Rally - World Tour- Mon 14th & Tues 15th June 2010

I've done some practice with Suzuki and if I fininsh in top 10 I'll be happy. Very hard to keep up the speed on this type of cars. On Japan long stage I've managed 9 min. I'm waitting tonight on TS to have a chat :).

Am I the only one who thinks there is something TERRIBLY wrong with physics on tarmac for these cars? Wheelspin in 4th (or sometimes even 5th) gear on dry tarmac in such underpowered car as 206XS is just not possible. They seem to drive like they're on ice rather than asphalt all the time.

Ah well, at least I manage to keep them on gravel most of the time :p

EDIT: I give up. Front wheel drive cars should be banned from existence. At least in RBR. Understeer, no grip, no nimbleness, no nothing. Wheelspin up to the 4th gear when starting. It's hateful when you press on the accelerator at the exit of a gravel corner, expecting the rear to step out a little, correcting your line this way, and a car just flies away to the outside.

If I won't be last (or if I won't just skip every stage out of frustration) it'll be a success.

Please, no more of those bastards :p

It's a good thing there's no wheel-to-wheel action in rally racing. I would definitely be hazardous to other people's health in this one...:tongue:

There are some really terrific stages, but the cars are a "riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a puzzle"...:)

Thank you Winston...:)

I think I'll go with Ondrej and pull out. Those cars just aren't my cup of tea and there is stuff I should do for tomorrow. I consider myself beaten second time in a row.

At least the driver base is way larger these days :)

Don't give up so easy guys. The stages are really hard (most of them) and the FWD isn't making it better.
Crashing just means you interpreted the pace-notes wrong and/or you just drive them beyond your current limit. Slow down, every crash/going wide cost you 20+ seconds. Just drive a few seconds slower and take every corner a tiny bit slower and you win seconds easily.

For the slippery stages like Japan where you have all wheelspin, try throttling with half throttle and not fully pressed. For me with G25 this means about 70/75 throttle and accelerated much better with less wheel spin. I win about 20-40 seconds with this.

Currently I drive all the stages just with default set in the Saxo, for me default the most stable car. I have only adjusted the brake pressure. Much softer both front and rear and maked sure I have at least 60/40 balance.
While braking, keeping a bit of throttle on helps also sometimes.

See you in 50 mins :)

Don't give up guys, I do RBR for about 1 year and I suck, but look at this race as a practice session with more people than yourself. I race , off course for winning, but I have no chance and so I'm racing because I'm loving it :tongue:, you should do so.
You won't get any prise if you win, the same if you loose. Let me tell you that my National Rally Championship has no more than a cup and a diploma as a Prise, not even a medal :), so many people ( not quite so many because of the crisis) are racing just for fun. From a entry list of 40 , only max 10 have sponsors and real money, the rest are doing it just for fun with great financial costs.
At me right now is a very nasty storm, hope it won't interfere with my connection.

yeah, fiddled with the wheels settings at windows level (amped up all settings by 25% and now it feels way better. It's just that RBR is an old game and new wheels don't take to it lightly. Looking forward. Will read the thread on how to play RBR online again, hope I can figure it all out. cu in 35 minutes

Ramon, I know all this. The stages aren't the problem (TBH Sheperd's Shield and Chirdonhead II are amongst my favorite stages, pretty much memorized fully), it's just the cars. Of course I could try and practice, but the way I see it it's not worth it. Next round with AWD/RWD cars and I'm here :). I just don't want to "decalibrate" myself, since I'm planning to run a rally in Polish championship tomorrow (not that I'm gonna be faster than 100th place or so, but anyway), since my Impreza N14 handles not even similar to those cars. And I'm already way off my usual slow pace because of lack of practice.

