R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

Did try the VW-ID.
Was even more boring than what was said above.
Hehe the saw machine sound is one thing but the lack of gear shifting is a gamespoiler.
And it feels like the laptimes could be A LOT(!) lower if the car have had at least 2 gears.
Another thing is that I seriously doubt that the real VW is so simple and easy to drive as this one.
Hehe but at least this is one of Racerooms few cars that is lovely oversteering out of the box.;)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Its amazing how many actually is participating on the leaderboard.:thumbsup:

Doesnt matter - because I still have at least some of my brain.
The acceleration from 0-60 dont really count when you at least in the Raceroom version can hear that the "thing" doesnt accelerate from the beginning of the 1km(?) finishing straight - eventhough you can hear the car would still be able to drive 10-20 km/h faster with a higher gear.
10-20 km/h faster over 1 km would matter conserning laptime:roflmao::roflmao:

Most electric cars don't have multiple gears because they aren't needed. An electric motor is not like a combustion engine, in that it does not have a limited "power band" requiring a gearbox to take full advantage of at different speeds. Instead, most of it's power is available over a huge speed range, so only one gear is needed.

The ID.R doesn't stop accelerating because it runs out of power, it stops accelerating because it has been deliberately limited to a certain speed to preserve battery efficiency. Without the limiter it could go faster without extra gears, but it wouldn't be efficient to do so. Adding an extra gear would not help this efficiency since it has to do with drag above certain speeds, plus the extra weight of a multi-gear box would likely reduce performance rather than add to it.

Hehe if you say so.:p
And I admit that I had a suspicion too on the limiter thing - because the topspeed is both suspiciously stable(+- 0.5 km/h) - but also very low.
So instead of the extra complication of a 2 gear thingy then it could be a little less boring if it was possible for us to change the total gearing.:thumbsup:
Because Im sure that on the real VW-ID changing this total parameter is NOT a no go.:whistling:

This is what J-F Chardon posted on the S3 forums:
The car is artificially limited to 250kph as it's not efficient for the battery to attempt to fight the drag at higher speeds than that

So it sounds like all they'd need to do is give us the option to tweak the limiter, or turn it off entirely. Perhaps that will be an option after the competition ends and the car is available in the store?

This is what J-F Chardon posted on the S3 forums:
So it sounds like all they'd need to do is give us the option to tweak the limiter, or turn it off entirely. Perhaps that will be an option after the competition ends and the car is available in the store?
Im glad we had this lil word ping-pong about this VW thing.;)
Because afterwards I realised that the only answer to my own question about the (too) low total gearing is to raise the wing/downforce until the (low) topspeed become slightly capped.
Having done that I lowered my laptime about 5 sec.:laugh:
Hehe but Im still not inside the 1000´nd on the LB.:poop:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: A side effect is also that the car is even more easy(boring) to drive.:laugh::laugh:

Another update seems imminent as some FFB tweaks have been mentioned regarding the latest cars, and a DEV stream yesterday by Alex. Any speculation of a new track coming soon?

Another update seems imminent as some FFB tweaks have been mentioned regarding the latest cars, and a DEV stream yesterday by Alex. Any speculation of a new track coming soon?
Doubt there's a new track coming anytime soon. There's usually a bit of hype before those arrive.
I suspect the next thing we're going to see is a physics update for the DTM92 and Touring Classics.

Weren't the FFB tweaks an overall change rather than being specific to the new cars? I think I read on the S3 forums that the latest cars are already set up for the new FFB, which is why they might feel a bit different until the updated FFB is released.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back