Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
2008-15070-fiat-500-abarth-assetto-corse1.jpg

Mazda-Cup-Car-Review-gear-patrol-slide-1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For our 4th race we're staying in Germany to go racing on the Feldbergring.

The Feldbergring is located in the Taunus mountain region. The circuit is 11.6 km long and consists of public roads, with an altitude difference of 280 m.

The track has a nice flow with demanding fast corners but also some very tricky tight corners. Especially the left handler at the church in the village of Oberreifenberg and the last bend before the long straight are notorious. You better get used to eating straw!

1200px-Feldberg-Rundrennstrecke.svg.png

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: same as last week, otherwise send me a pm
  • Race server: S.GP Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Feldbergring, Germany
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Given these events have 100% transferred grip is there any point the practice server starting at 96% grip?

I'd rather use the server but it's pointless practicing at 96% grip for half and hour to get it up to 100%. I'm guessing that's the reason so few people go on the practice server.
You're right. I can fix that Monday. But the grip improves by every lap on the server.

I love this track, trying to figure out how to squeeze more time out of each corner without dying is a real challenge. :)
You pulled it out of the bag last night though Doug. You found that .7 of a second in the end. It is possible to have one corner not perfect and still get a reasonable time in as we were all doing but i think you had a faultless lap that one time which i guess is a tall order lap after lap. looking forward to the race on yet another great track

You pulled it out of the bag last night though Doug. You found that .7 of a second in the end. It is possible to have one corner not perfect and still get a reasonable time in as we were all doing but i think you had a faultless lap that one time which i guess is a tall order lap after lap. looking forward to the race on yet another great track

Cheers, Steve. There's still a chunk more time to be found, based on last race here.

I'm 1.9 seconds faster than my previous best but I think I can get another second and would like a bit more.

Edit, found a little more but I need to work on consistency.

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely agree with Douglas and Steve. All the time is about risk, take it for a chunk of time, mess it up, I am not talking about an off, the opposite happens.
Risk free drive and you have a 2+ second penalty .
Okay if everyone is doing the same, but if all are taking risks and you are on a risk free strategy, then you are loosing a lot of time.
I have taken that route before, waited and waited, only to find all those risk taking “rotters” have become all alien.
:(:roflmao::roflmao:

Yes, absolutely agree with Douglas and Steve. All the time is about risk, take it for a chunk of time, mess it up, I am not talking about an off, the opposite happens.
Okay if everyone is doing the same, but if all are taking risks and you are on a risk free strategy, then you are loosing a lot of time.
I have taken that route before, waited and waited, only to find all those risk taking “rotters” have become all alien.

Getting round safely is at a premium for sure.

I'm just happy that I have found 3.1 seconds from last race in June. I already thought I was close to my limit but turns out I have more in the tank. I just need to find the same again to be up front!

In June I took a risk-free approach, and placed 5th after Allan and three Abarths. No chance of repeating that now, I haven't even matched my PB yet. Probably won't either, since I'm working almost around the clock and have little to no time to practice.

In June I took a risk-free approach, and placed 5th after Allan and three Abarths. No chance of repeating that now, I haven't even matched my PB yet. Probably won't either, since I'm working almost around the clock and have little to no time to practice.
Usually I spend 30 minutes practice for each circuit, it always involves a final setup Tweeks and laps required to do this, so both setup and practice gets combined.
I am assuming, Circuit I know and a car that has been setup before on another circuit.
But I understand, when I did my set up here last night, what with off’s and back to the pits for another setup tweek and 4+ minute laps you soon run up an hour.

My point? some do a lot of practice, I find it gets counter productive for me, so an hour is virtually a max with a new car and track, like Fuji and GT2 bmw tonight, and that is one of the hardest circuits I have ever driven. I raced here a long time ago with the group C Mazda, so some of it was in my memory bank from the off.
:)

Usually I spend 30 minutes practice for each circuit, it always involves a final setup Tweeks and laps required to do this, so both setup and practice gets combined.
I am assuming, Circuit I know and a car that has been setup before on another circuit.
But I understand, when I did my set up here last night, what with off’s and back to the pits for another setup tweek and 4+ minute laps you soon run up an hour.

My point? some do a lot of practice, I find it gets counter productive for me, so an hour is virtually a max with a new car and track, like Fuji and GT2 bmw tonight, and that is one of the hardest circuits I have ever driven. I raced here a long time ago with the group C Mazda, so some of it was in my memory bank from the off.
:)

I'm still learning so every lap is a bonus for me, a chance to try something different or refine my line or technique.

I'm still learning so every lap is a bonus for me, a chance to try something different or refine my line or technique.
Tough track to learn Doug, haven't raced here in a year or so, thought I knew it well, then found yet another one of Fat Alfie's 'post of death':roflmao: - tight left out of long right hander, somewhere lol).

Further to @Kek700 Ernie's post, ideally I like to drive the track 'till I feel it 'flows', if that makes sense:ninja: - so here I've done about an hour's driving, and 30 mins setup work...but know there's still time there, so frustrating, but part of the attraction of David's tracks:)

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies