AC Race #1 FAT-ALFIE's Championship@Thomson, Wednesday 18th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
How true.

96A13DAF-1557-4C9D-A565-9FD642B1FBF9.jpeg

Han, are you sure you want to spend your time post race adjudicating incidents?
Hi Douglas,

Not more than I have to do as the organizer to respond on reports. But now the only penalty we have is to ban a driver for 30 days or more. With the championship feature of adjusting points I can use other penalties. The penalties are only there to stimulate careful driving. A ban is often too harsh, I think.
Thank you for your concern :thumbsup: .

Last edited:
Well,
since the "Bumpilton" situation was mentioned, how much fuzz would it be for you, Han, to adjust the tables after administering a time penalty?
Since there is no way we can administer "live marshalling" a drive through or stopandgo are not doable.
But it would be completely doable to add a 10sec penalty after the fact.
Most of the time this should mean the offender looses one ore several positions which I think only just.
Its more work for Han for shure,

so what do you think?

MFG Punttas :redface:

Last edited:
The adjusting of points only takes seconds. The evaluation of the reports is what's taking time. Watching the replay from different perspective. Contact the offender and if he doesn't agree, the discussion within the staff. But that's now also the case for filed reports.
Of course if this means that there will be more reports filed, it will cost more time.

So for me the only question is, do we want to use deduction of points as replacement for the ban-penalty in Championships.
And if so, how many points and what's going to be the limit for negative value.

Han, are you sure you want to spend your time post race adjudicating incidents?
During my time as a race host I saw quite some people stop racing in our clubs because they got spun around without waiting and instead of filing a report, they just left.
They couldn't bring themselves to get someone banned :(

I didn't do a statistic but I would guess that about 75% of golden rule breaches aren't reported.
Which isn't bad on its own but sadly I would also guess that at least 50% of these end up with the spun person being frustrated.

That's why Han and I really like the possibility of just doing a point penalty for these :)

OK,
how about the offender gets docked half his points?
That should hurt and make driving on much more "expensive" than waiting.

But it has to be enforced.

I´ve played League Paintball for a while, the amount of cheat..., ear rule bending was directly proportional to the assumed competence of the marshalls.:O_o:

MFG Carsten

To clarify, I ment to "dock the points" and the corresponding positions.
So if the halving of points puts him three positions down waiting would have been "cheaper"

About reporting:
It´s a problem when the " wronged party" doesn´t report it and just leaves the community.
On the other hand "see something say something" isn´t ideal either because it tastes like snitching.

I don´t honestly know what would be the best and most sportsmanlike way to proceed.

MFG Carsten

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 365 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing