RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: Pulled 5th from somewhere no right-thinking person should ever be looking :)

Race 1: Got a decent start, managed to run side-by-side through turn 2, then ran too deep in 3. Didn't hit anyone though. Made to rejoin the race, only to see half the field have accidents right alongside me! When I did finally get going again, it was scrappy; did a bit of pinballing. Settled down after a lap or two, and cruised home to 9th. Well, I say cruised... if you don't count the Alfa-shunt-sandwich, turning a corner to see half a Peugeot blocking the track, stuff like that :)

Race 2: Another good start, and was amazed to see the entire field make it to turn 4 without crashing and dying in a huge fireball ;) Had some great racing once I'd caught the pack too, including a sweet outbraking overtake into turn 3 on @Ralf Eiden, and taking @Dennis Phelan (I think) round the outside of turn 1. Ended right back where I qualified: 5th.

BRING ON THE MINIS! And maybe the Radicals too...

The time Trial did help with setup even though I drove a different car in this event. I guess it pays to have good setup skills :rolleyes:

@Peter Ell , You were very fast coming into the "corner" but my destiny had already been determined when I missed my brake point and knew I was going to miss the corner :cry:, never even thought that you had made contact. Puncture and failed motor for me to end R1.

R2, a bit more cautious as I think many were but not making much headway untill a pileup on the way to the hairpin created a hole for me to slip by a couple of drivers for a few laps of easy driving. But, I knew they would be coming back ans surely Dave and Ralf made themselves apparent in my mirror and closed the gap. I gave way to Dave but Ralf wasn't on TS to get the message and so he had to wait a bit but got by.

Definitely great to have a huge grid and wonderful chat going on TS throughout the entire event. Even if you don't have a mic, you should hook up and join the crew!

Thanks all for a couple of good races :thumbsup:

What an event. Have little mixed feelings about it.
At first I felt like an virgin all over again. It's has been a few weeks, since I touched R07.
But thankfully, it's kinda easy to get right back into R07 after a few laps, so in P2, I manage to pick up some speed, and felt that "yes, for once I am in the top 5" :sneaky:

And then Q came, and I screwed it up. So I thought to myself, "lets back out and re-join"
Well, that really didn't 't work. On my Hotlap, at the last right-hander, before start/finish line, I got magically beamed back to the garage with no time set at all. :roflmao:

R1:
Got an okay start, and at T1 I had managed to steal a few places.
Me and @Dennis Phelan were now side by side, when @Mark Hellsten thought he would receive a speed bonus if he drove into the wall: Wrong game ;)

2014_11_11_00002.jpg

He wobbled a little and for short moment, I thought there were going to be a huge crash. Luckily, he got it under control. In the meanwhile, me and Dennis played the chicken race, but I decided not to give in. We both got alongside Mark, and at T2 we all went "all in":

2014_11_11_00003.jpg

At T3, I missed my breaking point, and so did a few others:

2014_11_11_00004.jpg

2014_11_11_00005.jpg

After what felt like an eternity, most of us got going again.

Moments later, Dennis, blew the engine: Not strange, since his car were badly damaged.

2014_11_11_00008.jpg

After a few corners, me and @Dave Morley got stuck behind @Morne Du Plooy:

2014_11_11_00009.jpg

And none of us knew at this moment, but a big surprise were waiting for us.
@Reggie Blain Snr seemed to had a puncture, and could not stop his car. So he smashed into a wall, and his car got lined up in a bad way, so there were nothing we could do really, so naturally we all smashed each other.

2014_11_11_00011.jpg

2014_11_11_00012.jpg

However, I think I were the most lucky one, since I only smashed into Reggie Blain Snr rear, and were able to keep going without loosing to much speed.
This is all on lap 1 as well.

Had to split the message since you are only allowed to post 20 images per post

On the end of lap two, I manage to catch @Ralf Eiden who in turn catched up with Hellsten.
I think we both felt we were faster, but passing on this track is extremely difficult. So we kinda got stuck and we all just raced to see how things would turn out I guess.

2014_11_11_00013.jpg

2014_11_11_00014.jpg

2014_11_12_00001.jpg

We pretty much stayed together for the whole lap. Ralf got stuck at that extreme sharp right hander, so that slowed the pace down for us both a little:

2014_11_12_00002.jpg

At the end of lap 2, I manage to pass Ralf.

