 2% chance of occurring and you might want to bump that up if you're interested in seeing a few more pay driver regens.

for reference, I've always had 5-7 pay drivers in every set, I feel like it's a really good balance.

EddieStyle, I created an account on racedepartment for 2 raisons. 1st I want to thank you ! You've done an amazing job with your mod. It really is a lot more enjoyable to restart a career. I'm using it since few days. I really love the fact that you let us the possibility to choose what we want to randomize (only drivers, or staff too). Please keep up with this !

2nd : I feel so sad that you don't have more feedback despite the quality of your mod, so here is mine. I only restarted once with your mod (with predator), so my feedback may not be representative.

- I've got the feeling that there are more free drivers, but their stats are very close and they have less traits than in vanilla game. For example, I couldn't find a single pay driver during my 1st season and finally I took Bao Tang from Dragon Team. Maybe you could add an option to have more traits by driver to increase variety ? And I think the bonus/malus +/- 2 from vanilla are too low, could you add an option to increase it to +/-5 for example (but maybe it requires the modification of another file, I don't know).

- Not important but I would appreciate to have faces corresponding more with nationalities.

You subscribed here just to thank me thats amazing! Thanks a lot Akro! :D

The number of traits at the moment is 1 to 3, with pay driver rolled separately. So a driver could actually get 4 traits (3 + pay driver). I think its fair but i am listening to feedbacks. Also note that on older versions they used to roll less traits (1-2 i think), so you might have used one of those if you have fewer traits in your game.

Pay driver chances are 5%, so 1 driver out of 20 will have it, i can increase this, I d like to hear more people opinions about the correct ratio, or i could make it customizable, but i wouldnt want to load it with too many options, just to keep it simple to use. And yes there is few more drivers then vanilla.

I agree that bonus/malus impact is very low on vanilla, and yes you have to modify another file. This i could do but would be more of a balance change rather then randomization, and wouldnt fit too much with the theme of my mod, maybe you should ask FlamingRed.
Also that would generate another file if I incorporate it in my tool, making the setup process even longer and more annoying, not to mention that since there is no randomization there is no need to generate that file everytime, as it would be the same, so its a change that fits a "download an go" mod better.

What faces/nationalities are you not happy with? can u give me some example?

As Red said, it's probably down to being more than 'download, install' which has made people not download yet. I've been following this mod here and the Reddit thread when it was on the front page of the MM sub, but I haven't used it yet as I'm quite deep into a playthrough with Red's balance mod, and I'm not clued up enough to manually combine the two mods myself. I'd then have to play without Red's mod, which is not really an option for me anymore because vanilla is just way too easy.

Whether Red incorporates your mod into his, or Workshop support allows mods to work together better, I will use it in a future playthrough. However, keep up the fantastic work, I will be keeping an eye on it still. Is the 95:5 male/female ratio version going to be supported going forward?

You just follow my step by step guide if you want to use it, whether or not you are already using Flaming mod or any other mod makes no difference, mine is fully compatible, I wrote so in the OT too.

The 95-5 version was made on the fly when the tool was still very alpha, to accomodate a couple users who asked for it. Atm the program includes a customizable option, where you can choose the ratio yourself, from 0% females to 100%, also in the OT

This leads me to believe you didnt read the OT more then once, not following the mod updates, maybe there is other people like you, i will try to repost it on reddit now that the tool its a bit more refined. Thx for the feedback

Awesome stuff EddieStyle! that means I'll have to start another career! I'm currently struggling through season 7 of the FlamingRed's 1.2e. BRUTAL!

Thanks Coops and have fun with your new career :D

I agree that bonus/malus impact is very low on vanilla, and yes you have to modify another file. This i could do but would be more of a balance change rather then randomization, and wouldnt fit too much with the theme of my mod, maybe you should ask FlamingRed.

His propsed change is something I had in my mod since the start. Even as far as Turning +\- 2 into +\-5 exactly. I have the text file bundled with my asset file, if he wishes to import it.

