Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

IMPORTANT: THIS CHAMPIONSHIP IS NOW A CLOSED EVENT. YOU CAN SIGN UP BY POSTING IN THIS THREAD.

This week the first event of the FAT-ALFIE Championship 2021.
We start with Thomson Road, Singapore. It's Davids shortest track and it's called by some of us the Lamppost Horror Show. You will see why in practice:D .

Additional information:
We use realistic track conditions as opposed to our regular events where we have optimal conditions.

Look at the event configuration to see what they are.
For temperatures and wind, the historical average values of the location on that date are used. Grip is what you can expect from road tracks: far from optimum. This affects the handling of the car and possibly fuel consumption and tyre wear. So don't be discouraged if you can't get close to your PB in practice.
The practice server is configured accordingly.

1200px-Thomson_Road_Circuit.svg.png

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (10 min TT, 10 min MX5)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from a TT, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the TT by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The TT driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TT. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Thomson, Singapore
  • Pit stop: Mandatory between 10 min and 50 min.
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Just had two very sweaty hours in the jungle. :geek:

It will be chore to do a race simulation here, the AI is NOT working.
I tried the mediums ( because softer<>faster) but they don´t work for me in this heat.
I guess we will see some very interesting and innovative pit strategies here ;)

MFG Carsten

Just had two very sweaty hours in the jungle. :geek:

It will be chore to do a race simulation here, the AI is NOT working.
I tried the mediums ( because softer<>faster) but they don´t work for me in this heat.
I guess we will see some very interesting and innovative pit strategies here ;)

MFG Carsten
Ah, my evil plan seems to work!! :D :thumbsup: :)

First try of the track last night, what a dangerous one! Survival, rather than outright pace us going to be the key, especially for a 1 hour race.

In practice Ernie overtook me just before the Devils Bend but I was right on his boot through the corner, something to watch out for in the race.

First try of the track last night, what a dangerous one! Survival, rather than outright pace us going to be the key, especially for a 1 hour race.

In practice Ernie overtook me just before the Devils Bend but I was right on his boot through the corner, something to watch out for in the race.
It's not nice to be overtaken on the inside in Devil's Bend because of the lamppost on the left just after the bend. So a little understeer there could be fatal. You want to have a margin there, but an overtaking car on the inside prevents that. Driving a Mazda I would "claim" the apex there for an inbound Audi by going to the center of the lane and braking a little earlier.
With his surplus of speed he can then overtake in the long flat corner.

It's not nice to be overtaken on the inside in Devil's Bend because of the lamppost on the left just after the bend. So a little understeer there could be fatal. You want to have a margin there, but an overtaking car on the inside prevents that. Driving a Mazda I would "claim" the apex there for an inbound Audi by going to the center of the lane and braking a little earlier.
With his surplus of speed he can then overtake in the long flat corner.
Since it was practice and I was on a scrappy lap so I just let him past. I think it was on that corner but it might have been another one. Good learning for the race.

Last edited:
Does anybody know a tutorial how to work with the pit menu?

I found a post that it could be controlled with the arrow keys, but that doesn´t work for me.
(Went through CM and CSP, didn´t find a setting to make that work??)

Thanks in advance

Carsten

What I do is set the pitstop strategy under the car setup itself (furthest right on the horizontal menu / tabs), it worked pretty well on practice saturday. Just pit, the crew knows what to do.

Last edited:
Does anybody know a tutorial how to work with the pit menu?

I found a post that it could be controlled with the arrow keys, but that doesn´t work for me.
(Went through CM and CSP, didn´t find a setting to make that work??)

Thanks in advance

Carsten
Normally I do it like Raul said. But on track (not in pitlane) it works with the arrow key on my H shifter G27. But it's tricky because you have to navigate through the options while driving. I only had to use it once when I discovered I had not enough fuel and had to do an unplanned pitstop. Now when I have a race without pitstop I still configure one with 5 liters fuel just in case.

Last edited:

Yes I noticed that too, I did it because we were practicing, and wanted to see how it would work out for the Audi/ Mazda.
I came away convinced that the Audi will have to do a lot of waiting on the Mazda’s for some parts of this circuit..
I just assumed as it was practice and you would not mind; was going to say it on the night but slipped my mind.
Sorry. :)

Last edited:
Yes I noticed that too, I did it because we were practicing, and wanted to see how it would work out for the Audi/ Mazda.
I came away convinced that the Audi will have to do a lot of waiting on the Mazda’s for some parts of this circuit..
I just assumed as it was practice and you would not mind; was going to say it on the night but slipped my mind.
Sorry. :)
All good Ernie, it was practice and I wasn't on a good lap and I slowed a littleto let you by. We both learned something from that corner.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea