Rally - World Tour- Mon 14th & Tues 15th June 2010

Nigel, are you really sure you lost FFB. The last two stages are snow, and the FFB is very light on snow, as you might expect. I'm sorry mate, but the on-going rule in our Rally Club is that re-starts are not allowed, you can imagine what a minefield that could turn into if we started trying to decide which circumstances it could be allowed.

absolutly 100% positive, it also did the same thing in off line practice and i shut down RSC unpluged and re plugged my wheel started RSC and ran stage7 & 8 and i could feel the FFB and had grip and even set a PB on stage 7 of 6:10.74.

well i`m very disapointed that my times i could have run for the last 2 stages were out of my control to get them, especialy as i had done lots of practice, i also had problems with FFB when the last time i tried RBR if it happens again then i`m gunna bin the game for good this time :(

if it doesn`t make any difference if it was on or off do you think i would be making such a fuss about it?

i have driven races before in Race 07 when the FFB just stops at the start of a race and i have just about manged to race, but in RBR in ss7 & ss8 not only did i have no FFB i absolutly had no grip at all from the tyres :(

if you havent been in the situation where you drove and tested with fully working FFB to then suddenly loose it then you can`t understand what its like, anyway enough of this disscsion its getting no where ;)

Actually, I think the FFB makes a big difference in RBR, it is very good and gives a nice feel for the grip level. Very important.

Nigel, that is a strange one, I've not encountered it before, but if it happens again off-line, could you try just unplugging your USB plug and plugging it in again (without closing RSCenter)?

I think I have read somewhere of someone having a loss of FFB between sessions, but can't recall a solution.

I'll do some searching.

Loved this rally. This was my first experience with RBR after only having it for about a fortnight and it was great. The other drivers in the TS server were great company and everyone was considerate and kept quiet while the stages were running.

Cheers for the warm welcome :D

Performance wise i was over the moon with myself. Very close to winning the first stage, but i was always confident on the tarmac coming from a track racing background.

Was running 3rd for a while until after the Japan stage, which was definately my Achilles heal. I had to take that a little more carefully than i'd have liked after getting a few frights there in recce.

Starting the English stages i was a few seconds back from the podium, but managed to get a good time on Shepherds Shield in the dark and really trusting my pace notes which for once seemed somewhere near, after that I managed to keep a few seconds ahead of 4th place until the end.

Nigel unfortunately had some problems which brought to an end some great racing with himself and Ramon who were less than 2 seconds apart on some stages.

Provisionally gives me 2nd for the European class, I'll see it as 3rd considering Nigel would have been ahead if not for his retirement, but im still well happy with that. I'd expected to either retire or be dead last :cool:

And Warren, you really tortured us new guys, i thought they were gonna be easy cars and stages :lol: at the final stage i could hardly see the track, had me a little nervous thinking i'd retire at the final stage, but gladly managed to keep myself pointed in the right direction.

All in all I loved every second of it, can't wait for the next one. Cheers!

thx warren :cool:

ps. i`m sorry for the moaning about it but was having a great battle with the Wizard so was very upset not to take the battle to the end.
tomorrow i`ll reinstall my wheel drivers and use a different usb port then do ss7 a few times and see if the ffb still drops off. maybe something fuuny is going off with the drivers as it was fine the other day when testing.

Wow, that was quite a rally! Not sure it was for beginners though...:) Some of the stages were amazing - Joux Plane, Noiker, New Bobs, Sitakama. Great rhythm sections... Chirdonhead II wasn't bad either.:D Really struggled with the cars, but maybe with some setup work they would be more manageable. Decided the best thing to do for the event was to just slow things down a bit and ended up running about 15-30s off my best stage times. It sort of worked because I ended up not having any big crash-outs, which was something I was concerned about. Loved New Bobs, but for some reason I practiced under dry conditions (wishfull thinking maybe) and ended up with a couple of crashes in the damp. One of which knocked off my hood and front bumper. Time to get my glasses checked I guess.:) Note to Steve: Add setups to ToDo list...:)

Thanks to Warren, et al -- Had a great time and will see you the next time.:thumb:

Nigel,
As a test, I tried unplugging and re-plugging my wheel USB socket. It didn't work if I did it mid stage (lost the wheel completely), but it did work again if I did it in RSC before launching the game.

However: This may be a red herring but, I thought I also had your problem in the snow stage while testing. Virtually no FFB and almost no grip, and thought "hello, I reproduced a bug". Then I went back to RSC and checked my tyres, and they were set to Gravel. I know that I have experienced this before, the game selecting the wrong tyres, with disasterous results. Even though I have set RSC to automatically select the correct tyre.
Is there an outside chance that the game dudded you with tyre selection?
I always try to remember to double check the tyre selection before each Stage, just in case.

