Race #8, USA-Indy: Post-Race Checks

Of course... if he did not lose the position I would not have gave Torres a time penalty. Hodas ended up with a damaged car, something that could have effected his race worse. The SR Guide YOU AND EDUARD both use even says that.

The guide gives less SR in case Time Penalty is applied. What you say its totally out of sense.

Of course what Torres did is wrong, I never said he was innocent. I just say the penalty applied is totally out of range. Why do you apply 1.5 SR and not 0.5 SR? There is no justification for applying both penalties if you don't reduce one of them.

Sigh. This same issue comes up every year. Each director has his own interpretations, the penalties are not the same across WC/Ace/Pro and will never be. There is nothing in the rules about any system how to calculate SR for given incident, it's just something Eduard created for himself to save time.

Regarding Hockenheim, I suggested to Kris to check all previous races Q laps. It doesn't make justice to anyone to now review only Hockenheim if none of the earlier races have been checked for cuts. Obviously this is quite an effort which I could help him with as well, but at moment all my time reserved for FSR have gone to fixing Spa.

1.9 If you have a damaged car which requires repairs, drive to the pits off the racing line.

The video above looks quite careless and dangerous driving to me with damaged car.

Im sorry but I totally disagree. Has he take the right line in turn 6 and 7? I doubt so.

If he hits another car crossing all the race track, then he isn't in the race line, I believe.
everyone was moving to the right while Chris kept his car on the left. Im still wondering why this is a 1.5 SR + Race Ban.

Chris de Jong (0.50)
Penalty: -1.00 Penalty Points for Incident #1. -1.50 Penalty Points for Incident #2. Race Ban, Feature Race Round 9, for Incidents #1, #2, and Safety Rating below 1.00. Back of Grid, Sprint Race Round 9, for Safety Rating below 1.00.

Why a second back of the grid? If im not wrong Marco had double Back of The Grid in another GP.

Back of Grid for Incident #1 before #2 was judged. When JES gave him a BoG (for Incident #2) he then had 2x for Feature race, not including the one for going lower than 1.00 SR.

Marco had a BoG for both Sprint and Feature Races. A bit of a different situation.

Major qualifying or race incident: 0.5 – 2.0 Penalty Points

I see it as major because Hodas did not get to complete another lap.

Neither De Jong had a lap. Im doubting if you check anything as you have to double check everything. And seriously, are you trolling me? If you had check anything you would have seen that his lap was 3 tenths worse, and clearly De Jong was more than three tenths ahead.

As I demonstrated, Martin just lost time in the last corner, but curiously his last sector time its same as his other laps.

Now explain everybody else how Martin Hodas would have completed a Hotlap with 1.76 L remaining in the tank.

<Lap num="9" p="8" et="563.2820" s1="22.0134" s2="30.3707" s3="19.4866" fuel="0.008" fcompound="2,Super Soft" rcompound="2,Super Soft">71.8707</Lap>

I argued everything to dismount your theory he would had another lap. Well, its posible to do a lap with 1.76 L, if you cheat of course.

Last edited:

I see it as major because Hodas did not get to complete another lap.

Back of Grid for Incident #1

Why do you even give a back of the grid if the regulations says "0.5 – 2.0 Penalty Points".

Anyway it should be minor incident as I stated before. Waiting for an answer. he wasn't able to complete a Hot Lpa with 1.76 L :)

2.17 Rule infringements will convert to license Penalty Points according to the following scale
Minor file irregularity: Warning – 0.5 Penalty Points.
Minor qualifying or race incident: Warning – 0.5 Penalty Points -

2.17 is only about how infringements get converted to penalty points. Possible penalties are listed in 2.7:

List of the penalties that will be used for the FSR 2014 Season
1) Official warning
2) Back of the grid
3) 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 & 60 second race time penalty
4) Point deduction
5) Disqualification
6) Race ban

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline