Question | What Motorsport / Sim Racing Themed Gifts Did You Get For Xmas?

I've already mentioned this in another thread, but here goes

I kind of bought this in a moment of madness after a couple of beers, but my GF latched onto it as a chrissie pressie from her - I'm notoriously difficult to buy for, so I said OK. This, I guess, now makes it a valid Chrimbo gift.

IMG_0150.jpg

I had to have it - it's been my go to car in GTS, AC, PC2, and rF2

Haha, that's what I was thinking of, I actually got a different much cheaper brand cause my family is sensibly frugal.
Yeah, the prices on the Peloton are pretty nuts for what you get, IMO. I'm a relatively casual cyclist (I bike when it's too cold/hot for running or I'm feeling a little burned out or hurt) and I got a very nice trainer for a fraction of the price. For what it's worth, I don't know any serious riders who even have Peloton on their radar. My own perception is you are paying a big premium for the Peloton name/image.

Not Sim or motorsport related but i bought me a 2003 Volvo V70 D5 manual for Xmas, Dirt cheap as sick of putting fuel in my remapped and modded Volvo 850 T5 wagon! Happy new year! I know my wallet will be next year! :roflmao::roflmao:

I got a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari alcantara edition. It replaced my old and trusty G27, which accompanied me the last 10 years of sim racing without a single glitch and several pedal mods :)

Now, I need a good stand for it, and a couple more addon wheels, but I'm very satisfied with my new racing partner.

Got the rest of the RSS mods for AC that I didn't have. Best AC mods! I like them so much, I may have gotten one or two of them twice :). If I did, they deserve the extra $.

Sold all my Fanatec gear because I thinks it's crap, overrated and their service is garbage. Bought a T-GT instead and am much happier.
Yeah Fanatec basically caused me to quit simracing because I spent so much money and just about everything I ever got from them broke. Love the design engineering just not the Chinese fabrication and assembly of these items.

Nothing yet between a DD2 or a DOF reality seat mover cant decide yet
Nice you leaving in Europe coz they didnt raise their shipping costs in the continent.gutted in a sense i am not there anymore and living in Japan now, on top of a recent vat increase it doesnt help with expensive simracing hobby
Having said that, just bit the bullet on a next level racing wheel stand lite for the living room casual setup. I call it a post Xmas impulsive purchase lol but it was really cheap as opposed to usual inflated japan market prices

Sold all my Fanatec gear because I thinks it's crap, overrated and their service is garbage. Bought a T-GT instead and am much happier.
Decided on last monday to gift me a crappy Fanatec SE Shifter :) (still due but today it will come home to daddy) to complete my Fanatec crap. Eons ago at the beginning I had Windows Sidewinder Crap, changed to Logitech crap for many years and now I'm quiet happy with my Fanatec crap, as I finally had the money to get it (and btw. many simboys here still only can dream of that crap) The service (btw.) was good on my side so far (while it's overrated crap- did I mention ?) and like the consumers mood, psychadelic adds and the fashion goes Heusinkvelt, Simcube and whatnot will be considered overrated crap soon , and some very new and shiny superhighendsomethingsomething under the sun won't be worthy as well, until the industry managed to sell us crapless hardware not under 1000 bucks per piece - and we will still not be satisfied with it. But, hey, after that, all will go down the drain anyway....yeah, lads, sometimes it's very tough to remain a healthy member of the western capitalist hemisphere...cause nothing ,no, nothing will be good enough for us - ever... ;)

Last edited:
I gifted myself Beam.NG Drive and Assetto Corsa in this Christmas, Because I want to play some New Racing/Driving Sim that can driving both GT Cars and Street Sport Cars, when my old GTR2 is lacking on it(Even with mods)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.