BTW, we are all still learning about the sublties of this game, including me.

@Nigel:
You had some problems in nKPro also with your wheel. It might be something with G27? Maybe google for RBR and G27?

Now you mention the wrong tyres; I think I had the same in offline practicing Japan. I did 8.3x as pb there and yesterday after Nigel was mentioning being at least 10secs faster I tried also and could only manage 9.4x and totally lack of grip... (yes less then normal at this stage).
Later on, after closing and restarting RSC it was okay and could drive 8.3x again.
I am sure the right tyre was selected btw, it must be something 'beneath' RSC what is troubling it sometimes.

Rally report.
Overall I did average I think. In the initial stage there was a strange physics bug. In a right hander tarmac corner without bumps and not going too fast My car just rolled without hitting anything. Lost about 10+ seconds there. The next stages I was somewhat on safemode but lost control at some places. Did a few rolls and off tracks. The last snow stage was in terms of losing time not good at all. Four times off track and rolled it. Still finished all stages and was first in Europe, but knowing I screwed up in at least 3 stages the Oceanics/USA will beat us for sure.

For the next rally, I don't care as long as it is fun. I have a busy weekend ahead and probably have only 1-2 hours on Sunday to practice. Will be cool :)

okay, aussie rally is over. Personally, had better days, had worse, best was a 3rd in stage 7, otherwise last in the rest but i only retired on 1 stage so I'm good with that. Practice came to nought though, car handled like a skateboard all night, not like in the couple of practice runs I did, so i just slowed right up and did my pace. I did knock a minute of noiker tho :) Ohhhh, the night time runs, not fun for me due to medical condition where my head shakes when I try and concentrate too hard, makes it a tad harder when you get limited vision as it is. However, no excuses, had a ball yet again and can't wait for the next one.

Warren, thanks so much for all your hard work.

Worst rally ever for me.

I think from now on, I'll actually check what cars are in the carpack before I sign up, because I found those cars to be absolutely horrible. Not my cup of tea at all

Anyway.

Thanks for setting it up Warren.

Gee, that proved much more difficult than I thought. General discussion on TS was that these cars were very tricky, but still a lot of fun. I actually enjoyed trying to learn to drive them, they were so different to the normal 4WD cars. A good challenge can be fun if you don't take things too seriously.

Had a few calamaties tonight, setting the scene early by killing another spectator early in Stage 1. :redface: Then almost wrote the car off in the first night stage by ramming a tiny sapling, stopping the car dead in it's tracks. The final embarrassment, was rolling the car in the final Stage, but on the slowest part of the track, how I managed that, I'll never know, I was in 2nd gear at the time.

More good fun though, especially the wisecracks over TS. Cam has gloating rights over Glenn tonight too. :wink:

Well done to Rick, showing the Aussies how to drive (and set up) these cars, a new winner for the Aussie group. :doublethumb:

Thanks to all who perservered with this one, I promise to try to make the next one easier, but of course, there are no easy drives in RBR, that's all part of the challenge that some of us love. :rally:

Thanks Warren for hosting another testing rally.. had fun with the gravel stages, i love the feel in the logitech's when you apply a scandi flick when approaching quick med right, med left you really feel the weight transfer kick in on these little cars.. however it all goes pear shaped when you come into a corner to hot with your brakes full lock on gravel, you get that lump of dead weight sliding on ice feel.
No excuses, but 3 of these stages were recce drives for me, it wasn't until s/shield were i felt i could drive at over 90%.. it's a pity because after you master the art of tickling the throttle and finding the sweet spot in the rev range the fiesta started to behave itself.. but overall these cars are twichy little buggers to master and judging frm some of the comments, they are likely not be missed by most.

Sorry boyz haven't gotten around to doing the teamspk thing, never used it before, is there anything major i need to know?

Looking forward to what you'll throw at us nxt time Warren, group b cars could be interesting?

tried ggoling for RBR & G27 problems and nothing showed up, i found out last night that in nkpro the ctrl key is used in game to centre wheel and i had that set to talk in TS lol

i think from now on i will select tyres manualy in game & its nice to know i can reset wheel between stages, which only takes seconds.

the 1st time i lost all grip at ss7 in practice the tyre selected in RSC was tarmac int & i though the same had happend for the offical ss7, so i checked it was showing snow tyres before joining ss8 but i guess it was lying lol

now my view on the cars, as atotal noob to this game i found both awd & fwd drive cars hard to get to grips with. and after driving several different S2000 cars i was getting realy wound up with crashing all the time, but after a while the car suddenly started to come to me and the only setup changes i made was to brake pressure/balance. and i`m sure in the right hands to ba able to make a good setup they would even be more fun to drive. so for me i welcome using these cars again :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back