AC Race #1 FAT-ALFIE's Championship@Thomson, Wednesday 18th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Unlike a normal event where most do it with a small bit of practice.
Just turn up and take what comes on the night. :)

Tonight is going to be very tough for all of us, everyone is going to struggle for every yard of this circuit, both Mazda and Audi have a very competitive field to deal with.:confused:

View attachment 496533

Points mean prizes

Me I am going flat out for this event.

View attachment 496534

This is my 4th race her so I will hopefully remember the track... 2 GT3 races and one the the S1 quattro.. Looking forward to trying it in the mazda, which i hope doesn't try to kill me as much as the others did!

This is my 4th race her so I will hopefully remember the track... 2 GT3 races and one the the S1 quattro.. Looking forward to trying it in the mazda, which i hope doesn't try to kill me as much as the others did!
You wish :cautious:

The track variations certainly make for a "entertaining challenge"

( BTW, its quite easy to master the understeer of the Audis:
just don´t go WOT ;))

MFG Carsten

( who in IRL only drives FWD if he is paid for the pain :cool:)

I thought we didn't discuss laptimes on RD so the slower drivers were not scared off, or is it a bit different in a championship?

I may be scared now... :)
Afaik it's a bit different for leagues. But this is just a "fun championship" so I have no idea about the guidelines..

But don't be scared, this is such a bag full of surprises with the grip level, wind and temperatures.. And I for example am really slow...
Today on the server I was 2 seconds slower than Paul Fairweather...

I thought we didn't discuss laptimes on RD so the slower drivers were not scared off, or is it a bit different in a championship?

I may be scared now... :)
You're right, we don't normally mention lap times here, but I'll allow it for once (and have participated myself) because the conditions are new and the lap times depend on the times you're practicing. For example, when I ran my first laps in a session just started (grip was 90%), I was about 6 seconds slower than my PB. With 23 cars in the race, I suppose grip level improves rather fast so everyone will see that his laptimes become faster with every lap until the grip is at 100%. Then I should be able to get close to my PB.

I said to myself, just go for points, keep out of trouble, play safe. "Three" times I got punted, one was just unfortunate so I don't count that one.
It was like the driving gods were picking on me personally, they have been recently, the Rotters, really having a run of bad luck of late.:mad:
I was losing the will to live in this race, even tried a shortcut in the pits to retrieve some time, bang, backwards and forwards losing more time with an invisible wall, that will teach me to try and get some time back.:mad:

overall I enjoyed it.

105706__58140.1542713995.380.500.jpg

Last edited:
I think I will call that a learning experience for me.

Qualified ok, fell to the back on the start but that kept me out of the first corner incidents.

Ok pace but too many small and bigger errors. Ended up in some good battles with Brian, Taj and Raul. Last 20 minutes I was settled into a "safe" 3rd last but then, somehow, I set my fastest lap and I then decided to push to try to catch Brian, should he make a mistake.

Sadly I pushed too hard and made several mistakes which let Taj then Raul past

On to the next one!

Thanks Han for organising and congratulations to everyone that survived.

That was good fun. Some nice battles with @Douglas Aird , @Taj Johal and @Dzul towards the middle. Survived the lamposts, only hit 2, non critical which was the main thing! Both just slow tips! Almost had the perfect start through the carnage until i door banged another mazda, exiting the hairpin with unexpected understeer..., sending me straight into the nearest lampost!

Thanks han for organising :thumbsup:

Was lucky to avoid all first lap incidents!

Really enjoyed this race, was under big pressure from Tim for the first ten laps before he lost the connection to the server (?). Then a bit of a lonely race trying to be consistent and bang in the laps. After the pitstop where I in hindsight took too much fuel, Guido was closing the gap. When I lost a few seconds at the hairpin being offline for the TT train he got right on my bumper. Had to make my mx5 very wide to keep third in class.

Hard track to pass on!

Thanks everyone for joining. It was good fun for (almost) everybody so that's great!
Congrats to the podium and all drivers that scored their first points.
And also thanks everyone for the respectful racing. The Audi's were great in their patience with the Mazda's in the Snakes :thumbsup:!

You can look up the standings of the championship on S.GP here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/aROaJQUKNe1EUaFh4ZI-c#standings

Next month the 2nd race at Bremgarten. It is about 8 km long and has some different track conditions than this race.
Next week we will go back to the F1 circuits with optimal conditions. It will be Spa, Belgium and tomorrow I will post the thread and open the event for registration on S.GP.

And next Tuesday we will have another secret fun event. The first two were very succesful so please have a read here and see if you can spare about 1 1/2 hour for some fun. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mystery-event-3-tuesday-24th-august-2021.206813/

Hope to see you on track then!

Was lucky to avoid all first lap incidents!

Really enjoyed this race, was under big pressure from Tim for the first ten laps before he lost the connection to the server (?). Then a bit of a lonely race trying to be consistent and bang in the laps. After the pitstop where I in hindsight took too much fuel, Guido was closing the gap. When I lost a few seconds at the hairpin being offline for the TT train he got right on my bumper. Had to make my mx5 very wide to keep third in class.

Hard track to pass on!
Sadly yes I dropped off the server, very disappointed about that. :( Your car disappeared into the trees and real-time showed just me in the race. I did eventually reconnect but back in the pits, at that point I had been gone several minutes and lost the enthusiasm to bother continuing now 2 laps down on the slowest Mazdas. It was a hairy first couple of laps with cold tyres, pressure from Han and Guido and then the Audis all over the place coming out of T1 having to contend with them all making their way back to the front, I was pretty wobbly a few times in the snakes and was only really saved with the narrow track preventing me dropping quite a few places early on. Looking forward to the next one @HF2000, thanks for organising.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea