Race #8, USA-Indy: Post-Race Checks

Yeah you can actually make an unintentional spin over the curb while intentionally keep flooring the throttle to regain the lost position and keep bumping the car you've already hit to move it out of your way so you can continue racing. Intentionally you didn't wait for the car to return the position. Sounds like untintentional racing incident.

From where you know? You watched the reply to see the throttle input of the car that spun? Because in the video you cant see.

Sigh. This same issue comes up every year. Each director has his own interpretations, the penalties are not the same across WC/Ace/Pro and will never be.

Again, I can only quote myself, it's pointless to compare penalties given by different directors, as the rules don't specify these situations. It's the same pointless discussion each year. If both incidents were judged by same director, then we could have this argument...

The problem with these crappy cars that they spin with every bloody sneeze. With proper cars this would be never a problem, both Hodas and Torres would had just lost some endplates and lived happily thereafter. -1.5PP is just stupid.

The problem with these crappy cars that they spin with every bloody sneeze. With proper cars this would be never a problem, both Hodas and Torres would had just lost some endplates and lived happily thereafter. -1.5PP is just stupid.

If these cars spin if you just sneeze, then maybe the car isn't the problem here...

If you can't improve silence, better don't say anything at all.
Ramming into sidepod at 300+kph is not the same as touching rear wheel of the car when exiting 60kph hairpin. By the way, watch Vettel destroying Button's car in Spa the same year as video you posted. Both did not spun at all even when track was damp.
Better you say nothing that posting non-sense videos.
Tires have less grip too.
Nope.

Tires have less grip in 2014 because Pirelli hardened their compounds 1 step.

You are mixing up two different things. Collision physics of rF2 were never very good, although they have improved, but it has nothing to do with grip. There is lag and prediction involved in collisions online, it's pointless to compare against real.

Ramming into sidepod at 300+kph is not the same as touching rear wheel of the car when exiting 60kph hairpin. By the way, watch Vettel destroying Button's car in Spa the same year as video you posted. Both did not spun at all even when track was damp.
Better you say nothing that posting non-sense videos.

Nope.

You mentioned Torres and Hodas incident, and there they touched their wheels at >300kph, which is what caused the crash. It has nothing to do about sidepods.

And yes, tires have less grip because they were hardened as JES said. Seriously, every time you post something you are wrong, think a bit before posting, for once.

Last edited:
Tires have less grip in 2014 because Pirelli hardened their compounds 1 step.
I think they just shifted compounds for some racetracks to improve durability, but not changed them. Tires are 2013 spec AFAIK.
You mentioned Torres and Hodas incident, and there they touched their wheels at >300kph, which is what caused the crash. It has nothing to do about sidepods.
Yep, it has to do with crappy cars. I've already said that.
Seriously, every time you post something you are wrong, think a bit before posting, for once.
Keep dreaming.
You are mixing up two different things. Collision physics of rF2 were never very good, although they have improved, but it has nothing to do with grip. There is lag and prediction involved in collisions online, it's pointless to compare against real.
On that I would agree, it's far from ideal yet. Thought it was Dominguez who decided to compare it with real, not me.

I think they just shifted compounds for some racetracks to improve durability, but not changed them. Tires are 2013 spec AFAIK.

WHAT’S NEW FOR 2014?
There have been a number of changes in the 2014 tyres compared to their predecessors. In summary:

New compounds
All of the compounds are new: on the whole slightly harder, to take into account the different characteristics of the 2014 cars and improve stability.

New structures
Pirelli has made another step forwards in optimisation of the footprint pressure and temperature distribution. This presents a more even contact with the asphalt and improves grip and handling.

Wider working range
The working ranges of each tyre are closer. This means that there is a smaller difference between the high and low working range compounds.

Smaller performance gaps between the compounds
These have been reduced to just over half a second per lap on average, in order to give the teams an increased number of strategic possibilities during a season when the relative levels of performance between the cars is uncertain.

More driveability in the wet
The wet tyre has been redesigned to reduce aquaplaning and provide more grip even in very wet conditions. It has also been altered to make it a viable alternative to the medium in drying conditions as well as heavy rain.

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/f1/tyre-range

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back