Rally - World Tour- Mon 14th & Tues 15th June 2010

I certainly hope it's a lot. Would seem to me to be a waste of time if i run the whole stage, within a reasonable time of course, and then get given a default time that's less even tho i managed to finish it without wrecking my car.

:)

What is the default time you get allocated for noiker if you retire?

Checking a previous event, looks like the penalty time for Noiker is 12.25. Previously, if someone completed a Stage in longer than the penalty time, I just allocated the penalty time, we can't penalise someone for preserverence hey. :wink:

Yep, Noiker is a tough one, it's always been my nemesis, I wreck more cars there than anywhere. You should try it in bad weather, maybe I should get "nasty" when we get more experienced. :thunder:

These cars are tricky on some Stages aren't they. I just tried New Bobs, and there is one bank I'm naming "Warren's barrell role starter". I've lost count of the number of times i've clipped it, then rolled furiously down the road. If only we had a "Restart" button on-line lol. :redface:

If I don't find a way to reverse my pedals (they are fully on when not depressed) without soldering them. I am going to have to miss this. Only doing it in RBR...

There's an ini file that you can use to invert an individual axis, i.e. wheel, brake, throttle, clutch... I had to do this for my pedals. Unfortunately, I don't have my gaming system running and I don't remember the name of the file...

Edit: It's really easy...

I had a test run at Chirdonhead II, SS06.
Wow, it's a whole new ride compared to Noiker, I had a few heart in the mouth moments with all the bumps and undulations. It's a miracle I survived a couple of the bumps, but, it left me with a huge grin, quite a ride. :D

Here is the video.

Sick driving Warren. You make it look so easy.

PS. from the opening posts:
This one is primarily aimed towards helping give a good introduction for new Members to the Rally Club and RBR. We step down from the WRC cars, and try some lower powered and smaller cars, these are much more stable to drive, but they are still Rally Cars, so they still have bite if you are not careful.

hahaha, for me this rally will be at least twice as difficult as the mud event last week :)
Still fantastic, it is just great to have the car under control while you are a passenger of it hehe.

Nice Warren. Watching your video, I think I've gotten to my main problem.
I'm flicking the car in hard, expecting it to slide nicely through the corner, 4wd WRC style.
In these things, flicking it in gets the sideways action going, but standing on the accelerator with the required opposite lock generally results in the car snapping back around in the direction it's travelling and I end up with a car that starts to slide all over the place mid corner.

Now. How do I get that out of my system I wonder??? :confused:

Yep, these cars have surprised me much more than I expected. They seem very different, and not necessarily any easier. They don't have the power or grip to drive them so aggressively, and any loss of speed takes a while to recover. So, I am tending to aim to keep it smooth, keep the momentum up, but don't over drive it.
Of course, doing that consistently is far from easy. I should maybe post some off my disasters. :wink:
With this video, I lucked out first time, but if I went back to do it again and tried to push harder, I'll bet it would end in a mess. :)

When the co-driver says 'Don't cut' it's like a telling a 4 year old 'Don't climb the tree' - it just gives me ideas! :)

And, yeh Chirdonhead is mega high speed - if I manage not to crash there I'll be surprised.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back