RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

392860_gs1.jpg

Fun second race - thanks guys :thumbsup:

I blew my pitstop in Race 1 so didn't get the tyres/repairs I needed and had to sit out the rest of the race.

Second race, I stayed near the back and tiptoed past the few crashes so I picked up 3 or 4 places and nearly got a point! (I was in 8th until the last lap - my best result yet in a big field). I also broke my own track record for STCC at Macau *happy dance* :inlove:

Looking forward to Friday with the Minis.:coffee:

What a return to online racing!

Thanks to this weekend's time trial, I got up to a reasonable pace pretty fast - managed to qualify in 2nd position as both Peter and a very fast Daniel didn't make a lap.

Started rather lousy into the first race, but still managed to keep position - meanwhile, hell broke lose at the back of the pack:
umtpiXR.jpg

I managed to hang on to Arunas for a while, but once he was back into his rhythm, catching up, let alone passing wasn't an option. Damo, Nuno and the other guys were busy fighting each other, so I had a pretty relaxed drive home.

Race #2 was a whole different ball game, though - started pretty lousy once more, but still held position, once more. The next 8 laps were packed with action - passes, crashes right in front of me, unfortunate re-entries (but nothing too bad :)), loads of drafting and, in the end, another podium - P3: Simply put, too much action for screenshots, so here's the replay, in case you're really interested :)

http://goo.gl/RJMKj2

Thanks for coming out, everyone, see you in the Rads!

It's so good to have this game back!

B2MUk4ICAAADRV1.jpg:large

Race 1
Got a very nice start, which had the added bonus of keeping me clear of the turn 3 accident which caught up a few people. The highlight came when @Nelson Ullinskey came up behind and I managed to hold him off for two laps by almost literally parking on every apex. He eventually got past, and in my haste to strike back I lit up the tyres and hit a wall. Pitted for repairs but I was last of the finishers.

Race 2
Made an amazing start and jumped about 3 rows to 4th. This put @Alex Odell and the rest of the fast guys on my tail, and Alex got past at the end of lap 1. Then, going down the straights, I was briefly 3-wide with @Arunas Linkevicius and @Björn Golda (above). The inevitable happened: I tangled with Arunas, nearly rolled (below), then bounced between cars and barriers, getting a puncture in the process. I spent the rest of the race hunting down @Connor Caple, succeeding, before clipping the wall on the last lap and smashing out of the race, upside down and on fire.

B2MSKjTCIAAUH9t.jpg:large

Those are fuuuuuuun :)

EDIT: Current setup in case anyone's interested. (It may sound/look like putting sixth gear a bit larger might be a great idea, but it doesn't make that much of a difference in my experience :))

Also, I apparently got rusty, posted the skinpack link too early - feel free to submit Rad skins (no pun intended), of course :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201443):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Attachments

• BG Rad190 Dry.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Race one ended with a pooped out engine, and I barely limped to tenth in the second race. Despite this, I had a blast :inlove:. Insanely close racing with everyone, which kept me on my toes for the whole thing! Lot of crazy stuff happened, cars upside down, cars facing the wrong way! Awesome fun, thank you everyone for the fun :thumbsup:. I love Macau as a track, it is so challenging and fast, with no room for error. Epic way to come back to Race 07 online.

Race 1
I was one and only, the unique GOOFY without brakes!!! I passed the brake point in hotel corner at the 1st round, without realizing it and my victim was Dennis...
I am so sorry... Dennis.
I feel very badly because I destroyed your RACE. :redface:

Race 2
Just unlucky.
so much pity... today. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • Better structured events