RaceDepartment New Website Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment.com will be down on Wednesday 30th October, as we look to bring a fresh new image to the largest sim racing website in the world.

Having undergone considerable growth and change in the last decade and a bit, we feel the time is right to take our website to the next level of presentation and functionality. On the evening of Wednesday 30th October (approx 22:00 UTC) we will close access to www.racedepartment.com for much of the night, as we upload and launch our brand new website!

We anticipate access will be restricted for around 12 hours, but if you still need that essential sim racing fix, take the opportunity to check us out on our various Social Media platforms, which can be accessed via the below links.

See you all on the other side!

RaceDepartment Down.jpg

Yes, but not separated by simulator as before, the whole site is a mess of pollution with ads and content.
We have five ads per page which is also the same as on the previous site. Pretty common on websites nowadays.

Yes we have dropped the simulator categories indeed by design. Sometimes it's good to have a broader view and watch other game content as well. There are some very talented videomakers out there.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry it's not your liking. We know we cannot please everybody but we have tried to keep drastic changes to a minimum.

just add back easy to find calendar please
calender is somewhere hidden or is it there at all right now?
It's still being worked on and will be back soon :thumbsup:
would it be possible for the 'Smilies' window to disappear once you have added your smilie?
Agreed, I wish it would! :mad::D
Or at least, if you dismiss it with escape, the keyboard focus could go back to the editor... That way you could add several smilies in one hit and still keep typing without pain. Not sure it'll be easy to modify it but will have a look. :thumbsup:

With the old version: every time a new notification was available, the "Alert" counter would show up automatically, even if the browser window is not active or when i just switched to RD from another browser tab.

With the new version: I have to click on the alert bell or refresh the page to actually see a new notification show up as counter over the "Alert" bell

Maybe thats intentional, but i think this way it will rise the amount of traffic if i (edit: or anybody else has) have to do so everytime. And maybe its bc i am not premium.

Last edited:
Calendar is back! Great, thank you :)
Is it possible to add the country of the club hosting the event like we had before AU EURO US?
The calendar is not final and is still being worked out. Now, I can't promise the flags... The main disadvantage is that you tend to focus on your time zone only, when you could sometimes join events at other times. Like EU people join AUS races in the morning for example... :whistling:

Last edited:
Perhaps move the download button into the content navigation bar? It's way far right compared to everything else, it's above the ads.
View attachment 333920
for example.
I hope this gets looked at some point. The download button is so far to the right that it is almost hidden.

I'd also prefer if the resource manager filters be available more easily. It is a bit too well hidden in the drop down menu of the drop down menu. Here are two suggestion. Either have them all visible or put the drop down menu directly there

I hope this gets looked at some point. The download button is so far to the right that it is almost hidden.
Agreed - we're planning to fix that.
I'd also prefer if the resource manager filters be available more easily. It is a bit too well hidden in the drop down menu of the drop down menu.
I may not be understanding you correctly, but why don't you simply click into the Downloads list directly, instead of going via the discussion threads?
If you use that and choose the AC stuff, for example, you'll find yourself on this page and you can select directly which category you want (see screenshot).
1575837215328.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back