Rally - World Tour- Mon 14th & Tues 15th June 2010

Ya, I compiled it and sent it to Warren so he can publish the results propperly, but I guess I was a tad too late.

Hope he won't mind...

Overall Rally Results

results.gif

OC dominating again, no stage wins for EU people.

Rick Bamford - 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Damien Jones - 2 stage wins :star::star:
Glenn Morris - 2 stage wins :star::star:
Warren Dawes - 1 stage win :star:

Congrats Rick, Ramon and Warren.

Thank you Warren for organizing the rally.
I hope you won't mind me posting this, sorry, I'll try and catch you earlier next time. :parrot:

Thanks for posting the results Senad, great job mate. I don't mind at all, saved me heaps of time and was especially handy today, since it is my wife's Birthday and our Wedding Anniversary today/tomorrow. Might help keep me in the good books.

Congratulations to Rick for his first win, many are sure to follow.
Well done to Ramon, only his second Rally and already challenging for the win. My podium was very close, only 2 secs in front of Damien, although we both tried to self destruct on the final stage, I think :tongue:

That makes three different winners in the last three Rally's, really good to see, proving once again, mistakes are soooo easy in RBR, and each tiny boo boo pays a heavy price. Outright speed seldom wins these Rally's.

Big Welcome to our new drivers, Craig, Eckhart, hope you had fun, although it was a tough initiation.

Overall, I believe it was a good Rally, ok not easy (but RBR is not easy in anything), despite some mixed feedback about the cars. They may have proven to be a little tricky, but if you drove them with respect, they were a lot of fun. The overall results were also the closest we have had, not too much between the whole group, so these cars kept things closer. I won't use these cars next week, but guys, we won't be using basically the same cars every Rally, it will get very boring if we do. Don't forget, this is a Rally Club, we do this just for fun, RBR is quite difficult, and patience and perservence is needed.

Thanks to those who joined, it's so good to see a good sized grid.

Next Rally will be next week (I hope), and I'll look for something easier, I promise. :rally::ups:

OMG, 2nd overall. And it didn't felt right for me. Could have done so much better... But that counts for everyone. If if if if.

Looking forwards to the next event.

[Edit]
I just forgot... Grats Rick and all others capable of driving some bits in these cars :)

well done Rick :cool:

well even though i got bit by the gremlins i`m very happy with my result, me and Ramon was only seperated by 18secs in my favour after 6 stages, so could have been a very exiting finish. and after lots of worries about the chouice of car the times are very close. last event i also finished 13th but was 10 mins from P1 yet this event i`m still 13th but only 5 & a bit mins of P1 :D

Thanks for posting the results Senad, great job mate. I don't mind at all, saved me heaps of time and was especially handy today, since it is my wife's Birthday and our Wedding Anniversary today/tomorrow. Might help keep me in the good books.
Oh, that's nice, congrats :)

Next Rally will be next week (I hope), and I'll look for something easier, I promise. :rally::ups:
So no Group B just yet, eh? :D

After spending some "quality" time reflecting on this Rally, and trying to balance the high number of "complaints" about these cars, here are some stats:

1. We had a very different podium to normal, (always good for Club events)
2. The total spread of times across the whole field was our closest ever
3. There was very little red ink, most of us finished the Stages.

That suggests to me that these cars weren't a huge problem at all, and I plan to use them again sometime. If you take the time and patience to drive them well, they were quite fun.

I guess we can't please everyone all of the time. :rolleyes:

Just found out I beat Warren only at SS5 and SS8, so it's 6:2 for Australia :)

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Geez, I'll be glad when the soccer is over, or at least Australia limps home with head bowed and Germany can concentrate on thrashing someone else. At home, they are now giving our Dutch coach a bagging for picking a depleted team and trying to go totally defensive. It certainly was strange to see our better players "rested", but we were on a hiding to nothing anyway. :redface:

Thanks to senad for getting results up, it's great to see the times spread for most part were really close, sub 3 miniutes difference to leader for the top ten.. thats one head-on into a tree or a 160km barrel roll away from a possible podium position.
One retirement cost me around 3mins and a top ten finish.. but hey! thats what tissues are for right?
These result's hve inspired me to ramp things up to warp factor 5 for the nxt meet.. warp factor 5 being 5th gear for me.

Congrats to Rick, Ramon & Warren.. team oz strikes again muhaha!

Hey Warren, hve you included pribam (i think thats what its called) in any of your rally's? that track is becomming one of my favourites.

Hey Warren, hve you included pribam (i think thats what its called) in any of your rally's? that track is becomming one of my favourites.

No I haven't ventured into BTB tracks yet, still trying to get everyone settled into the Rally Club first. We did run a Rally full of BTB tracks last year sometime, and it wasn't well received then, there seemed to be lots of bugs and people getting disconnected etc.
I may try a few samples in the not too distant future though.

Sorry boyz haven't gotten around to doing the teamspk thing, never used it before, is there anything major i need to know?

Eddie, sorry, almost missed this one.
Here is a link to a tutorial re Teamspeak:

http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/29876-how-use-teamspeak-3-a.html

It adds to the fun, and makes you feel less alone. We usually hop on TS about 10 mins before the Rally Start time, have a friendly chat, then no chatting during the running of the stages (we usually run two Stages at a time), chat between Stages and compare our sorry stories afterwards, describe our disasters etc.
The only problem for you is that we may not understand the KIWI accent :).
Please feel free to join us on TS, we always have plenty of laughs, it removes the pain of all those terrible crashes.

Congrats, guys. My times when testing on Monday weren't even close to any of yours... I'm impressed with how well you manage to drive those cars. They're like a complete opposite of every other vehicle, plus seriously low levels of grip.

Sorry again for pulling out, won't happen (at least for such noob reasons) again. Also I'm voting for at least one or two BTB stages, maybe in N4 cars (as they are IMHO very easy to drive).

I am into anything you pop up Warren. Only hope it is every-time something different. Feel free to pop-up the low-powered cans again in future, not specifically next week :)
It was a long time I actually enjoyed an online event again, so I get the most possible out of it :)

See you next Monday for sure, my Euro-babes :)

Well, Ramon and Lukasz should be very happy with the next Rally, car choice anyway. I've been testing a planned Rally and loving it so far. It promises to be a very enjoyable drive, without being too difficlult (by RBR standards that is).
AND, it will have a bit of historical significance too. :wink:

That should have a few people wondering. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%