R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

Also read today that brands hatch gp will be coming to raceroom. How true that is I dont know but would be a welcome addition as always wondered why the indy track was present (which is obviously due to it originally being part of the dtm packs) and not the gp loop

Yeah. It was a response to the announcement that the servers are going into maintenance mode. And the actual quote is:

"Brands Hatch GP confirmed"

If you thought this was an actual confirmation, you should probably take things on the internet a bit less literally. It's a joke/meme/whatever you want to call it.

Yeah. It was a response to the announcement that the servers are going into maintenance mode. And the actual quote is:

"Brands Hatch GP confirmed"

If you thought this was an actual confirmation, you should probably take things on the internet a bit less literally. It's a joke/meme/whatever you want to call it.

I didnt take it literally. But ok. At the time I didnt know if they had seen info some people hadn't.

For those still not clear about Sector 3's involvement in the development (or "development", whatever you prefer) of GTR3, here's J-F Chardon's reply from the R3E Discord:

The only way we contribute is that they have access to our cars and tracks.
Which is, I suppose, how you see the same GT3 R on that screenshot as the one in RR and not the current GT3 R.
We haven't been involved from sound or physics perspective, at least not yet. We did answer a few questions they had though.

I truly hope Sector 3 decide to move forward with the new engine and not wait on Simbin and there vapourware GTR3......they already got the Raceroom cars running on it from all the GTR3 teasers.....Pretty sure, that's what Paul tested or saw when he did his interview a yr ago.

A little update released today

Update details:
Download size = ca 211 MB
Client version = 0.8.0.6584
Client BuildID = 4145267
Dedi version = 54.0.986
Dedi BuildID = 4145243

Content
  • Added liveries for an upcoming competition
  • Fixed Audi R8 LMS cockpit camera that wasn't exactly centered

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?