RaceDepartment New Website Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment.com will be down on Wednesday 30th October, as we look to bring a fresh new image to the largest sim racing website in the world.

Having undergone considerable growth and change in the last decade and a bit, we feel the time is right to take our website to the next level of presentation and functionality. On the evening of Wednesday 30th October (approx 22:00 UTC) we will close access to www.racedepartment.com for much of the night, as we upload and launch our brand new website!

We anticipate access will be restricted for around 12 hours, but if you still need that essential sim racing fix, take the opportunity to check us out on our various Social Media platforms, which can be accessed via the below links.

See you all on the other side!

RaceDepartment Down.jpg

In dark mode it is difficult to distinguish the quality stars, maybe other colors for dark theme stars? The site isn't to bad, I'm on a 32" screen. It's manageable. Will wait and see what happens.

Edit: 19.02.2020
I'm a very regular browser & user of the RD website, I can confirm for myself only, I like the changes.
Back-end functionality is clearly changing from time to time. As a wp custom theme builder, I'm looking forward to the WordPress site. Good job! Good luck!

Last edited:
Yet another comment adressing the bad design: It looks and feels very rushed and unfinished. After all, it's not been too long since you switched to a new design, which was controversial, but it didn't loose much functionality - and it was relatively easy to accomodate to in my opinion, bar some quirks. Now this, this is just bad, even when you've figured out where things are. Apart from some flaws in the looks of the website (e.g. uneven borders of buttons, massive unused spaces that look empty, not clean, which is subjective, and subjectively worse ui in general), the practicality has decreased (e.g. expandable menus on desktop that were formerly permanent, independently scrolling columns).

If this website design is still worked on - that's fine by me, but don't make us all beta testers. Just use the "old" website until the new one is actually finished.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%