1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RD Race07 skinpack

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Björn, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

The RaceDepartment skinpack
    As discussed during the previous week(s), we're unifying the Mini/WTCC skinpacks into a new RaceDepartment skinpack. At the same time, we're extending the pack to include all other classes run during RD club events, so you can spraypaint your Radicals, GTs, everythings!

All skins by drivers who have signed up for a RD club event during the last three months as well as pending uploads have been migrated and are already available in the pack.

As usual, the pack is available as a 7zip file via the RD download resources and, in order to keep things tidy, now contains a slightly modified folder structure (see below).
    Updates, if there are any, will be issued every Sunday - given the current club event structure, this allows short-term skin development targeted at vehicles used at the next week's events right after they are announced :)

[​IMG]

Guidelines & Informations
    (a.k.a. "I don't wanna call this rules, we're still casually racing ;))
    Add your skin
    Getting your skin added is easy - just zip/rar/7zip it, upload it somewhere (dropbox, mega, the choice is yours) and link it in this topic. If everything's fine, it will be added to the next update.
    You don't have a skin yet? Whoops! Well, basically, there are three ways to overcome this dilemma:

Status
    Currently, there are no skins waiting to be included - the pack's up to date!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

thanks Bjorn for this. Looks like i've got some skins to sort out this afternoon!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Björn

Björn

Alex (or someone else who might know :D) - any idea whether it's possible to skin helmets (type 2) with transparent visors? There are 'opacity' layers in the template files, though I've no idea on how to use them to achieve transparency :O_o:

sneak peek at (one of) the first non-Mini/WTCC skin coming to the pack, next Thursday's Rad event poses an excellent opportunity to start skinning (especially since the template, which seems chaotic at first, really is quite useful :))
    [​IMG]

4. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I'll have to have a look. I noticed the other day my visor was opaque when really it should have at least some degree of transparency, but I've not yet had tome to have a look at it, I'll let you know when I do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Björn

Björn

No hurries :)

In other news: the pack has been updated :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

7. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Here's my addition to the skins pack. Only the Mini, STCC2 Volvo C30 and the Formula Master car so far. I will add to the pack as and when. Click the picture to download.

Cheers Bjorn!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Björn

Björn

The update's live: CLICK

I've included all skins except Dennis' defect Aston Martin livery - I've also fixed up a few INI files to reduce logging into \SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins\Errors.log

Cheers, and keep the skins coming :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Hmmm, seems I never really put that one through the wringer to actually make it a skin. Oh well, someday.

10. Björn

Björn

Phew, the Cruze's windows sure are annoying without photoshop's mask layers.. anyway, a few hours later...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Björn

Björn

• Like Like x 1
  12. Björn

Björn

48(-ish) hours to skin a GT Club vehicle of your choice :)

[​IMG]
    (hopefully done by then ;))

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  13. Björn

Björn

The update's live! Apart from the Z4, I've checked the remaining error messages from the log file, the pack's error-free now :)

[​IMG]

14. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

I have skins for Mr Needlemouse, Aleena, Tikal, and Sash on my OneDrive. I know it's too late for tomorrow's STCC2 race, but hopefully in time for Thursday and Friday's races :)

Mr Needlemouse:
    [​IMG]

Aleena:
    [​IMG]

Tikal:
    [​IMG]

Sash:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Björn

Björn

It's update time! :)

Sorry for the slight delay, took some more time to finish my IFM, tried to give a F1 classic a modern style :)
    [​IMG]

16. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

That's awesome Bjorn. Love classics liveries on modern cars but also with the modern logos of those original sponsors.

17. Björn

Björn

Heh, thanks :)

The newer logos were pretty much the reason to do this, considering there are at least two "classic" Jordan 191 skins for the IFM out there already.
    Partially, they were quite tricky, though - had to settle on one of two 7up logos that both had massive non-seperated green areas - a white outline it was. The bp logo had the exact same problem, so I decided to play a bit with the light green at the nose to get a contrast in there. I kinda stole that idea off of your skin ;)

btw, this guy has (graphically) adapted quite a lot retro liveries onto modern cars, in case anyone needs inspiration :)

18. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

So, I have a few skins (mostly for WTCC) that I use during our races. They aren't made by me, but from NoGrip and 100Mbit. Can they be added to the pack, or do I need to start fresh and create my own. I have no skills in making skins, so can anyone help out if thats the case?

19. Björn

Björn

No problem with 3rd party skins - however, you should get in contact with the original author and get his permission to use it, first :)

Alternatively, if you outline your ideas for a skin in here, someone may be interested in getting a car done for you - I might see what I can do and I got a feeling @Alex Odell could be interested, too ;)
    Although only two cars (one of which is not in R07), you might wanna use these pdf templates from racingcolour.co.uk to outline your ideas: Sedan/Hatchback