I'm done. -.-

Horrible, horrible, horrible... Had the wrong car. Was trying out the Toyota an hour before the rally started, and I didn't switch back to the car I really wanted. The Toyota was really bouncy, couldn't control it.
Lost the gearbox on SS1, from the slightest contact with a tree. These cars are really fragile... Had more damage than ever before.
Was forced to retire from at least 2 stages, and was last on all the others.

whupee, my first online rallye and I loved every second. Thx all for the many many helpful hints.

managed to get that brake bias thingy sorted out and off we go! France stage1 I had to finish in bumper view because the windshield was cracked after two off moments, france2 was fine. The Aussie stage I got lost two times, i.e. missed a turn and had to reverse without mirror, got stuck on a stump and had to call in help, Japan was fine apart from another cracked windshield, the night stage at Britain was awesome, had never played RBR at night before, next British stage I got lost again (must get round that) and had a neat flip which ended on the wheels, lucky me, first winter stage in Finland was great great fun, had only once played winter stage before in a WRC car, but the Saxo was just great, 2nd Finland stage I had another flip but again I could continue with bumper view.
When's the next one?, this is highly addictive (if only the co-driver would give sensible information ...).

I finished dead last or second to last in most stages, overall third to last with 4:20sth to leader. What do I care?

managed to get some practice in and was confident in finishing all stages and the 1st 6 stages went well, untill stage 7. in practice i once lost all FFB so i re started RSC and re set my wheel only to have it do it again in the offical stage it fely like i had no grip at all but i struggled on but my time was was over 1min slower than my PB. and i also got no FFB and so no feel for the grip but couldnt face driving to the end of the stage so retired :(

as i was leading after stage 6 and confident in doing a good time in ss7 so having to quit the last stage i`m gutted.

Warren would it be possible for me to re-run the last 2 stages?

Nice race, thanks guys for TS. I keep falling more and more behind with stage times. Had 2 stage wins only because other retired. I'll make top 10 overall for sure. :D I can't improve my times, but you for sure can. See you on the next race.

Yeah, my second provisional win for Europe :) and only my second event.

I will write some more tomorrow as I am about to watch Doctor Who :)
PS. I have no problem if Nigel wants to cheat and drive those 2 last stages again. We already told him about his crew listening to us and supplying only tarmac dry tires in stead of snow, but he still things it is a bug in the game :)

:)

play it again Sam

BTW guys, I'd like feedback on this Rally when it is finished. I'm thinking of running something very similar the following week, same cars, but with some other default Stages from various countries again.

Main reasons:
1. To give one more intro for newer drivers
2. These should be nice cars and could give us another chance to try other cars in this class.
3. I'm lazy and need more time to develop the next Rally ideas. :)

yes yes yes !!! I actually wouldn't mind running the exact same event again, maybe this time I would at least find my way around, lol.
Bring it on Warren, and I promise I won't mention the soccer in all of the next thread.

Oh yes, and if someone could transport the graphics from beloved McRaeDirt1 to RBR I wouldn't mind either, some of these stages look like one big prison ward to me.

Well guys sounds like everyone had good bits and bad bits in europe. The aussies run in about 13 hours and I'm sure we'll all have similar stories. I actually like these cars, some setup suggestions have helped immensely and if I crash out of stages this time it'll be because I am pushing too hard. Thanks to a few of you guys I understand things a little better and know I don't have to be in 5th or 6th gear to be quick.

Ford donated a fiesta, martini painted her up, my co-driver still forgets to call some corners as 3's instead of the 4's he calls em but hey, it's all fun. Mind you I do need to slow down for the 1st 4 left or right in new bobs. I can't take that at 160k. I have managed to hug a tree 10 ft up because I didn't listen to him.

I am overall quite optimistic about tonight ...... but then I did think australia would beat germany ... doh !!

Cheers

Interesting feedback so far. I'll comment later, after the Oceania Session is completed.

Nigel, are you really sure you lost FFB. The last two stages are snow, and the FFB is very light on snow, as you might expect. I'm sorry mate, but the on-going rule in our Rally Club is that re-starts are not allowed, you can imagine what a minefield that could turn into if we started trying to decide which circumstances it could be allowed.

It's disappointing to see some pulling out just because the car isn't to their liking, sure they are different, but if we have to run the same cars every time, things will get very boring very fast. This is a friendly Racing Club, not a serious championship, and we are all still learning about RBR (and RSRBR) and just trying to have fun. Personally, in my test runs, I have found these to be quite enjoyable, even though they are different to AWD cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back