Last edited:
This leads me to believe you didnt read the OT more then once, not following the mod updates, maybe there is other people like you, i will try to repost it on reddit now that the tool its a bit more refined. Thx for the feedback

That's a fair assumption. I was already 3 or 4 seasons deep when your mod came out, so it never felt like I needed it right then as I'd had 2 or 3 sets of regens in that time. And no, I haven't been following it religiously like I have Red's mod, but I suppose that comes with me actively using Red's mod and wishing to provide feedback on what I'm playing.

There will be other people like me, who saw the original post go up, and assumed (as I did, probably foolishly) that it wouldn't work with anything else at this time. At the point Red does a big enough update to his mod that I need to restart my career, I'll probably pick this up too. Unlike many others, I'm not averse to following instructions ;)

The number of traits at the moment is 1 to 3, with pay driver rolled separately. So a driver could actually get 4 traits (3 + pay driver). I think its fair but i am listening to feedbacks. Also note that on older versions they used to roll less traits (1-2 i think), so you might have used one of those if you have fewer traits in your game.
Not this one :
9DC3yTC.png

What faces/nationalities are you not happy with? can u give me some example?
here is an example of a weird face/nationality :
bzp7At2.png

I don't think that he looks like a Chinese.

I saw TheFlamingRed's modification on traits and I love it. But IMO there is too many modifications that I don't like in this mod and I prefer Vanilla, even if I don't have the +2/-2 -> +5/-5 modification. And I am totally unable to make the modification to the files myself !

The First Driver you posted should be a regen and my tool only works on starting drivers and staff, you sure he was there since the beginning?

About Bao Tang, i agree he doesnt look Chinese but there is nothing i can do about it, cos they all have the same face, the only thing that varies is skin color and hair, and i set it to all chinese and asian in general to have light skin and black hairs, thats the best i can do :)

Basically both those problems come with the game itself, whether you use or not my mod they gona be the same, and there is nothing i can do about it, you ll have to ask gamemakers ^^

I love your work. Really enjoy the the randomness with every new game.
Got a quick question. Are all nationalities available for random drivers and staffs. Or is it the game that way. I mean when i create a new manager there tons of nations for the manager to choose. But I don't see that much drivers from other nations. I played around 15-20 seasons but always the same 10-15 different nations.

I love your work. Really enjoy the the randomness with every new game.
Got a quick question. Are all nationalities available for random drivers and staffs. Or is it the game that way. I mean when i create a new manager there tons of nations for the manager to choose. But I don't see that much drivers from other nations. I played around 15-20 seasons but always the same 10-15 different nations.

Yeah I am sorry there is only few nation supported by my mod, something like 25-30.

I d have loved to have more diversity but the problem is the names, i had to create a database myself containing names and last names for each nation, and each nation has at least 40-50 of both so that you dont see the same names popping over and over. I didnt want to make the databse too big and I could not find names DBs for smaller countries online either. This does not interefere with games regen anyway, any driver spawning after the first year will have a chance to get any of the nationalities available in the game

If you want to see your own country spawning at random in the beginning and you r willing to provide a list of at least 30-40 names for male, 30-40 names for females, and 40-50 last names, i can make that happen. (even 20ish would be ok i guess)

thx for the feedback :)

Thanks. That would be really nice. I added the file. But I would like to see other countries too. If there is anything i can help with it just say it. I would be delighted to help if I can.

Attachments

• MM Turkish Name.txt
    1,015 bytes · Views: 466
There is actually already a database in the assets file. if you export the "fist names" and "second names" it has male and female names for all the nations included in the game. The "second names LUT" then breaks down the start and end points for males and female names in for each country. let me know if you need some help with it.

Hi EddieStyle. Randomizer works great. Have a few questions.

1- Just for trying the Randomizer, I started a dozens of new games (didn't play them just to started to see). I found one thing very surprising. In every game there was a Sergio Valdes (driver). So is it just my luck or did you place him in every randomized list?

2- I ask you about the Nationalities before, just wanted to now how the game decide a random created characters (driver or staff) nation. Does every nation has a % for to be chosen, are any nation locked up or are all open and does your randomizer uses the same method.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%