2014_11_12_00003.jpg

But a small mistake from my side, later on, made it possible for Ralf to pass me again:

2014_11_12_00004.jpg

Overall I felt I were faster though, but as I said earlier, it's difficult to pass, so I had stay behind him and hoping for a gap, or a mistake from him. At lap 5 I saw my chance, and passed him:

2014_11_12_00006.jpg

2014_11_12_00007.jpg

2014_11_12_00008.jpg

Now I got stuck behind Hellsten, but I saw a chance to maybe pass him.
However, it didn't paid off, that time.

2014_11_12_00009.jpg

2014_11_12_00010.jpg

2014_11_12_00011.jpg

At the end of lap 5 though, Hellsten, made small mistake, so easy pass there:

2014_11_12_00012.jpg

I am now up into 8th place, and since @Campbell Wallis had to visit the pit, easy pass again, and now I'm up to 7th. I have no idea who were in 6th place, but during lap 7 I passed another one who must had retired. Sorry, no screens for this, since game has no idea at this point.

However, I can offer a few gems I saw during the replay.
@Alex Odell and @Nelson Ullinskey had a fight, but it didn't end well for Nelson:

2014_11_12_00013.jpg

2014_11_12_00014.jpg

2014_11_12_00015.jpg

Myself is now up to 6th. I push and push and push to try catch Alex.
I had no idea at this point, but Alex car were badly damaged.
So, at the last lap, I finally catch him. But there were no good opportunity to pass him.
Despite his damaged car, I weren't able to pass him. (shows how OP the car is ;);))

We both pretty much crossed the finish line side by side.

2014_11_12_00016.jpg

R2

Started 3rd, and got a good start.
Passed Ralf (p2) and Hellsten (p1) at T1 and then spent pretty much the whole the race all by myself.

Side note:
I love Macau, even though there is no room for error, it's fast track and challenging.

Oh it's so good to be back. Thanks everyone for another fun evening of racing, even if it is at this uncompromising, crazy circuit!

Race 1 I started from 6th I think and was running 5th. On lap 2 or 3 I got light into the braking area at the top of San Francisco hill over the bump, and got sideways into the wall. Unfortunately @Nuno Rodrigues who was following close couldn't avoid me and got caught in the crash. We both carried on though and once he caught up to me as my car was damaged I let him pass. @Nelson Ullinskey caught me and we went round the last corner side by side. I pulled ahead on the start/finish straight and took the line into the first kink. As my car had no front downforce it drifted wide and squeezed Nelson between the wall and the rear of my car Held on for 5th.

Race 2 was great fun. I got a bad start and dropped a couple of places but cars ahead of me kept crashing and I threaded my way through over the course of the next few laps. I was on my own for much of the race and managed to fend off @Daniel Linder towards the end. Shows just how good my driving is ;) Very happy with a 2nd place finish!

Remember it's the real Macau Grand Prix this weekend. World Touring Car Championship, Formula 3 Masters with the best drivers from all over the world, and the one I'm most looking forward to: the Macau GT Cup. Some big GT3 teams competing in that. Erebus from Australia in their Mercedes SLS, United Autosports from the UK in their McLaren 12C, Bamboo Craft from asia in their Aston Martin, and of course no GT race would be complete without an AF Corse Ferrari somewhere in there!

4197_MacauGP_2013_DG.jpg

And @Dennis Phelan there do also appear to be bikes racing this weekend too!

@Alex Odell

Sorry to be that annoying guy, but you are both right and wrong. It was in race one that you fended me off.
Race 2, I spent all by myself. In fact, I took the lead in T1 and then manage to crawl away from the rest and took my first victory in long time :)

what a fun fun fun moments. Great track, great drivers, great cars. Even the Dennis peagons didnt leave and stayed there to watch.
i dont know what i was thinking when select the Seat. Lose so many time at straight line. But no mather. The fun was all there.
With few practice, i was surprised for my 4th qualifying place.
Race one got cauthg by one car sliding at midle track and lost contact to the first ones.
Race two very nice fight´s and a special thanks to Alex. As i told, no need to let me pass but thanks.
nice to see so many of us here!! Look forward for more. So good to drive with so respectfull people!! Hope to be one of u too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 122 56.5%