RaceDepartment New Website Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment.com will be down on Wednesday 30th October, as we look to bring a fresh new image to the largest sim racing website in the world.

Having undergone considerable growth and change in the last decade and a bit, we feel the time is right to take our website to the next level of presentation and functionality. On the evening of Wednesday 30th October (approx 22:00 UTC) we will close access to www.racedepartment.com for much of the night, as we upload and launch our brand new website!

We anticipate access will be restricted for around 12 hours, but if you still need that essential sim racing fix, take the opportunity to check us out on our various Social Media platforms, which can be accessed via the below links.

See you all on the other side!

RaceDepartment Down.jpg

I may not be understanding you correctly, but why don't you simply click into the Downloads list directly, instead of going via the discussion threads?
If you use that and choose the AC stuff, for example, you'll find yourself on this page and you can select directly which category you want (see screenshot).
View attachment 338069
I am not looking for downloads. Just to read any recent posts in that sub forum and on the old forum I found the easily accessible tags useful. It feels a bit like missed opportunity to have those tags but then hide them away.

OK, now that I've found my way around I'm even more convinced that this is a terrible design idea.

That "hamburger" menu does nothing other that take up space - those categories, as before could be listed in a line at the top of the page.

I'm sick and tired of change purely for the sake of change - when change doesn't bring anything to the table, or in fact takes from the table, then it's a fundamentally wrong approach.

Well I'm mostly on tablet and I like the new layout. Haven't tried with PC browser yet but can't see having much problems with it either.

Was nothing wrong with the old layout though. But either way, no problems.

I like this new one. It feels more pc, less mobile. Only thing I don't like is that threads with new replies and threads with no new replies look very much alike and are harder to distinguish at a glance.

There has been some changes in the backend mostly. We are on a new framework which we needed to roll out as a first step towards a brand new frontpage powered by WordPress.

This meant a few style changes as well to accommodate advertisements better and more screen width for content as people wanted more real estate.

in the coming weeks you'll see a full blown website appearing with new editors to help out creating top content about simracing, esports and motorsports and... a massive announcement.

stay tuned

There has been some changes in the backend mostly. We are on a new framework which we needed to roll out as a first step towards a brand new frontpage powered by WordPress.

This meant a few style changes as well to accommodate advertisements better and more screen width for content as people wanted more real estate.

in the coming weeks you'll see a full blown website appearing with new editors to help out creating top content about simracing, esports and motorsports and... a massive announcement.

stay tuned
I go to my bookmarks now and loose the website everytime my eyes dont pick up on that logo,
I am sure ill get used to it hopefully.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea