AC Race #4 Championship Abarth/Mazda@Feldbergring, Wed 16th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
what can i say the start was super fun bullying mazdas around . didnt know my pace until race in qualy i was testing braking zones thats why i was out , congratz to Ernie , Han and Kimi we kept the moskitos out . Ended with a pain on my clutch foot heel need to buy a foot rest on the side of the pedal but really enjoyed the race anyway didnt expect to be this fast

Great race with Han and Fulvio, really enjoyed that. Fulvio was in a different league.
Han luckily for me Made a mistake, other wise it would have been a placed lost.
Really found concentration for 1 hour, a real problem, I don’t know if I was alone in that.
I had 4 off’s, all just loosing concentration, this is not a circuit that lets you off the hook.
Well done podiums.:)

My race went the way of my recent races, unfortunately.

I was too careful on lap 1 and lost a few places. Kept up with the mid pack but Arnold got past me and I lost time following him in the twisty section.

Then he made a mistake and hit a fence, I avoided him but lost control and crashed.

At that point I lost momentum and took an early stop but couldn't get a good rhythm going.

Caught up with Raul but made two big mistakes trying to get in range for a pass which put me well down.

Kept at it and eventually passed Raul when he spun and Arnold who was slow at the end (fuel saving?). Almost got Steve, too, on the last lap.

More work on consistency and racecraft for me.

That was the most intense first couple laps I've had in this championship. And as Hank said, ended with some nail biting too :confused::thumbsup:

Happy with my race, managed to keep close to those around where I started. Beat my old PB by a few seconds during the week in practice, but today I never managed to match my time coming out of that last hairpin :O_o: And had to watch my delta tick down most laps :cry::laugh:

Congrats to the winners and finishers. It's really been fun so far with such a full grid at these tracks. Thanks Han for organizing and everyone else for showing up :)

Last edited:
Then he made a mistake and hit a fence, I avoided him but lost control and crashed.
I hit the fence about 6 times. I didn't think about the track length of about 12km so I practiced about 5 laps before the race :laugh: :thumbsup:
Arnold who was slow at the end (fuel saving?).
Yup same old story. Instead of adding 2 or 3 litres more than i need, I lose 2 or 3 positions in the end for fuel saving....:whistling:

But great battles with you and Martinez.:)

I'd post a video if my recording wasn't so choppy :O_o:, but that first lap was some of the longest "still there" I've had from my crew chief in a long time :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_feldberg_16-10-122-16-42-46.jpg

I had a lot of fun at the back! I felt like Latifi having to fight pure for pace and was lacking practice again :redface: (0 mins). With a none suitable setup and wrong fuel load I had to guess where the corners were going and where the steer-in points were. But this gave me a challenge and a lot of fun though! Every corner having a back which was stepping out is good for the reflexes but not maintainable for a hour :roflmao:

Thanx guys!

Last edited:
Great racing everyone. I think I agree with Allan that this is my favorite track although Battenbergring comes close. The Abarth is truly in its element here. It's so satisfiying to have a good exit at the last turn and then leave the hairdressers in desperation.
Battenbergring (next race) is probably more a Mazda track.

Qualified 2nd in the last lap with a new PB which was great because I can trust on Ernie bad starts. Indeed I had the lead before we entered the village. In the first lap I had to defend Allan until I could create a big gap on the long straight. After only 3 laps (Mazda guys????) Fulvio was closing in and I decided to take my pitstop not to loose time in defending him because Ernie was also closing the gap.
Totally screwed up my pitstop by hitting the wall and do a 180). After my pitstop I was behind Kimi and Allan but in the same lap I could overtake them, strangely enough Allan in the twisty part and Kimi on the straight.
When Ernie came out of the pits I was closing fast on him and with my speed from the straight I could pass him just before the village. So 2nd with a gap of 10s to Fulvio and Ernie close behind. I couldn't hold my nerve so I made a mistake and Ernie and Allan could profit. I got 3rd back when Allan pitted and finished in that position.

Loved every second of it. Thanks all for joining. Congrats to the other podium guys and see you in two weeks again in Germany.

Last edited:
I think I agree with Allan that this is my favorite track although Battenbergring comes close.
Yes on both counts there..What a race..Hands Up, we Neeeeeeed Fat Alfie to make at least 3 more tracks..:sneaky:..Han just pipped me in Quali,so i was behind our Dear Old Bugger @Kek700,who had just woken from his 6th afternoon snooze to take Pole..Got Ernie on the Start but Han kept it straight and defended as i was breathing down his neck...Ernie quickly re-took 2nd and now in 4th Kimmi was hot on my heels...Jeez what a battle we had..He was defending his life away ha ha,i was pushing he was pushing,any bit of a straight the Abarth is off,any corner the Mazda is right back on its ASS..:roflmao:..After a few laps Han pitted but i could,nt capitalize getting in front of Kimmi,so Han caught up,slight mistake from Kimmi on the uphill twisty bit made me brake and Han came sailing past..Great racing Kimmi,couple of minor taps, but that close, is racing..Finished 5th overall, 1st in my class so im happy with that...Cant wait for next 1,improved my set-up and already a lot quicker so.........:sneaky:..Until next time guys...Stay Safe...

we Neeeeeeed Fat Alfie to make at least 3 more tracks
I know Fat-Alfie had Solitude (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solitude_Racetrack) as work in progress. I don't want to pressure him because he's doing all this for free as a hobby. But it would be nice if we can have it for the 2023 Fat-Alfie championships. I will ask him shortly if he's still working on that.

It would be a great as a kind of tradition:
  • 2021 Bremgarten
  • 2022 Battenbergring
  • 2023 Solitude
I also have started a tradition for myself to buy David a couple of beers/coffees via Paypal around Christmas as thank you for all those lovely kilometers I have driven on his tracks in the past year.

I think it would be a good idea if we all gave him a couple of euros for the slendid job he does..How about it Guys???
I would participate in such a campaign. I only driven about half of his tracks so far but you can easily see that guys like him have passion for assetto corsa. I know there is so much free content in this sim (I have over 1000 car mods and over 100 tracks...) and while many of them a really good, you can distinguish the mediocre ones with the good, and with the awesome ones. If we didn't had guys like him we would drive in 17 tracks since 2013. That's what I am thinking. I don't want to overact but he is a living legend in the assetto universe :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back