RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi guys,

I'm new around here. Thinking of joining up for some of your Race 07 club races (starting with tomorrow's event).

Am I right in thinking that as it's Minis at Macau (ie. standard game content), then I should be able to join in without downloading any mods at this stage?

I currently have a 'plain install' of Race 07 and all the official addons (Evo, Race injection, Race On etc).

Sorry for my newbie question!

Many thanks

Kevin

Wow, I made it through the first three corners in that video!
@Kevin Bradley Glad to have you come aboard, I think you'll like racing with us. Notice in the vid, many of us have skins as we run this class every week and it makes us easy to find as individuals. No need for you to rush out and make a skin, even though Bjorn has made it easy for you[look here]. But do pick up the most recent skin pack [here] and enjoy the racing and pit stop!

Some of you know from being on TS Tuesday that next week's track is Abu Dhabi. Some have already downloaded the track from our resources and if you have you must download again if you did it before the track was updated yesterday! Some may have seen a server set up for Tuesdays race already as well.

I want your input as to which car we should be driving. Comments are welcome but the choice will be by the highest vote received by a car. I've just concluded testing on my own but I won't comment and will wait to vote :coffee:.

This must be the first track ever, that I have never had the pleasure to drive on.
However. I still know it pretty well, thanks to Blancpain and various GT events from YouTube.

Since I am -9000 (yes, that's right, it's a minus :sneaky:) fan to open wheelers,
I am not to keen to even test this combo.
But, you never know. Sometimes you get surprised when you least expect it :D
So, I will DL the track, and test it out with the various cars, and then make up my mind, come back and give my vote :cautious:

My game crashed when I took the checkered flag.
Apparently it didn't like going from 4th gear to 1st, which I always do just for giggles :p

These cars are really fun to drive, but to be honest, I have no idea how to treat them.
Closest I can think off is an F1 car.

I went with pretty much the standard set-up, with a few adjustments to the rear wing,
gear box, tire pressure, and break pressure.

Overall the car was okay, but extremely unstable during braking.
During the two races, I were terrified every single time I had to break.

Race 1:
Got a somewhat decent start, and manage to take the lead thanks to drafting.
But it didn't take long until @Nelson Ullinskey were breathing down my neck, and caused nervousness.
I think on lap 2 or 3, my biggest fear came true, and during braking at T3, my car got little sideways
and Nelson passed me. I tried to stick with him, but you know, Alien is an Alien.

Close to the end, I managed to pick up some speed, and closed the gap by 2 seconds.
From 10 seconds to 8, but why bother. Since Nelson cheated and used Nos :cautious:

Race 2.
Again, a decent start, but unstable car is unstable, so @Dennis Phelan were able to pass
a few corners later. I mange to hang on to him for a few laps, until he made a mistake,
and I could pass. I started to celebrate and got cocky. But you know what?
After few laps, Nelson.... There he was again, using Nos.

But this time I wasn't going to be a good dog and just roll over.
I defended hard, but still on a fair level. Of course, I lost speed thanks to this.
I slapped myself in the face and said "stop looking in the mirror" and it worked for a while,
until Nelson once again cheated, and used Nos, and were once breathing down my neck.
I thought a few times that he was going to pass, since we were side by side a few times.
But i managed to hold him off, and could take checkered flag.

Thank you for an epic fight Nelson, and thank you Dennis for this event.

Small crowd, but that still was some great racing :)

Managed to shave off some more time compared to TT'ing on the weekend throughout the practice sessions.. With qualifying coming closer, I once again opted for less fuel as passing here is.. complicated? ;) Managed to snatch pole off of Nelson who was on race fuel and not quite getting in a perfect lap :)

Started fairly well, but so did the rest.. Daniel must've spent some time in the wind channel as he gained so much drafting and thus went by easily - next up was Nelson, which put me into P3...
x38uJhb.jpg

...up until the first hairpin passage, anyway - I clipped the inside barrier and spun around to let Dennis and Damo through. Regained control and set off to hunt down Damo in P4.
ZUpnJD5.jpg

Both he and Dennis didn't put up much of a fight.. Unfortunately, I then decided I could go for some shaky lines and Dennis was past me again!
suqJL0b.jpg

This time, he put up quite a defense and we got a nice battle going until, going into T1, he clipped a barrier and bumped into my Radical, sending the both of us for a short spin - nothing damaged, though
YnUhw41.jpg

Afterwards, I had a fairly relaxed ride home to take P3.

Starting fairly well into race #2, as well, I got by Damo but once more, Daniel was up to some slipstream action and got by before T3 while Dennis got himself into P1. Hunting the both of them down, Nelson, who was directly behind me, touched a wall and bumped off into me - we both got back into action pretty fast, though (and, once again, no damage)
whJDbK5.jpg

We got by Damo again and tried to catch up with Daniel and Dennis - with the latter spinning out, we got into 2nd and 3rd position, very close, nice racing... up until I imitated Dennis' maneuver and lost direct contact to Nelson, who then proceeded to hunt Daniel.
gIyuApO.jpg

Thanks for racing, everyone, see you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 77 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 124 56.4%